Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Would like to see Coventry try play nice football instead of the get into them and rough them up tactics a lot of teams resort to at the Emirates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 7m
    Re: Draxler

I understand that Schalke and Arsenal have agreed a fee.
    If he will leave now I don't know. But this is latest info
    #afc

He broke the Ozil news, started to get excited now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Raf32 wrote: »
    He broke the Ozil news, started to get excited now.

Yeah I saw stories this afternoon saying our people were in Germany trying to reach a deal but I refused to get my hopes up. Damn you Raf.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah I saw stories this afternoon saying our people were in Germany trying to reach a deal but I refused to get my hopes up. Damn you Raf.

Im sorry i was trying to stay calm but this has tipped me over the edge. Draxler videos being watched as we speak :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Im sorry i was trying to stay calm but this has tipped me over the edge. Draxler videos being watched as we speak :pac:

I thought he was injured? He wont move if he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Raphael Honigstein ‏@honigstein Sep 2
    . @JanAageFjortoft is very well connected to the relevant person in Özil camp. You can his word as gospel. Will come down purely to wages

What somebody tweeted about @JanAageFjortoft when he broke the Ozil news back in September. Lets hope his Draxler contacts are as sound.

jonny666 wrote: »
    I thought he was injured? He wont move if he is

Back to fitness monday week supposedly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

You do know that we will all hold you personally responsible if it doesn't happen :D

Awaits Chelsea to swoop at the last minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

really??? hummmmm.......

Ive pretty much ignored this transfer window cause I was sure we werent goina go for anyone. Il be all over twitter and stuff now. Bollox :D

ronjo wrote: »
    You do know that we will all hold you personally responsible if it doesn't happen :D

Just passing on the info, jan will be getting it bad no doubt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Awaits Chelsea to swoop at the last minute.

Nah we are the Germans team of choose these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Soups123 wrote: »
    Nah we are the Germans team of choose these days

True, everyone knows Chelsea are the number 1 team in tw*tsalvania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

There's are first win by more than three goals this season.

Scoreline flattered us but at least another step closer to a cup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Just my opinion so feel free to disagree.

Fabianski - 8
    Jenkinson - 7
    Mertesacker - 7
    Koscielny - 7
    Gibbs - 5
    Chamerblain - 6
    Wilshere - 7
    Gnabry - 7
    Ozil - 8
    Podolski - 9
    Bendtner - 6

Overall, a fine performance. The Ox and Bendtner are sharp of match fitness so that justifies their slow performances. The Ox looked fine at times but really struggled to get into the game.

Gibbs was caught out on a number of occasions. It would have been more routine for the defence today if he did his job properly.

Ozil played the role of the punisher again today. Podolski got us going. Fabianski dealt with everything. Everyone else was solid.

Zelalem, Giroud and Cazorla all impressed. Wenger gets the credit there.

Even Steve McManaman on BT Sport has said he has heard from a very reliable source that a fee has been agreed for Draxler. Wonder is it the same lad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Didnt realise it was so soon. I heard March. Either way, delighted if it happens. Wasnt expecting any first team signings this month.

Wenger calls the Draxler rumour an illusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

cathalio11 wrote: »

It's definitely happening so ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

cathalio11 wrote: »

BextHZOIIAA3Ko7.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

That's the Ozil smile

When I see an article at the side by the headline "The INCREDIBLE picture that proves Adolf Hitler lived to 95 with his Brazilian lover", I start to wonder about the credibility of said newspaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Oh right....good point, just got caught up in the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Henry on Graham Norton tonight

Wenger on Mourinho: "I speak about facts & ideas. Never about people."" I think that's what you call "getting owned".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Wenger on Mourinho: "I speak about facts & ideas. Never about people."" I think that's what you call "getting owned".

I can remember him talking about Van Nistelrooy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

This is from BBC Sport "The TV cameras did their best to dig out a line from Arsene on his reported interest in Schalke midfielder Julian Draxler, but the wily old boss just smiled and said there was no news on any transfers. Watch this space", I think Draxler move is defo on...;)

This is from BBC Sport "The TV cameras did their best to dig out a line from Arsene on his reported interest in Schalke midfielder Julian Draxler, but the wily old boss just smiled and said there was no news on any transfers. Watch this space", I think Draxler move is defo on...;)

You found the right thread I see :)

• Advertisement

You found the right thread I see :)

Yep I did...:), one of the reasons not to follow too many threads...:D

Yep I did...:), one of the reasons not to follow too many threads...:D

You got my attention, I thought if it's being posted in the online jersey thread and everything it must be really happening

Some genius decided to exploit a typical trait for many football fans (Chelsea fans being the target of this video).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Interesting to hear from Henry on why he left.
    Also the Lee Mack *Bendtner bit* was brilliant.

meriwether wrote: »
    I can remember him talking about Van Nistelrooy.

Ya he did, after the tackle on Cole for which Van Nistelrooy got a 3 match ban for. Bit different from the nonsense Mourinho does be at.

You got my attention, I thought if it's being posted in the online jersey thread and everything it must be really happening

me too got caught in the excitement...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

More hyping it up.
    tim payton ‏@timpayton 2m

Thought for tonight. Arsenal announce Puma on Monday. How much sexier would that be if there were a new £37m signing wearing it?! #patience

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I can't fathom why the media fawn all over Mourinho. He's disrespectful and basically full or crap but he's loved for it. The treatment Wenger gets in the media is appalling compared to that moron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Giroud 13 (9)
    Ramsey 13 (8)
    Walcott 6 (5)
    Ozil 5 (4)
    Wilshere 5 (3)
    Cazorla 5 (3)
    Podolski 5 (3)

Mertesacker 2 (2)
    Bendtner 2 (2)
    Rosicky 1 (0)
    Flamini 1 (1)
    Arteta 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    I can't fathom why the media fawn all over Mourinho. He's disrespectful and basically full or crap but he's loved for it. The treatment Wenger gets in the media is appalling compared to that moron.

It's just the English tabloid media who drool over him, as he gives them fodder to sale the ****e...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Missed the game. Great to score 4 goals and see Podolski produce when given his chance.

Il tell you whats ridiculous though is Sky Sports News not even giving the result of the game. Wasn't even looking for goals to be shown but to ignore it completely because BT had it or it's FA Cup is stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I do like how Wenger conducts transfers. He carries himself with great dignity and is very respectful of other clubs.

Seeing the likes of Blanc openly talking about Pjanic and Cabaye pisses me off tbh. Such scummy behavior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Jose Mourinho is a disgrace. Wenger has more class in his baby finger than Mourinho will ever have in his whole body, himself and Chelsea deserve each other!!!

Sky sports saying draxler desperate to join arsenal before the window closes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

If according to the dodgy news reports we've agreed a fee with Schalke and Draxler is very eager to join then I dont see the point in waiting till the summer.

Get him in the squad asap. Niki B is absolute rubber. No way we should be relying on him.

Though his injury issue my scupper things at this window.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The whole injury thing, is it just a case of him not passing the medical? Surely they can push through the transfer regardless in the safe assumption that this injury won't prevent from playing ever again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What if its the dreaded 3-6 weeks type injuries. We may never see him again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ah lads you've gotten me excited now..

iNaIcOyiDySBW.gif
    tumblr_mu0pjpFIHm1sn7k9qo2_400.gif
    5hzdgp.gif

Really hope this happens. Good vid here to keep us salivating.

http://vimeo.com/84976656

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

keano_afc wrote: »

He makes good copy. That's pretty much the long and short of it. I think its fair to call his time at Real Madrid a failure. His constant niggles with members of his squad there are testament to the kind of guy he is. Casillas coming over to him at training saying "Mister, at this club we say things to our faces".

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/jan/23/mourinho-real-madrid-sid-lowe

He's an abhorrent individual at a classless club. They're made for each other.
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    I do like how Wenger conducts transfers. He carries himself with great dignity and is very respectful of other clubs.

Seeing the likes of Blanc openly talking about Pjanic and Cabaye pisses me off tbh. Such scummy behavior.

That's the Arsenal way though. It comes through in almost every aspect of the club. For all the lack of trophies, we're a well run club in every aspect.

Re Draxler; he'll give a boost but don't expect titles this season because of his arrival. The guy is an immensely talented youngster coming back from an injury who AW will more than likely try to convert into a striker.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement