Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Özil peno :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Faroe Islands 0 Arsenal 2 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Looper007 wrote: »
    Wilshire had a stinker. He's off now.

Getting dogs abuse for it too. Should see all of the comments on bbc about him being over rated, from the same set of fans who wanked over him after the Brazil game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

AdamD wrote: »
    Getting dogs abuse for it too. Should see all of the comments on bbc about him being over rated, from the same set of fans who wanked over him after the Brazil game.

That's English football fans for ya will build there own players up to the max proclaiming them the best and the very next week hound them and make there life a living hell saying there crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Theo actually stayed on after that tackled and was only replaced with a few mins to go - hopefully he'll be okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

AdamD wrote: »

Were they giving out as much about St. Gerrard and St. Lampard as well? Doubt it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ozil is okay and I just got up a 6 team accumalator worth 600 blips, think ill go watch us v Norwich in a few weeks with the missis :D

BFG tweets Poldi after the game :D

1184866_405399566228791_1359095715_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Finally the build up to
    Proper football Is back

I see jack is going through his "Ramsey" season. Lets stick with him the boy is gonna be world class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

so we're heavily linked with free agent ciprian marica, formerly of schalke. he's an established romanian international striker and we were linked with him earlier in the summer as well. he's been linked with inter, shahktar and lazio as well. what do you think? bring him as as we're very short up front? get him in for the season? obviously we wanted other players before the window shut but we may as well get him in now. is it right to say that the loan window is still open? if so, are there any other loan options or free agents we could get in? whats kanu up to these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

whats kanu up to these days?

Just recently celebrated his 30th birthday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

We should have got Remy on loan from QPR.

I'm guessing the sexual assault charges put Wenger off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

In all honesty I think were good, as in yeh we could do with better options but is this Murcia fella better than the options we already have?

As it is I doubt Bendtner will get much of a look in and do we really want to add more deadwood again after shifting out so much during the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

In all honesty I think were good, as in yeh we could do with better options but is this Murcia fella better than the options we already have?

As it is I doubt Bendtner will get much of a look in and do we really want to add more deadwood again after shifting out so much during the summer.

One year incentive driven contract, might work hard in cup games and provide good backup in europe and the league. If he plays good, its a bonus and he gets a better deal next summer, if he plays bad, its a small lose to none at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

so we're heavily linked with free agent ciprian marica, formerly of schalke. he's an established romanian international striker and we were linked with him earlier in the summer as well. he's been linked with inter, shahktar and lazio as well. what do you think? bring him as as we're very short up front? get him in for the season? obviously we wanted other players before the window shut but we may as well get him in now. is it right to say that the loan window is still open? if so, are there any other loan options or free agents we could get in? whats kanu up to these days?

Is there a space in the 25-man squad? No use just having him for Capital-One Cup games, might as well give Akpom a game.

• Advertisement

Finally the build up to
    Proper football Is back

I see jack is going through his "Ramsey" season. Lets stick with him the boy is gonna be world class

With Ramsey now showing what he really is all about and Ozil available as well as Cazorla hopefully the pressure will be off Jack. Of course there is the other pressure that he'll have to fight for his spot, but that's the good sort of pressure imo not the "carry the team" sort

I'm going to the Norwich & Dortmund games by the by \0/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

999870_10151714571712713_890036231_n.jpg

I cant wait for the weekend!photo.php?fbid=10151714571712713&set=a.10150246028422713.313072.20669912712&type=1&relevant_count=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Stuart Pearce really hates us the useless hasbeen/neverwas:

Why can't he just love us. Sad face.:

The Football Association has slammed Stuart Pearce for his decision to criticise players' attitudes towards the England Under-21s.
    Pearce, who was dismissed as Under-21 manager after the side lost all three of their group games at the 2013 European Championship in Israel, accused players including Arsenal's Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Manchester United defender Phil Jones of "apathy".
    But a response from the governing body read: "The FA are disappointed with the comments of Stuart Pearce with regard to squad selection this summer.
    "Squads were selected for the summer tournaments and decided upon by the coaching staff, including Stuart Pearce. The players were then advised accordingly which squads they were in. It is unfair to criticise individual players.
    "All selections were management decisions and were not taken by individual players."
    Pearce was frustrated to be without a raft of players who had experience with the senior squad for the tournament in Israel and acknowledged he was always up against it after being forced to select an under-strength squad.
    He said on Sky Sports News: "In our wildest dreams, do you honestly think that England or any nation in the world can turn up at a major tournament without six or seven...I think there were eight players with senior international caps that didn't actually come who could have played for the Under-21s this summer.
    "The odd one was injury. Apathy played a big part in it. The Oxlade-Chamberlains of this world, the Phil Joneses... If they didn't want to come... Once they go through the golden ivory towers of the seniors, they don't want to come and play in the Under-21s any more.
    "There's no nation in the world that could suffer that. However we solve that - if it's a case of stopping players going into the seniors because they don't want to step down - like the Spanish boys do, and they're happy to do so... Our boys, for whatever reason - the powers, the Premier League, the finance they get at such a young age, the lack of real passion to play for your country - no matter what... we have to solve that problem."
    Pearce also expressed his disappointment at Gareth Bale for pulling out of his Great Britain Olympic squad last year and cited the example of Arsenal duo Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere, who are England regulars, but have little tournament experience.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Pay no attention, he's an imbecile.

Dennis Bergkamp's book out the 26th, cannot wait!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone have an update on injuries. Rosicky etc please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Anyone have an update on injuries. Rosicky etc please.

haven't seen anything new, i think there should be an update on the website tomorrow

frimpong :pac:

BT1XNZWIIAAj1i3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Raf32 wrote: »
    Dennis Bergkamp's book out the 26th, cannot wait!!

Didn't realise he had one coming out, should be very interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Didn't realise he had one coming out, should be very interesting!

I wonder if Bergkamp is afraid his book might fly off the shelves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I'm hearing that Rosicky is definitely out but that everyone else should be ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

greendom wrote: »
    I'm hearing that Rosicky is definitely out but that everyone else should be ok

Looks like Ozil is set to start anyway

UK1lw.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Really looking forward to seeing Ozil.
    And you know what I’m delighted with reports that Vermaelen has started running again.

Last year without a doubt he was dreadful and made some glaring individual mistakes, which directly cost us goals. Quite rightly dropped but he’s sure to be pushing hard and that’s only a good thing for the squad.

doesnt even look like a professional footballer
    http://instagram.com/p/eKISKeA_qH/

doesnt even look like a professional footballer
    http://instagram.com/p/eKISKeA_qH/

The lad has a bigger gut than me :eek:

Surely Arsenal must take some responsibility here. As a professional footballer earning the salary he does, there should be some minimum standard that they have to adhere to.

Ozil: 'Of course [we can challenge for the title]. This is one of the biggest clubs in the world'
    I love him already! :D

• Advertisement

jester77 wrote: »

Surely Arsenal must take some responsibility here. As a professional footballer earning the salary he does, there should be some minimum standard that they have to adhere to.

Yup its a disgrace to be honest, flick through his twitter photos there, him smoking, drinking, he is a joke lol!
    https://twitter.com/bendtnerb52

Yup its a disgrace to be honest, flick through his twitter photos there, him smoking, drinking, he is a joke lol!

Yeah, just saw that one with Snoop Dog, hope he was just quoting a Snoop Dog song, otherwise he's a serious fool.
    Bendtner wrote:
    So what we get drunk #so what we smoke weed #we are just having fun #thats how its supposed to be #living young and wild and free! Big snoop doog

Ozil: "I did not get the respect & the trust (at Madrid). It was difficult. When I talked to Arsene on the phone, he was full of respect."
    Wenger has still got it, respected by everyone in football, keep giving him the money and we will be back on top in no time.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

jester77 wrote: »

Hah, he says in the comments it's just the way his t-shirt is ballooning out a bit :D

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hah, he says in the comments it's just the way his t-shirt is ballooning out a bit :D

LOL, you only need to follow the curve of his waistband to see that he is full of it [/pun]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Mickeroo wrote: »

I think it is to be honest. He has a few other pictures from recently any he's still trim. When I saw the picture I was a bit shocked though!

Actually, just found an official picture!!!

besebeny.jpg

Here's the instagram pic for anybody who hasn't seen it.

5fb3492a1b9c11e38a7822000a9e08ae_7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Cant wait to see Ozil lads, its great to say we have the best attacking midfielder in the league, Giroud, Cazorla and Walcott are going to score alot more goals with this lad in the team, a special special player :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I don't know, I'd be pretty happy with Bendtner's waistline!

• Advertisement

There should be a clause on his contract that he remains fully fit and he breaks it and gets no pay if he's not.
    Can't understand some of the contracts feckers like B52 have. All one sided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Costa Rica qualified for the World Cup meaning Joel Campbell is on his way to Brazil next summer. Hopefully he does well and can do a job for us next season.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Costa Rica qualified for the World Cup meaning Joel Campbell is on his way to Brazil next summer. Hopefully he does well and can do a job for us next season.

Don't no why we let him go, surely he is better than sangoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

FIFA 14 celebration.
    How real men celebrate.

tumblr_mt0g8l7Zvt1qaorn7o1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Don't no why we let him go, surely he is better than sangoo

Why would you assume that?

I don't know much about either tbh, I've seen a few minutes of Sanogo, and a few highlight videos of Campbell, but nothing I'd form an opinion from.

Jesus the tickets for the Cat "A" games are some price now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24052562

The most expensive ticket in English football remains at Arsenal, where a category A adult match-day ticket can cost up to £126.

No wonder our "away" fans are much noisier. They can't afford the home games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

I don't know why people are so quick to write off Sanogo. He did nothing wrong in the appearances his made. The only thing that was obvious is that when we get into dangerous positions he's not sure where to run, that's just his inexperience coupled with moving to a new team.

Case in point being his involvement in Ramsey's second against Fenerbache. His contribution showed real signs of intelligence. He did the bit in the middle of the park well, came short to link up play and helped create the opening for Gibbs to break. Problem was that when he ran to join the attack in the box he started on running into the exact same space Ramsey was making for and had to check it. He just wasn't sure on what space he should be occupying, (possibly because he's not used to midfielders being so high up the pitch?).

This uncertainty was his undoing in most of his appearances so far. He simply isn't comfortable with the system we play yet. But, while he's obviously a bit raw in places given his age, there weren't any signs with which to write off his ability yet.

tl;dr: Sanogo looks a quite an intelligent player, but uncertain of how he fits into the team. He could be a very valuable asset to us later in the season once he's bedded in a bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

excitement really building up now.
    I'd be out all day Saturday, so I'll pop in the Woolshed for the game. Few times I've watched a game there, we've never lost (although I do recall a draw with Liverpool), so here's hoping the good luck continues.

Verm is back in the squad for tomorrow

I have a sneaky feeling him and kos will finish the season as our first choice CBs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Just looking at our PL fixtures for Sept/Oct up to November 2nd when we play Liverpool we have a run of games that I’d be expecting us to win:

Tomorrow: away to Sunderland
    Sat 22nd: home to Stoke
    Sat 28th: Away to Swansea
    Sat Oct 6th: Away to West Brom
    Sat 19th: Home to Norwich
    Sat 26th: Away to Crystal Palace

And then as I said on Nov 2nd home to Liverpool which I’d also be expecting us to win if we realistically wish to push on this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭golfball37

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement