Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Interesting Ryo and Zelalem ahead of Gnabry and Eisfield. Not looking good for Eisfield futuere at the club with so many in there ahead of him and all of them pretty young

This seems to be the official list from UEFA?

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2014/clubs/club=52280/squad/index.html

Gnabry and Eisfeld both included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭golfball37

newbie2 wrote: »
    What's all this comparison **** between us and loliverpool or spuds? Why are we not comparing ourselves against man utd, city or chelsea?
    As far as I'm concerned, these are our main rivals this year. If we want to compare ourselves against them other two clubs, then why not compare ourselves against Fulham or palace?

Because Spuds or Liverpool will finish closer to Arsenal than Palace or Fulham will to them. You may not like it but to deny it would make you look foolish.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

LFC were ****, are **** and will be **** compared to the great Arsenal - now and in the future.

Wouldn't take any of their team now.

symbolic wrote: »
    Don't play football myself but seems odd getting any joy out of that medal.
    Ever played sport at all? I remember the feeling when we went out of an under-8s tournament in the semi-final after a penalty shootout. I remember winning the GAA county championship in both 5th and 6th class. I remember all my sporting "triumphs" and let-downs, however insignificant they may seem to others. I'm sure Van Persie had a false smile when he won the title last year. Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Ever played sport at all? I remember the feeling when we went out of an under-8s tournament in the semi-final after a penalty shootout. I remember winning the GAA county championship in both 5th and 6th class. I remember all my sporting "triumphs" and let-downs, however insignificant they may seem to others. I'm sure Van Persie had a false smile when he won the title last year. Jesus.

Ah yeah fair enough, I guess I just lack that competitive /winning gene. I'll shut up now ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭golfball37

Hyzepher wrote: »
    LFC were ****, are **** and will be **** compared to the great Arsenal - now and in the future.

Wouldn't take any of their team now.

And I thought Arsenal had bid for Suarez this summer?? Damn media.

I'm sure LFC would swap the 5 big cups they have for a few 4th place trophies in the years to come all right;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

golfball37 wrote: »
    Because Spuds or Liverpool will finish closer to Arsenal than Palace or Fulham will to them. You may not like it but to deny it would make you look foolish.

The same could be said about man utd et al.
    Or am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

How did we end up back at a d1ck measuring contest? let each set of fans worry about their own team in their own thread and we'll concentrate on Arsenal and not the ifs and buts of imaginary teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

I'm sure LFC would swap the 5 big cups they have for a few 4th place trophies in the years to come all right;)

Good to see ye still living off that one.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

wonga77 wrote: »
    How did we end up back at a d1ck measuring contest? let each set of fans worry about their own team in their own thread and we'll concentrate on Arsenal and not the ifs and buts of imaginary teams
    Stupid posts from fans of both teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

greendom wrote: »
    hope you're right

I sure hope so to.

Same could be said for Arsenal with City and Chelsea, than to Liverpool ;).

But enough of this comparing lark its all bollocks really, an just fuels stupid debates. I do really think this is going to be the most competitive league in Europe this season with Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, City and United all very capable of taking points off one another I honestly wouldn't be able to call top four right now every team has its strong points and weak points.

Germany, and Spain you can basically be assured of the top two. I for one can't wait to see how the season pans out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Raf32 wrote: »

Anyone fancy summarising this? Out for the night and by the time I get back it's bound to be lost in pages of tit for tat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

L'prof wrote: »
    Anyone fancy summarising this? Out for the night and by the time I get back it's bound to be lost in pages of tit for tat!

Would like to in the future, but not the near future as he hasn't finished what they started at Ajax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

He keeps shirts he swapped after games at his moms house!

And Henry and Vieira were the best players he played with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Interview

Q: Prior to playing for Arsenal, had you been offered a move to another English club?
    A: No, the first club I spoke to was Arsenal.

Q: Proudest moment as an Arsenal player?
    A: My testimonial.

Q: Who do you think is looking the best young player to come through at the minute?
    A: Christian Eriksen is special.

Q: Who was the most talented you played alongside with at Arsenal?
    A: Viera, Henry, Overmars, Van Persie.

Q: Where do you keep all of your mementos, not in the loft I hope!
    A: I collect shirts, they're in my mums house.

Q: I hear that when you play football during training at Ajax the players still fear you. So you can still move the ball?
    A: I try to.

Q: Would you consider taking on a coaching role at Arsenal?
    A: I would yes, but not in the near future.

danlen wrote: »
    Good to see ye still living off that one.

Yep they sure are, like the withered and weary old man clutching his war medals close to his chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Reading reactions from Real Madrid fans to the Özil transfer on arseblog. I like this one in particular (although I can't find another source, it might just be a a joke).

Sergio Garcia (golfer): “How could they have let this happen – paying £100m to sign someone to replace Özil from a club nobody’s heard of? They are crackers in the head.”

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

dorgasm wrote: »
    Reading reactions from Real Madrid fans to the Özil transfer. I like this one in particular.

Sergio Garcia (golfer): “How could they have let this happen – paying £100m to sign someone to replace Özil from a club nobody’s heard of? They are crackers in the head.”
    lol, pretty sure arseblog made that quote up...

Yeah, I edited my post to say so. I hadn't read the bottom ones before posting. Although Sofia Vergara weighing in on the issue makes it plausible....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

As much as I love them, those made up 'facts' or 'quotes' are going to get Arseblogger in trouble some day! :pac:

his proudest moment for Arsenal was his testimonial. Not this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Has anybody thought what this thread would be like and the general feeling among Arsenal fans would be like have we not signed Ozil?
    The negativity would be too much to handle i think. And now with that one signing, fully grown fans are giggling like teenage girls at a Bieber concert.
    It's great.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

dvemail wrote: »
    Has anybody thought what this thread would be like and the general feeling among Arsenal fans would be like have we not signed Ozil?
    The negativity would be too much to handle i think. And now with that one signing, fully grown fans are giggling like teenage girls at a Bieber concert.
    It's great.

Just go to back to the other thread and re-read the aftermath of the Villa game for an idea of what it would be like. Dark, dark times. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Wenger hasn't been perfect at all recently but the lesson is once again to not doubt his complacency until he has finally finished in a despicable position.

There have been around 4-5 periods (some longer than others) in the last 7 years where Arsenal have been booed for a while with negative criticism. Each time, he has loosened us out of it.

It's not his fault that we lost against Villa. We have proven since that we had a team capable of beating them, like he said. Hence why we beat Fener x2, Fulham and Spurs.

A lot of this is stating the obvious, but hey! :)

Swear I've watched every Ozil video on YT at this point :pac:

Rival fans are underestimating this transfer methinks, Madrid fans however; not best pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

AdamD wrote: »
    Rival fans are underestimating this transfer methinks, Madrid fans however; not best pleased.

No, no we're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Arsene can't stop spending cash.

tumblr_msjecugqqN1qdm5ngo1_400.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Swear I've watched every Ozil video on YT at this point :pac:

EVERY video? :)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gGhuHqJTSE0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgGhuHqJTSE0

• Advertisement

audman wrote: »
    EVERY video? :)

I have no words

A more enjoyable video of Ozil nutmegging people for 2 and a half minutes

audman wrote: »

Well thats not a little f*cked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

All I can say is I'm very excited and thankful my patience during the summer has somewhat paid off :D Can't wait to actually see him in the shirt and on the pitch

YAY!

BTVLOdIIYAAPkjH.jpg

And YAY again.

BTVLqhrIIAA4VyR.jpg

What do people here make of the story Sky Sports are running now? They had Graham Hunter on and he says Ozil and his father were waiting on Man United to come in for him and that he would have signed for them if they had tried.

Quick question.

I put together a ff team (Gunnerstat Goons) featuring only ex and current Arsenal players. (Don't ask me why, I guess I was bored :D)

They're 34 in our Gooners fantasy league atm.

So I think I have all the ex players on my watch list.

Can you see if I've missed any?

GK:
    Mannone (FUL)
    Wright (MCI)

Def:
    Cole (CHE)
    Touré (LIV)
    Clichy (MCI)
    Connolly (CAR)
    Senderos (FUL)

Mid:
    Nasri (MCI)
    Pennant (STK)
    Larsson (SUN)
    Sidwell (FUL)
    Thomas (CRY)

Fw:
    RvP (MUN)
    Chamakh (CRY)
    Anelka (WBA)
    Adebayor (Sp*rs)

What do people here make of the story Sky Sports are running now? They had Graham Hunter on and he says Ozil and his father were waiting on Man United to come in for him and that he would have signed for them if they had tried.

Find it hard to believe that Utd didn't try to sign him. He is exactly what they need.
    It only seems to be Graham Hunter saying that Ozils camp was waiting for Utd to swoop in. Why try go for Herrera at 36m when they could have gotten a proven superstar for an extra 14m. I know it's a lot of money but for a club like Utd it isn't really with their revenue.
    It could be true or it could be people trying to reason why a World Class player would like to join miserable ole Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Find it hard to believe that Utd didn't try to sign him. He is exactly what they need.
    It only seems to be Graham Hunter saying that Ozils camp was waiting for Utd to swoop in. Why try go for Herrera at 36m when they could have gotten a proven superstar for an extra 14m. I know it's a lot of money but for a club like Utd it isn't really with their revenue.
    It could be true or it could be people trying to reason why a World Class player would like to join miserable ole Arsenal.

I don't think he is what United needed, he is not a natural centre mid, he playes more CAM which is the hole VP drops into. They also have Kagawa and Rooney that can play there. Obviously he would be a huge improvement for them in there but with Rooney not moving I think it left them with no choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Couldn't care less right now, he came to Arsenal. Highly doubt the story as United would've gone for Ozil and not Herrera if they knew Ozil would leave.

Doesn't make a lick of a difference to me anyways, the worst would be him leave in 2 years minimum and probably for a similar or bigger fee. Can't see how we can possibly lose on Ozil

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    I don't think he is what United needed, he is not a natural centre mid, he playes more CAM which is the hole VP drops into. They also have Kagawa and Rooney that can play there. Obviously he would be a huge improvement for them in there but with Rooney not moving I think it left them with no choice.

That is true, but why chase Fabregas and Thiago for the summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I have no words

A more enjoyable video of Ozil nutmegging people for 2 and a half minutes

yehgif_zps460e55d9.gif
    yea-fcuk-yea.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

That is true, but why chase Fabregas and Thiago for the summer?

I think they know he can play more centrally, can even play deep. Moyes may also be considering his playing style.

Its pinch the arm stuff that we signed him, can't wait for his first game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Ive been a huge critic of wenger lately and rightly so as many would agree but i must take my hat off for him landing ozil he is world class he would have no problem playong on any world 11 team.
    He should be a joy to watch.

Ozil should stay at the least 2 years with us and having him will attract other world class players next summer hopefully.

We could of done with a striker and defender aswell but were used to not getting what we want ever so lets all just he happy for now anyway:D

Here is Graham Hunters timeline. He is pretty blunt putting it nicely.

https://twitter.com/BumperGraham

A tweet from Jeremy Wilson from the telegraph yesterday.

Jeremy Wilson ‏@JWTelegraph 19h Surprised some MU fans prefer to think Moyes simply rates Fellaini above Ozil, rather than club tried and failed on Ozil

Who to believe?

the same Hunter who said Thiago and Fabregas were definitely coming to United? Hasnt a clue the lad. thought i would just add this...
    Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham 24 Aug 10
    It may prove that, in the end, Werder have kept the player in Marko Marin who will prove even better than Ozil

says it all really about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

A couple of years ago Hunter took great pleasure in moaning at Arsenal's antiquated training techniques when Fabregas was moving to Barca

Everything he says is clouded by his love for Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yep thats bollocks that RVP didn't get any joy out of his premier league medal, I have chest problems but signed up with the local junior team a few years back didn't get much gametime being honest but trained my hole off twice a week for them and we won the league that year and even though i didn't feature too much i still have that bloody medal up on my fireplace one of the proudest moments of my life to be fair so to say medals mean feic all is bull**** of the highest order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

neutral here, can't fcuking wait to see Özil (alt+0246 for the omelot btw) in action and the football arsenal play this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Few quotes about our new player.

Germany under-21 manager Horst Hrubesch once said, "We in Germany are prone to rave about foreign players. We praise Wayne Rooney to the heavens, likewise Ronaldo or Messi. But we have our own Messi. Our Messi is Özil."

In the UEFA Euro 2012 qualifier against Belgium he scored a goal which has been described as a "work of art." Germany coach Joachim Löw hails Özil for his 'genius moments' and his performance without the ball.

Real Madrid midfielder Xabi Alonso described Özil as "the kind of player you don't find these days," adding, "He understands the game, sees things, combines and thrives between the lines, unlocking teams," while José Mourinho said, "Ozil is unique. There is no copy of him – not even a bad copy." Mourinho also stated that, "He is the best number 10 in the world. Everyone loves him and sees a bit of Luis Figo and Zinedine Zidane in him. He will make history at Real Madrid."

Assistant coach of the Germany national football team Hans-Dieter Flick says, "We are proud to have him in our team. When he has the ball, you can feel the excitement and astonishment among the fans."

Former Holland international Ruud Gullit labelled German Özil as a "technically perfect" player who has "total control of the ball" and has "great imagination".

:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement