Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

golfball37 wrote: »

i don't believe that, it's just madrid trying to appease the fans for selling him, releasing garbage into the press. Ozil's mrs is a cracker anyway.

Only a day away. Might head to the merc for this one. If there's not an air of optimism there tomorrow, there never will be!

It's Mesut Eve!

Excitement is building.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Just looking at our PL fixtures for Sept/Oct up to November 2nd when we play Liverpool we have a run of games that I’d be expecting us to win:

Tomorrow: away to Sunderland
    Sat 22nd: home to Stoke
    Sat 28th: Away to Swansea
    Sat Oct 6th: Away to West Brom
    Sat 19th: Home to Norwich
    Sat 26th: Away to Crystal Palace

And then as I said on Nov 2nd home to Liverpool which I’d also be expecting us to win if we realistically wish to push on this season.

A few CL ties in and amongst that lot that will inevitably complicate things a little. The key thing is how the squad copes with injuries and suspensions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Nicky B is supposedly working on his fitness in Denmark.......
    BUCRErdCQAI1Wb6.jpg:large

Fantasy football query for you gunners fans, what do see as Aaron Ramseys role in the coming months, from what I saw he played well against Fulham and Spurs, is he nailed on for starting or do you think he would be the first one in midfield to make way if Wenger wanted to change things slightly?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

He's nailed on at the moment.

Have him as a sub in my FF team as I feel he may start chipping in with a few more goals and assists this season. Though with Arteta out and Ozil in the team now, I reckon he'll probably be utilised in a fairly conservative role for the next while... though again that depends on whether he's paired with Wilshere or Flamini I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

golfball37 wrote: »

Even the Madrid fans are not buying it.
    This is utter lie! As a madridista, it is already sad to see Oezil leave, now I am utterly disappointed with Real Madrid. Everybody knows El Mundo is RM's "best friend", those lies must have come from RM!! Every madridista knows that Oezil is a hard working and humble gentleman! Shame on you Madrid!! What the hell are you trying to do with spreading these lies? So that you can blame Oezil's departure on him but not your stupid plan of buying Gareth Whatever!?

He's nailed on at the moment.

Have him as a sub in my FF team as I feel he may start chipping in with a few more goals and assists this season. Though with Arteta out and Ozil in the team now, I reckon he'll probably be utilised in a fairly conservative role for the next while... though again that depends on whether he's paired with Wilshere or Flamini I suppose.

Ye, exactly what I was thinking with them 2 coming into contention. I am gonna throw him in as a sub I think, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Is the game on tele 2moro lads?

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Is the game on tele 2moro lads?

yous are on Setanta Ireland

Changed my mind and just switched Ramsey out for Barkley. Saw Martinez's comments about Barkley and it sounds like he'll play regularly this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I took Ramsey out

He will be a great player for us

Can't see him racking up loads of fantasy football points though

Anyone putting Ozil in tomorrow?

I'm sticking with Cazorla, Giroud and Walcott, and hoping that they all benefit from his presence.

Have gone with he who shall not be named and a cheap midfielder instead of Giroud + Ozil. Might take a 4 point transfer hit later if Ozil starts quickly.

swapped out Hazard for him.

Giroud is captain

bad2dabone wrote: »
    swapped out Hazard for him.

Giroud is captain

Same here, except RVP as captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Yep, I'm playing my wild card anyway so why not. 1 more than Coutinho isn't a lot, and while he's seemingly playing well he ain't getting points. Özil will!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

did ozil miss training this morning? no pics of him with the squad on arsenal.com :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

He slept through his alarm clock... unprofessional!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ozil missed training (illness) but travels to Sunderland, Mertesacker also ill & does not travel, Vermaelen travels #bbcsportsday #afc #safc

ah lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

AdamD wrote: »
    Ozil missed training (illness) but travels to Sunderland, Mertesacker also ill & does not travel, Vermaelen travels #bbcsportsday #afc #safc

ah lads

No Merts I don't like. Would rather see Sagna in there than Verm rushed back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

No Mertesacker sets off alarm bells.

I really really hope we don't put Vermaelen in there. I'd hope Sagna starts.

That's probably Ozil on the bench too then.

• Advertisement

You'd have to imagine.

Szcz
    Jenk----Sagna--Kos--Monreal
    Jack---Rambo
    Theo
    Santi
    Gibbs
    Giroud

Unless Ozil is fit to start?

Flamini in for Monreal and Wilshere at 10 more likely I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Frisbee wrote: »
    You'd have to imagine.

Szcz
    Jenk----Sagna--Kos--Monreal
    Jack---Rambo
    Theo
    Santi
    Gibbs
    Giroud

Unless Ozil is fit to start?

Would have thought:

Szcz
    Jenk----Sagna--Kos--Gibbs
    Flamini---Rambo
    Theo
    Jack
    Santi
    Giroud

prefer yours mind

Injury List to our squad:
    Per
    Ox
    Poldi
    Rosicky
    Diaby
    Arteta
    Bendtner ( not match fit)
    Sanogo

adding Ozil with a virus, that brings the total to 9 if he doesnt play. No squad is as unlucky as ours, take 9 members out of any squad, even Chelseas and they would struggle. TV5 couldnt be fully match fit either, just going to have try scrape a win, then get Per, a fully fit Ozil and TV5, Rosicky back for midweek.

Should still be doable in fairness, Sunderland look pretty bad.

• Advertisement

Should still be doable in fairness, Sunderland look pretty bad.

Worst team in the league by far.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Injury List to our squad:
    Per
    Ox
    Poldi
    Rosicky
    Diaby
    Arteta
    Bendtner ( not match fit)
    Sanogo

adding Ozil with a virus, that brings the total to 9 if he doesnt play. No squad is as unlucky as ours, take 9 members out of any squad, even Chelseas and they would struggle. TV5 couldnt be fully match fit either, just going to have try scrape a win, then get Per, a fully fit Ozil and TV5, Rosicky back for midweek.

Does anyone have likely return dates for the above? I imagine Per will be ok for Marseille and Arteta can't be too far behind. Ox is October I think. Poldi not back 'till December.

No idea of Rosicky's return date and I've completely given up on Diaby. Couldn't care less about Bendtner

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Wouldn't think Ozil will start. Missing his first day of training because he's out sick, he must be fair sick, its like starting a new job and phoning in sick on your first day! Hope he's ok for tomorrow I really want to see him play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Would reckon whatever flu Mert has Ozil has as well. Say they would be hanging out a lot together intil Ozil gets a run of the place.

Completely forgot about Flamini. Him instead of Monreal makes more sense alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Would imagine he will be on the bench.

I can see him on the bench. 20 minutes max. Then full debut in CL

dvemail wrote: »
    Would reckon whatever flu Mert has Ozil has as well. Say they would be hanging out a lot together intil Ozil gets a run of the place.

They may have picked something up in the Faroes.

Mikel Arteta has just said on talkSPORT he expects to be back in training in 1-2 weeks
    Lovely, cant wait to see the double pivot of him and Rambo again, jack to the bench to rest up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Just made my fantasy transfers and hope the trend continues.

Week 1: 3 Arsenal players, Arsenal lose.
    Week 2: 3 Fulham players, Fulham lose.
    Week 3: 3 spurs players, spurs lose.
    Week 4: 3 Sunderland players.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

keep picking spurs players! Did you really pick 3 spurs players for the derby? Tut Tut Tut

TheBza wrote: »
    keep picking spurs players! Did you really pick 3 spurs players for the derby? Tut Tut Tut

Worked didn't it :pac:

Still have two spurs players. Kinda had to get rid of Bale.

Seem to have cursed van Persie too. He hasn't been up to much since I made him captain.

Mingolet is my only success. Unfortunatly.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Worked didn't it :pac:

Still have two spurs players. Kinda had to get rid of Bale.

Seem to have cursed van Persie too. He hasn't been up to much since I made him captain.

Mingolet is my only success. Unfortunatly.

Ive had Giroud as my captain since day one, and im topping the league im doing with the lads! I can never pick the traitors or spurs players.

TheBza wrote: »
    Ive had Giroud as my captain since day one, and im topping the league im doing with the lads! I can never pick the traitors or spurs players.

I decided to try this way because the last time I did it, any players I picked got injured or went on a crap run of form. With the exception of Mingolet, it seems to be the same again this time around.

Yea man it can be a pain, but its till early days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Proud to say I've three Arsenal players and Rambo as captain since day one :D

271681.png

goal reporting cazorla is out today

Looks the most likely team today
    proxy.jpg?t=HBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2RkZXh2ci5qcGcUwAcUnAkAFgASAA&s=cWxDN_Vdvl0JWbkN45m5eRyqgIQ9JkSWLQKNmSteaUw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

So half the team are sick and struggling

Lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

A few people tipping Gibbs for left wing. Isn't Monreal much more likely than Gibbs to play there??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement