Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Can Jedward play up-front?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Can Jedward play up-front?

Some on here would probably say so if it meant getting rid of Giroud unfortunately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Julian Draxler ..... sign em up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Christ.. The channel is only a few months old and is already in need of a radical overhaul. Owen is insufferable.

Gary Neville may not be everyone's cup of tea on Sky but I have to say i like him as he has given Arsenal considerable praise the past two seasons and if im honest i dont mind Carragher either. BT badly need to get in pundits who are at the very least entertaining. I dont mean a populist spoofer like Dunphy but someone who at the very least has the courage of their opinions .

You're right, BT had a fantastic opertunity to launch a new style of football show. They had free reign to do something new and radical but instead they went with the same crap BBC/Sky have been pumping out for ages. Though as you kinda pointed out, Sky have at least started to get their act together in recent times.

They could have laid down a challange to SKY and make them up their game but even after spending hundreds of millions on getting live Premiership football they dropped the ball with a dull football program.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Glad that I don't have to suffer through the BT coverage tomorrow :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Maire2009 wrote: »

you are going to Emirates, right?
    Happy days!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Enjoy can't wait for the 19th!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Jose nicked Liverpool's man

Way too much positivity in the Utd thread, well for the last 6 hours or so anyways.

Maire2009 wrote: »

The Emirates -- where love stories begin.
    Are you meeting up again? :)

• Advertisement

Is he Chelsea's 3rd signing in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Bar draxlar I can't think of anyone we could get

Bar draxlar I can't think of anyone we could get

Was there not word of a loan deal for a lad called Moratta?

I didn't expect Wenger to buy in this window but the argument that the players are not there does not hold water. Other teams seem to be able to find what they want.

Id imagine with the exception of Juan Mata, the real notable top players wont move until the summer after the world cup.

As for Chelsea i half wonder at times do they just sign players that other clubs are after just to stop them from going there? Is there an actual purpose to half of their scouting at times i wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It takes two to tango unfortunately - Madrid didn't want to let him go

Id imagine with the exception of Juan Mata, the real notable top players wont move until the summer after the world cup.

As for Chelsea i half wonder at times do they just sign players that other clubs are after just to stop them from going there? Is there an actual purpose to half of their scouting at times i wonder.

They seem to have the newest lad signed very quickly for 11 million. Even before Mata's United deal is finalised. Surprised they didn't sign another CF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

The Emirates -- where love stories begin.
    Are you meeting up again? :)

I got stood up the last time

1000w

Can't see him settling and having an impact in such a short space of time

Can't see him settling and having an impact in such a short space of time

Agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Not the most reliable of sources but this Italian website saying we've agreed a fee for Draxler

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/europa/esclusiva-tmw-arsenal-colpo-draxler-gli-aggiornamenti-vicino-il-si-per-45-milioni-521999

Would be nice but then you'd have to think how these guys would find something so big out, and not any other big newspaper haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Would be nice but then you'd have to think how these guys would find something so big out, and not any other big newspaper haha.

Ya telegraph are saying Arsenal representatives traveled to Germany this week but failed to agree a fee

"It is understood Arsenal representatives travelled to Germany for talks this week, but Arsenal have so far failed to meet Schalke’s £37 million asking price for the 20-year-old. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10593577/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-questions-timing-of-Chelseas-sale-of-Juan-Mata-to-Manchester-United.html

Could someone translate the translation please :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Could someone translate the translation please :confused:

Today will set the final details, and tomorrow will be even Arsenal in Gelsenkirchen for the final white smoke

Come on now Tayto, how do you not understand that? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Is Draxler going to be the new pope?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Pope Arsene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Not as bad as the scraps we were going on last night on salah on the liverpool forums. best one was some african guy " salah chances of a liverpool are skinny, he doesnt fancy voyage and liverpool remain in closet on deal".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

wonga77 wrote: »
    Today will set the final details, and tomorrow will be even Arsenal in Gelsenkirchen for the final white smoke

Come on now Tayto, how do you not understand that? :pac:
    AdamD wrote: »
    Is Draxler going to be the new pope?

You guys are gonna feel so silly when Draxler is unveiled tomorrow ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

So what's his shirt number?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

right Gooners so the expert pundits all season have been predicting an Arsenal collapse, any idea when it's going to happen?

Ps. I cannot fathom some peoples attitudes in here towards Giroud. He's a wonderful player! Honestly one of my favourite players, works hard, great touch and control and his finishing is decent without being world class.

Plus he plays with a massive smile and seems to genuinely love his club. That's how it looks anyway.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How, in the name of Jesus, did you even find that....?????

Life finds a way, like dinosaurs.

Hope zelalem gets 20 tonight

Maybe ollson too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

right Gooners so the expert pundits all season have been predicting an Arsenal collapse, any idea when it's going to happen?

Ps. I cannot fathom some peoples attitudes in here towards Giroud. He's a wonderful player! Honestly one of my favourite players, works hard, great touch and control and his finishing is decent without being world class.

Plus he plays with a massive smile and seems to genuinely love his club. That's how it looks anyway.

Rate him highly. We do need another alternative but some of the abuse he gets its ridiculous. If he was injured for 3-4 games people would see his true value.

Don't think there will be an Arsenal 'collapse' in the sense of Newcastle all those years ago or United 2 years ago. I just think they won't be good enough in the end and that City are in the groove.

It's my opinion that the next 2 games will decide how early the title is won.
    City play Spurs away and Chelsea home.

If they come out of there with 4-6 points I think they will do it easily. Anything from 3 to 0 and it really is game on.

We have a tricky one in Southampton away. Should beat Palace at home. If we could only come out of the next two games more than 3 points ahead some real belief may emegre. It's Liverpool and United then within 3 days.

The real decider? Our 4 league games in a row starting on March 15th:

Spurs A
    Chelsea A
    Man City H
    Everton A

I don't know a worse 4 fixtures for any team all year. But I guess this is where it will most likely fall down although as I say I don't think it will be collapse territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Hope zelalem gets 20 tonight

Maybe ollson too

I'd be very surprised if we even score 20 never mind Zelalem getting that many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I don't think we'll collapse but the way the title race is now, someone's just going to have to go out and win it.

We dropped what, 15 points so far?

Not sure of that's correct, losses vrs Villa, City & Utd. Draws vrs Everton, Chelsea & West Brom.

Anyway, it looks like City & Chelsea won't drop as many silly points but then neither will we.

I'm guessing that our lack of goals will see us pick up one or two draws. It's currently harder to see that happen to city.

But hey, we do play both of them them so we're one or two big wins away from being in a commanding position.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it only BT tonight's match is on or is it on any of the terrestrial channels too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it only BT tonight's match is on or is it on any of the terrestrial channels too?

BT only.

Another match of crappy stream for me so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Try acestream torrents. Perfect.

Balls to that streaming crap, dodgy sky boxes are the future!

Anybody know where to find 'em?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Balls to that streaming crap, dodgy sky boxes are the future!

Anybody know where to find 'em?

Donedeal has literally 1000's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

it's to the pub for me, gonna check out the game in the Mercantile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

FearDark wrote: »
    Donedeal has literally 1000's

Are they back? I thought dodgy boxes stopped working a few years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I'd be very surprised if we even score 20 never mind Zelalem getting that many.

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

why aren't we in for chicarito for 15m?

bad2dabone wrote: »

Yea would be ideal back up, would they sell to us though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yea would be ideal back up, would they sell to us though?

Again do we really want to go out and spend 15 million on a player who is only going to be a back up player?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Again do we really want to go out and spend 15 million on a player who is only going to be a back up player?

Unfortunately that's how much decent backup players cost these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Exactly my thoughts. I would rather go out and spend double the 15m, that will not only strengthen the squad but strengthen the starting XI.

• Advertisement

Well.......yeah?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement