Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Özil's nutmegging skills are :eek: :D

9a52a42cjw1e4k9yjoqptg209e05qhdt.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

NUTZZ wrote: »
    RVP is the 6th best player in the game...89.....:P

Considering Bale is 3rd on the list or 4th, all the ratings are complete bo**ocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Considering Bale is 3rd on the list or 4th, all the ratings are complete bo**ocks.

Yup, they still have David Silva rated 88. Highter than Ozil, Cazorla & Mata.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Everyday since Monday I have been randomly smiling because of the Ozil signing.

People are beginning to think that there is something wrong with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Given that we seem to be getting back to more caviar than sausages I thought it was time for a new signature...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I saw a picture of Ozil and his very attractive girlfriend and thought to myself, what a lucky woman.

Ozil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Raf32 wrote: »

Exciting times ahead I reckon, Wenger sold him his "vision" of were the club is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Weird, he sounds exactly like Cazorla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's still all a bit surreal. Came back from an internet hiatus at electric picnic and saw the news and couldn't quite believe it. Thought maybe Di Maria would have signed but never Özil. Even the OH realized it was a massive thing as she said "that's the first time I remember Arsenal signing a player I have heard of" :pac:

Can't wait to see him in action.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Lads, I don't mean to cause a commotion, but... we signed Ozil!

Giroud must be wetting himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

GavRedKing wrote: »

What? Bale's rated the same as Ozil and 17th on the list..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

maximoose wrote: »
    It's still all a bit surreal. Came back from an internet hiatus at electric picnic and saw the news and couldn't quite believe it. Thought maybe Di Maria would have signed but never Özil. Even the OH realized it was a massive thing as she said "that's the first time I remember Arsenal signing a player I have heard of" :pac:

Can't wait to see him in action.

I graduated in Monday and just kept saying to people that I was happier with the idea of ozil signing than the actual graduation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

have a feeling il be paying more attention to the German match on Friday then the Irish one.

I wonder why?? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

jonny666 wrote: »
    have a feeling il be paying more attention to the German match on Friday then the Irish one.

I wonder why?? :)

Same here, i'm looking forward to that game more than the Irish one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I graduated in Monday and just kept saying to people that I was happier with the idea of ozil signing than the actual graduation!
    Congrats on the graduation.

Cant wait to see Ozil in an Arsenal shirt but for now my mind is firmly on the Ireland game. Have plenty of times to go see the Arsenal world cups dont come around so often. Huge outside chance I know but I will be right behind them come tomorrow.

Arsenal Treble and trip to world cup. That will do me for the next year

What times are the matches on on Friday?

What times are the matches on on Friday?
    Ireland v Sweden is at 7.45

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Germany v Austria is at 7.45

FYP

Both at the same time?

Better get my flipping coin out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

L'prof wrote: »
    Özil is 24. He'll prolly still be at Arsenal when van Persie retires!

or he will move on to win trophies;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Both at the same time?

Better get my flipping coin out!

waqtch both:D the power of the multi platform devices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

^^^
    Every now and again I click on the View Post link on an ignored user, and I feel complete justification in my original decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've deleted a few posts, Paullegend has been dealt with.

Move along folks, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

So how bout those Nets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Turning our attention to the youth coming through, who do people think will break into the squad this year and get some semi regular game time?
    Seems like Gnabry and Zelalem are the two to look at, especially Gnabry as any injury to Walcott and he may well be needed. Hard to see Zelalem getting much time on the pitch until he starts to bulk up somewhat but he does look a prospect.
    Akpom, Eisfield, Bellerin or Hayden? Hard to see Eisfield getting anywhere at the club now even though he does look pretty good. Good eye for goal too.

dvemail wrote: »
    Turning our attention to the youth coming through, who do people think will break into the squad this year and get some semi regular game time?
    Seems like Gnabry and Zelalem are the two to look at, especially Gnabry as any injury to Walcott and he may well be needed. Hard to see Zelalem getting much time on the pitch until he starts to bulk up somewhat but he does look a prospect.
    Akpom, Eisfield, Bellerin or Hayden? Hard to see Eisfield getting anywhere at the club now even though he does look pretty good. Good eye for goal too.

I don't think we will see much of Ryo, Gnabry or Zelalem this year apart from the odd sub appearance and the Carling Cup but seeing players like them is what makes the Carling Cup exciting for me. For me I think Gnabry and Zelalem looks like the two best current prospects to make it as first team players for Arsenal.

I don't know what happened with Eisfield Wenger did seem to like him and he did look good last year on the occasions I did see him but he seems to have drastically dropped down the pecking order not even getting a look in at pre season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

From what I've seen of ryo at bolton he looks an exciting player, not amazing or anything like that but he'll be a nice player in the carling cup. He'd be my bet on the guy seeing the most game time of the three just mentioned.

Yeah something doesn't fit with Eisfield. Anytime I've seen him play I've been quietly impressed. Thought he would have been higher in the pecking order than Frimpong who was among the subs on Sunday if I remember correctly. Even less of a chance to play now with our newest acquisition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Every time I saw the u21s last year Eisfeld was outshone by Gnabry, can't help his cause when Gnabry's 2 years younger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Ireland v Sweden is at 7.45

That's not going to be a good match. Long ball's all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

My favourite pastime of this week has been going up to Man Utd fans moaning about getting Fellaini and butting in on their bitching with:

"Arrah sure lads if you're not willing to fork out the big money, you'll not get the world class players!"

It's a nice, smug feeling doing that. One signing has made us so feared ... it's great! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Our youth teams do not seem to be as good as in previous years from the results I have seen. Something must have changed whether it's the scouting, training methods or other teams catching up. Very few breaking into the first team in last few years.

Our youth teams do not seem to be as good as in previous years from the results I have seen. Something must have changed whether it's the scouting, training methods or other teams catching up. Very few breaking into the first team in last few years.

We released a bucket load of them during the summer ;). Very few players from top teams make when it through you think about it only the odd one will make it to the first team most move on. In the last few years we have had, Wilshere and Gibbs, look at City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool there the same if not worse.

Only the cream of the crop make it through, a lot of the other will make a name for themselves and careers for themselves at other clubs. If you look around at the amount of ex Arsenal youth players you would soon realize there are a few knocking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

The problem with eisfield is that if he not scoring he does fcuk all which won't cut it in first team football

I think both zelalem agd gnarby will get a little game time and if we but again in January the will prob go on loan like wilshere did too Bolton

Not sure about Ryo injuries kinda ruined him reckon he will def go on loan

And the biggest chance of first team action is bellerin, if he keeps performing like last year and we get an injury at RB I reckon wenger might stick him in

So I'm pick of anyone to really break through this year I'm going for bellerin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Have to agree, bellerin is a real prospect.

Ex Barca, isn't he? We'll probably be getting the Barca DNA sh*te going on again in a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Ex Barca, isn't he? We'll probably be getting the Barca DNA sh*te going on again in a few years

Aye him and jon toral. Ignasi miquel too. Ex barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I don't know an awful lot about the junior set up but it seems to me that we got rid of so much of the senior youth players this Summer, that it wasn't that surprising that the pre-season went so poorly.

• Advertisement

Doubt Zelalem will ever be loaned off unless things go south for him. With the style he plays he is best off at Arsenal learning under Ozil and the like. Who better to learn from.

Looper007 wrote: »
    That's not going to be a good match. Long ball's all the way.
    No but Id watch Ireland play in Tiddlywinks. Heading to the game and excited by it.

Theres another thread for that though.

I think all the young lads will be stuck with carling cup and maybe some fa cup games this year. If we are up challenging then wont be using them and we are pretty well stocked in midfield especially.

I do feel bad for Frimpong. I say someonce calling him benchwarmer on twitter the other day . His response "No shame in sitting on the bench for a great club like arsenal, you should try it sometime".

Clearly loves the club I just dont think hes up to the standard needed

around 25 games to january, excluding internationals. think we have enough to be in a decent position in the league come then and qualify to next stage of champions league, but our reserves wont have enough i fear to make it far in the league cup.

around 25 games to january, excluding internationals. think we have enough to be in a decent position in the league come then and qualify to next stage of champions league, but our reserves wont have enough i fear to make it far in the league cup.
    Not sure at the moment our carling cup team could be something like
    Viviano
    Monreal Vermalean Sagna Flamini
    Rosicky Frimpong zelalam
    Ryo Sanogo Gnabry

If we get past west brom it may depend on the draw then. Throw bendy boots eisfield bellerin in there as options till we get a few more back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Booked the dortmund game, anyone got any hotel recommendations?
    Normally stay in travelodge kings cross the last 50 times and sick of it.
    Something on picadilly line preferably.

Not sure at the moment our carling cup team could be something like
    Viviano
    Monreal Vermalean Sagna Flamini
    Rosicky Frimpong zelalam
    Ryo Sanogo Gnabry

If we get past west brom it may depend on the draw then. Throw bendy boots eisfield bellerin in there as options till we get a few more back.

yup agreed, hopefully get lower league opposition for a round or two then we should be ok.

• Advertisement

Arsenal shareholder, Alisher Usmanov has sold his share in Facebook for £337m - making a "tenfold profit" in the process.
    Cashing in on his investment, very smart businessman, wonder will he give up on us and eventually sell? Stan trying to appease fans now with Ozil and maybe one more in january.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Trying to find cazorlas contract length can't see anything on it, anyone know how long it is?

Hope its not only 3 years, he's on 70k a week, think he should be offered a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Thats where the problem might come with Ozil when other players contracts come up for renawal are they gonna ask Ozil money or thereabouts :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Nice visual representation of the squad here:

BTVf7SiCIAAK7kS.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Thats where the problem might come with Ozil when other players contracts come up for renawal are they gonna ask Ozil money or thereabouts :/

Don't think any of them will expect Ozil money. They know they can't get that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement