Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I think it's Ramsey. Here's the team for that game --

ARSENAL: Mannone 6, Jenkinson 7, Mertesacker 7, Koscielny 7, Gibbs 6, Diaby 6, Arteta 7, Gervinho 5, Cazorla 8, Ramsey 7, Podolski 7 - Subs - Walcott 6, Giroud 6, Coquelin N/A

Could be Jenkinson if Ramsey went off.
    Ramsey is on the ground, you can see the number 6 which is part of his number 16.

Actually that could be pod hmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Ramsey is on the ground, you can see the number 6 which is part of his number 16.

Actually that could be pod hmmm.

If that's the team from the game then it's Diaby, not sure if that's the right line up though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

TheGunns wrote: »
    If that's the team from the game then it's Diaby, not sure if that's the right line up though

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/match-facts-manchester-city-v-arsenal-043416926.html

Not clear who went off/came on though. Diaby probably suffered an injury.
    Oh I see Theo and Giroud came on for Diaby and Podolski.
    So Jenkinson seems to be the odd man out of the picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/match-facts-manchester-city-v-arsenal-043416926.html

Not clear who went off/came on though. Diaby probably suffered an injury.
    Oh I see Theo and Giroud came on for Diaby and Podolski.
    So Jenkinson seems to be the odd man out of the picture.

What do i win???

gosplan wrote: »
    What do i win???

An all expenses paid trip for 20 to watch Arsenal in this year's Champions League Final.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

An all expenses paid trip for 20 to watch Arsenal in this year's Champions League Final.

Nice, I was worried for a minute it might be a 'Bendtner 52' shirt.

Would you have worn it in the Mercantile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭G1032

It's Jenkinson
    Both Diaby and Podolski were gone off. The guy with the 6 on the back is Ramsey

http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/1213/post/first-team/manchester-city-1-1-arsenal-match-report

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

If anyone is looking for a twitter acocunt for quality Arsenal related vids this lad is the business https://twitter.com/CulannDavies

Here's his Welcome to Arsenal Ozil video he had to create a new youtube account because its a long one but a brilliant video :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Too easy for such an amazing prize :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

More rumours doing the rounds of us going for Ciprian Marica. Probably the agent just tryig to drum up interest though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Not sure what this guy is like but his goal scoring rate for clubs isn't great. To be fair to him it looks like he has been used as a bit player so maybe suffered from not having a good run in the team.

Not sure he's anything above NB52 though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Not sure what this guy is like but his goal scoring rate for clubs isn't great. To be fair to him it looks like he has been used as a bit player so maybe suffered from not having a good run in the team.

Not sure he's anything above NB52 though.

Well going by Wiki he mostly plays behid the striker or on the wings at club level and as a striker for the national team. If he is actually any good then his versatility would give us a bit of cover out wide at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Well going by Wiki he mostly plays behid the striker or on the wings at club level and as a striker for the national team. If he is actually any good then his versatility would give us a bit of cover out wide at least.

Could be a gem, but you have to wonder what is a 27 year old international doing without a club ?

greendom wrote: »
    Could be a gem, but you have to wonder what is a 27 year old international doing without a club ?

Yeah, and why are West Ham the only other team apart from us linked with him?

They should only sign him until the end of the season (or 2 seasons max) since it's likely we'll strengthen even more over the next two windows. If he proves himself a good squad player over that time then give him an extension. Last thing we want is to start signing more dead wood on long term contracts.

I see Perez is being a bit of a twat and coming out with all sorts of comments about Ozil saying he was unprofessional etc. I call bullshiit it's just the man trying to justify him selling Ozil to the angry Madrid fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Quazzie wrote: »
    Does anyone here go in and read other clubs megathreads? I honestly struggle to make time to read this thread. It takes a special kind of person to spend so much time reading about their rivals in my opinion.

I do for a few reasons.

A) There's nothing going on or anything to talk about Newcastle related. How I feel about Newcastle right now is very similar to some of the comments you lads have made about the Irish team.

B) I am not just a Newcastle fan. I am a football fan and I like to read how other fans feel about their team and keep afloat of things in general.

C) Sometimes I have some time to kill between projects in the office. :P

So yeah, I read megathreads when I have a chance and rarely post unless there's something I can contribute to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I see Perez is being a bit of a twat and coming out with all sorts of comments about Ozil saying he was unprofessional etc. I call bullshiit it's just the man trying to justify him selling Ozil to the angry Madrid fans.

Wouldn't read too much into what he says. Id say he never expected the reaction they got from the Madrid fans for selling Özil. The sight of him sshing the Madrid fans cheering for Özil at bales unveiling was brilliant.

Will Özil start the weekend? He'll only have had a few days training with us

I'd say AW will play him for some part of the match. Ideal team to start his Arsenal career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Say he will be used as a substitute. Ease him into the team and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

give him only 10mins and he will setup a goal or score one

Depends on travel. Is Cazorla on the other side of the world again, or somewhere more local?

If nobody needs a little extra rest, I think he'll be on the bench. Bring him on after an hour or so rather than throwing him in front the start. Let him ease in. We also have Champions League in midweek so that will have to be taken into account too. Think he will start against Stoke either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Depends on travel. Is Cazorla on the other side of the world again, or somewhere more local?

If nobody needs a little extra rest, I think he'll be on the bench. Bring him on after an hour or so rather than throwing him in front the start. Let him ease in. We also have Champions League in midweek so that will have to be taken into account too. Think he will start against Stoke either way.

Jesus forgot all about CL mid week!! Brilliant. Away to Marseille. Very important we get a win there. We'll have to beat them home and away I think. Reckon Ozil will start the CL match for sure

A bit off topic sorry but does anyone here know how long the train from Dublin to Galway takes?

Getting the train at about 11:30 Saturday morning hoping I'll be able to make it to a pub in time for the Arsenal match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

A bit off topic sorry but does anyone here know how long the train from Dublin to Galway takes?

Getting the train at about 11:30 Saturday morning hoping I'll be able to make it to a pub in time for the Arsenal match.

2 and a half hours. Maximum of 2 3/4s

Moneymaker wrote: »
    2 and a half hours. Maximum of 2 3/4s

Get the spuds into you too Marty before you start the gargle.
    Plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Anywhere from 2 and a half hours to 3 and a half hours depending on what train you take.

FYI Gobus/Citylink bus services are usually in under 3 hours (sometimes 2 and a half off peak) and a hella cheaper than the train too. If you're not committed to the train for whatever reason I'd recommend the bus these days over it.

Cheers for the replies much appreciated :), looks like I should make it quite comfortably so. I'm already commited to the train though the organiser going down for a friends birthday and he already has it all booked.
    Get the spuds into you too Marty before you start the gargle.
    Plenty of time.

:pac: ah I reckon a good healthy fry up in Heuston Station should see me grand I'll probably have a drink or two on the train down just to wet the whistle of coarse. First time out on the beer in Galway so looking forward to it, I hear good things.

Hopefully get to see Ozil come off the bench and make an impressive start to his Arsenal career, can't see him starting the game.

Cheers for the replies much appreciated :), looks like I should make it quite comfortably so. I'm already commited to the train though the organiser going down for a friends birthday and he already has it all booked.

:pac: ah I reckon a good healthy fry up in Heuston Station should see me grand I'll probably have a drink or two on the train down just to wet the whistle of coarse. First time out on the beer in Galway so looking forward to it, I hear good things.

Hopefully get to see Ozil come off the bench and make an impressive start to his Arsenal career, can't see him starting the game.

Enjoy the fry.

I'd actually start Ozil and let him bed-in during the game and be used to things before the CL game. Never hide your light under a bushel as they say in the Bible (whatever that means :D).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

After playing so much at the start of the season Id rather see Rosicky get a rest on Sat and start Ozil just to protect him. We cant afford any more injuries and he is going to be an important player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Well, in an effort to resurrect this thread somewhat. It seems that Vermaelen is back in training, according to the Belgian doctor anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ozil will be flying to London late tonight or early tomorrow morning

Let that sink in

So whos on the bench this weekend Viviano or Fabianski?

So whos on the bench this weekend Viviano or Fabianski?

Maybe both depending on injuries :pac:

4 days!

I'm very excited :D

• Advertisement

I'd say the reception he gets will be mindblowing

Heading back to China tomorrow. There is a bar there where I have never seen Arsenal lose a game despite being there almost every week. First game we played I wasnt there .....Villa.

SO im gonna do my part go there for every game this year and we will win the league. Now I just have to convince my girlfriend I am only doing it for the good of Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I'd say the reception he gets will be mindblowing

****ing wished i got tickets to go and see it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

****ing wished i got tickets to go and see it
    There are still tickets available for Stoke, his first home game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

There are still tickets available for Stoke, his first home game...

I hope hes wearing kevlar shin pads against that lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Gnarby just scored a 20 yard screamer for the German u19 team v Greece. He looks an exceptional talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Gnarby just scored a 20 yard screamer for the German u19 team v Greece. He looks an exceptional talent.

He looks head and shoulders above everyone else out on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Wenger went crazy on Transfer deadline day

a5045ab0-b6d0-44bb-8e9e-e47ddacc82ab.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Zealem is out for 6-8 weeks, that's a pity, would like to have seen him in the cup games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Mertesacker just scored, total poacher goal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Rosicky off injured for Czechs

Ramsey also picked up a knock - ran into the advertising hoardings but is meant to be okay

Gringo180 wrote: »

Delighted to hear that really think he has the bet hope of making a few first team appearances this year from all the up and coming talents, has looked much better than Ryo anytime I've seen either play.
    jester77 wrote: »
    Zealem is out for 6-8 weeks, that's a pity, would like to have seen him in the cup games.

Such a shame but he still has plenty of time on his side, hopefully we don't get knocked out the cup and we get see him later on.

Maire2009 wrote: »

Ramsey also picked up a knock - ran into the advertising hoardings but is meant to be okay

Balls any word on what wrong with Rosicky? I read earlier Verm started back training today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Balls any word on what wrong with Rosicky? I read earlier Verm started back training today.

Must have a look on Rosicky - Theo coming off for England now, got a nasty tackle on his ankle apparently :mad:

Edit - thigh strain for Rosicky, no idea how bad.

Maire2009 wrote: »

On the bright side -- Ozil has to start now against Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Wilshire had a stinker. He's off now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement