Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

gandalf wrote: »
    Is it just me or does Emiliano Viviano look like Almunias Italian cousin?

Alumina better not have disguised himself and got back into the club :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Apparently Davvy thinks Ba is the fourth best player in the world :PAC:

Well on his day!

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Sky reporting maureen won't let ba go to arsenal or spurs, what a guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

No and no.

sorry im speaking manure im wrecked from last night :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Getting 100m for Bale is the single greatest piece of business ever done in football. He is worth NOWHERE near that, one good season, like one of many Thierry Henry had in his career with Arsenal and he's off for 100m. Unbelieveable. Thierry Henry is twice the player Bale will ever be mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Sounds like we will get a striker in going by what Arsenal told Palace.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Go and get Abel Hernandez Wenger, then you can concentrate on signing another big name instead of getting caught up in ths Ba stuff.

FearDark wrote: »
    Getting 100m for Bale is the single greatest piece of business ever done in football. He is worth NOWHERE near that, one good season, like one of many Thierry Henry had in his career with Arsenal and he's off for 100m. Unbelieveable. Thierry Henry is twice the player Bale will ever be mind you.

That's like most British players sadly, overhyped and overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Sky reporting maureen won't let ba go to arsenal or spurs, what a guy.

To be honest he's right to. Ba in the mood is very hard for the opposition to handle, he could potentially push either club past Chelsea in the league of he regains his form. He's be a good signing for most premier league clubs.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looper007 wrote: »
    Sounds like we will get a striker in going by what Arsenal told Palace.

What they say to palace?

Things have gone a bit quiet now. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

FearDark wrote: »

Problem for Spurs is that they have bought mediocre talent to replace him. Paulinho failed in Europe before. Soldado is a rich man's Ricky Lambert. Capoue now has a dodgy ankle. The rest are unknown or unproven.

Great thing for Arsenal is that we have got a world-class top-10 player for half the cost of Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ba will be quality at Arsenal, is it a loan deal or what do we know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Yes looking like Chelsea want to sell to a 3rd Prem league club. Ba wants Champions League though. Bendtner going to Palace is dependent on Arsenal getting another striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What they say to palace?

That them getting Bendy boots is dependant on Arsenal signing a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

hi guys, i dont have time to read the last few pages and im off out again in 2 minutes, what did I miss in the last 2-3 hours???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

That little Danish bollix is going to get stay with us now because Wenger can't secure a deal. :mad:

What they say to palace?

Bendtner to palace is on hold until we get another striker in

What they say to palace?

if we sign a striker palace get Bendtner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Jeremy Wilson ‏@JWTelegraph 1m
    No issues on Ozil - Arsenal putting together statement and lawyers reading and re-reading contract. It's all agreed and medical done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

From the BBC live updates:

MOTD presenter Gary Lineker
    "Mesut Ozil has signed for Arsenal. Terrific acquisition. Always rated him, but wonder why Real Madrid didn't and why Mourinho preferred Willian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

God I haven't been this excited about an Arsenal signing since Dennis Bergkamps in 1995.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

A tinge of bitterness in that statement is there ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

A tinge of bitterness in that statement is there ?

more than a tinge of bitterness, methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ffs Arsenal.com update the front page I am sick of looking at that picture of Almunia mk2!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Godge wrote: »
    more than a tinge of bitterness, methinks.

totally bitter. no surprise about that he's a spud legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Ffs Arsenal.com update the front page I am sick of looking at that picture of Almunia mk2!

Agreed.

I suspect, they are finding it difficult signing any other quality player so leaving the announcement late so we can all wet ourselves and forget about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

People are judging the Bale price all wrong.

He's young, British (which is very marketable worldwide), white (sad but true), and pretty flashy. He's even got his own trademarked celebration.

Bale the image is what Real are paying a lot of cash for, not Bale the footballer. It's fairly well known that they get 50% of all future endorsement deals and with Bale trademarking his own celebration, it seems pretty obvious which way he wants to go on the whole 'am I a Paul Scholes or a David Beckham' question.

To me, the truly unbelivable thing is that a guy that looks so much an ape is actually marketable.

At the same time though kudos to Levy - staggering price to get.

Great to hear two Dublin accents on SSN. That Peterbourgh Chairman speaks the truth.

2 class quotes from Niall Quin about Ozil

Mourinho "the best no 10 in the World"

Guillit "Technically the most perfect player he's seen"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    People are judging the Bale price all wrong.

He's young, British (which is very marketable worldwide), white (sad but true), and pretty flashy. He's even got his own trademarked celebration.

Bale the image is what Real are paying a lot of cash for, not Bale the footballer. It's fairly well known that they get 50% of all future endorsement deals and with Bale trademarking his own celebration, it seems pretty obvious which way he wants to go on the whole 'am I a Paul Scholes or a David Beckham' question.

To me, the truly unbelivable thing is that a guy that looks so much an ape is actually marketable.

At the same time though kudos to Levy - staggering price to get.

Yeah no doubt that's all a factor. He's a quality player to be fair, will be interesting to see how much of an impact he has when he's not the main focal point of the team though.

Wish the Ozil deal would just get done now! Completely over the moon we are getting him, there is a little niggling doubt in the back of my mind that they should be pushing harder for a few other players along with him though.

Great to hear two Dublin accents on SSN. That Peterbourgh Chairman speaks the truth.

Bah... horrible accent. Get Packie on there with a real Irish accent! :)

If its sanogo, flamini and ozil are we happy?

Will ozil be happy?

greendom wrote: »
    2 class quotes from Niall Quin about Ozil

Mourinho "the best no 10 in the World"

Guillit "Technically the most perfect player he's seen"

He's a top class player that I find crazy (but i'm glad they ain't) that Utd haven't gone in for him cause he's the kind of player they need.

Bah... horrible accent. Get Packie on there with a real Irish accent! :)

That mixture of Glasgow and Donegal is a ear inducing mess :pac:. Plus he's boring but not Michael Owen boring.

If its sanogo, flamini and ozil are we happy?

Not really for me. A striker is a must, and a wide player to a lesser extent. Ideally a centreback too.

CB not going to happen, still holding out hope we'll swoop for Di Maria in the next few hours. will be happy enough if we get Ba as back up to Giroud.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

He's a top class player that I find crazy (but i'm glad they ain't) that Utd haven't gone in for him cause he's the kind of player they need.

He'd have been a great signing, but he'd be as needed as RVP was last summer. We have great players in his position.

Not really for me. A striker is a must, and a wide player to a lesser extent. Ideally a centreback too.

CB not going to happen, still holding out hope we'll swoop for Di Maria in the next few hours. will be happy enough if we get Ba as back up to Giroud.

Ye another striker has to be got, don't want to see bender near our team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Chelsea won't loan to us now as they see us as a rival. Shows how big Ozil is for us.

A world class or at least top class one is a must. A CB we can get away with cause Vert will be back after the International break. I think Di Maria thing is over with sadly. But a shock buy of a top class player would go down nicely.

• Advertisement

I know we've signed Ozil but surely if needs must we could find room for BENDER down the line? :pac:

dvemail wrote: »
    Chelsea won't loan to us now as they see us as a rival. Shows how big Ozil is for us.

Yeah, on the one hand it's annoying on the other it's great to be seen as threat all of a sudden :)

Abel hernandez so?

Read this earlier, not sure how well they know their stuff but sounds like he could be a decent prospect: http://hereisthecity.com/2013/09/02/jl-why-abel-hernandez-is-perfect-fit-for-arsenal/

Could argue we need more than a prospect though since Sanogo already ticks that box.

Bendtner would only be in the squad till we could get someone in in January. Obviously that wouldn't be ideal, but he needs a few good performances to find himself a new club, and I would rather us hold out for someone of real quality rather than just getting in expensive cover for Giroud this late in the window. May not be the worst situation to find ourselves in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I know we've signed Ozil but surely if needs must we could find room for BENDER down the line? :pac:

I just vomited in my mouth reading that, washed it down with ozilade though so no harm done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Remember lads the Arteta deal came out of nowhere, anything can happen and the press don't always know.

I have a feeling the Ozil deal is done and were using it as a smokescreen to get other business done. At least I hope :pac:.

getting late to get a striker out of the bag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No Bendtner is a negative influence and should be nowhere near our squad at all

Apparently Lukaku wants to go back to WBA? Throw 20 million at Jose sure, I know he didn't want to give us Ba but money talks.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Flamini was excellent yesterday for us an I'm delighted he's back now. The Ozil transfer speaks for itself, its awesome. We still need a striker though as I feel Girould isn't good enough still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Godge wrote: »
    Problem for Spurs is that they have bought mediocre talent to replace him. Paulinho failed in Europe before. Soldado is a rich man's Ricky Lambert. Capoue now has a dodgy ankle. The rest are unknown or unproven.

Great thing for Arsenal is that we have got a world-class top-10 player for half the cost of Bale.

Do you consider seria a (Lamela) or la liga(Soldado) unknown leagues?

Pauinho gave an interview recently saying he hated his first spell in eastern europe where he was badly racially abuse by fans in poland & lithuania as a young homesick teen he decided enough was enough & came home where he improved season upon season .has 18 caps for brasil & shone in the confeds cup keeping xavi in his pocket in the final..

well we now have 7 new signings with a lot of potential..
    Capoue sprained his ankle & will be out for a mth .he looked like a sandro mk2 in his other 4 games for us. made more interceptions on his own than a few teams combined iirc on his debut .

he will come good again..sandro will be back 100% in 2 weeks same with Kaboul & lennon too.

Very early days for the noobs at WHL..could take til next year for the team to properly gel..its a long term project for AVB & levy we aint trying to "do a chelski" & buy the title ffs...just having a much needed clearout of mostly deadwood & bale.. & an influx of next gen players for our future:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement