Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

iMuse wrote: »
    Flamini has been great in his first two matches, Constantly barking instructions to his team mates is exactly the type of player we need in that position.

Agreed, he's a leader.

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Pretty sure they are now :pac:

In terms of ability smartarse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

In terms of ability smartarse :)

Haha, for sure.

Hearing a lot about how Ozil's assists stats are being read too much into because he had Ronaldo in front of him.

Well, today I think he had between 3 and 5 key passes. That's the stat that counts. Could have had a lot of assists today but Walcott couldn't find the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Wenger in 2012: "Once Ramsey starts scoring, he won't stop"

Haha, for sure.

Hearing a lot about how Ozil's assists stats are being read too much into because he had Ronaldo in front of him.

Well, today I think he had between 3 and 5 key passes. That's the stat that counts. Could have had a lot of assists today but Walcott couldn't find the net

Exactly.

To be fair Ronaldo's finishing did bump up Ozils stats but Ozils assists also bumped up Ronaldo's goals so could we be reading too much in Ronaldo as a prolific goalscorer? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Haha, for sure.

Well, today I think he had between 3 and 5 key passes. That's the stat that counts. Could have had a lot of assists today but Walcott couldn't find the net.

Watching those Özil videos on YouTube, there were plenty of times Ronaldo & especially Benzema missed sitters from Özil passes.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Wenger in 2012: "Once Ramsey starts scoring, he won't stop"

We haven't heard from that North Korean leader in a long time. Since Ramsey has been flying it, Kim Jong has been very very quiet

Could we be staying top tonight? :o

TOP OF THE LEAGUE AND WE'RE HAVING A LAUGH

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Ye are cursed!

Surely the medical/fitness team could do with being evaluated, its beyond bad luck the amount of injuries ye get

I would think just as the lads are about to depart home when the international break finishes, Moe Syzlak must jump out of nowhere with a crowbar and attack them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

The injuries weren't bad really last year in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Read something last year that Arsene trains the players very hard. With the result that our players are very fit, hence all the late goals last season. But the downside is that players seem to get injured a lot in training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Reading Wenger saying he is worried about girouds knee.

Only himself to blame if its bender starting next game, he had the whole summer to get a striker, but he did get ozil so can't be too angry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Reading Wenger saying he is worried about girouds knee.

Only himself to blame if its bender starting next game, he had the whole summer to get a striker, but he did get ozil so can't be too angry!

Walcott will probably play up front which on today's performance doesn't bode well for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

iMuse wrote: »
    Walcott will probably play up front which on today's performance doesn't bode well for us.

Nah. Then we've just no winger instead of no striker.

Is Sanogo fit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ozil up top

Sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

gosplan wrote: »

Is Sanogo fit?

He might play Gibbs on the wing instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

dvemail wrote: »
    Read something last year that Arsene trains the players very hard. With the result that our players are very fit, hence all the late goals last season. But the downside is that players seem to get injured a lot in training.

Barcelona were shocked by Fabregas' fitness regime.

gosplan wrote: »

Is Sanogo fit?

yaya s has got back knack.

I think Theo on another day could have (and should have) had two or three today. He'll get plenty this season i'm sure...(almost sure...)

JPA wrote: »

I've heard whispers of this but haven't found anything to back it up, i'd love to read more on it if you have any links

• Advertisement

Barcelona are a lot of things.

Top of the league for at least the next 2 nights :D

Top of the league for at least the next 2 nights :D

and only liverpool and everton remain unbeaten - I think our Invincibles record is safe for another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

3 points , Ozil gets his 1st assist, Giroud scores outside london for the 1st time, Ref rides the opposition instead of us for once, we pissed off Di Canio, Chelsea lose, Man City draw at Rugby FC overall a pretty productive day for us ....oh and Top of the League :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Walcott will get close to 20 this year. He just had an off day and Westwood had a good game

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Walcott will get close to 20 this year. He just had an off day and Westwood had a good game

League or total? :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Domestic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I agree. Walcott's finishing is usually much better than it was today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Do you have anything to back that up? I always thought that was just Graham Hunter bs. Anyway we had very few injuries last season. The start to this season has been shocking though. Is it anything other than just bad luck ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Fingers and toes crossed that Giroud isn't injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

the game is on now again on football first on sky for anyone like me who didn't see it, hope this feed i'm watching stays on it

seen the goals on 101greatgoals. three good goals, kos rash with the tackle for the pen again though
    since xmas ramsey has turned around 720 :pac: great to see.
    at one stage last year i called for him to be gone - in my defence he was pants at that point

sounds like it should've been over by HT bar walcotts finishing/their keeper

greendom wrote: »
    Do you have anything to back that up? I always thought that was just Graham Hunter bs. Anyway we had very few injuries last season. The start to this season has been shocking though. Is it anything other than just bad luck ?

barca/their doctor came out & said it after he moved there

batistuta9 wrote: »
    barca/their doctor came out & said it after he moved there

I don't mean to sound rude but as someone reading through this thread, it's hard to read this post and take it as fact without concrete evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Olivier Giroud ‏@_OlivierGiroud_ 25s
    My knee is ok don't worry! Thanks for your support! 😉
    phew!!!!!!!!!!

They did say it at the time. How much I'd believe it is another thing. There has to be something wrong somewhere at the club though for the injuries we get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

phew!!!!!!!!!!

And breath!

I don't mean to sound rude but as someone reading through this thread, it's hard to read this post and take it as fact without concrete evidence.

i'm hardy making it up ffs

it was said & discussed in this tread at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

batistuta9 wrote: »
    i'm hardy making it up ffs

it was said & discussed in this tread at the time

I remember Graham Hunter talking about it at the time but nothing direct from the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ramsey is a shining example of sticking at it and working hard. Delighted for the lad.

Serious midfield options when everyone is fit in fairness. Flamini looking like a masterstroke too. Whether that was by chance of design though... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Is Ramsey the greatest player ever :):)

Hope Kos learns from all the recent brain farts he has been having. The one today, against Villa and that push on Soldado that could have been a penalty. All needless challenges that had he stayed on his feet a goal was unlikely.
    An improved Vermalean now could be just what he needs, to try show him he is not a guaranteed starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Feel like I may have been wrong about Arsenal seeing how well they're doing with the other 3 struggling to adapt to new managers, top 2 could be a real possibility if key men stay fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

dvemail wrote: »
    Hope Kos learns from all the recent brain farts he has been having. The one today, against Villa and that push on Soldado that could have been a penalty. All needless challenges that had he stayed on his feet a goal was unlikely.
    An improved Vermalean now could be just what he needs, to try show him he is not a guaranteed starter.

Yes the defence in general has to start functioning as a unit. Players like Kos need to focus. We have already conceded 5 goals in our four games and you have to go down the table to 16th to find a team who has conceded more.

Time for the defence to get their act together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

phew!!!!!!!!!!

That deserves 100 thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Yes the defence in general has to start functioning as a unit. Players like Kos need to focus. We have already conceded 5 goals in our four games and you have to go down the table to 16th to find a team who has conceded more.

Five other teams as high as eight have conceded the same amount. Three of them also came in the one game. So another way of looking at it is only two conceded in the last three.

On the other hand, only City have scored as many.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ramsey, Ozil and Giroud(as captain) in my FF team.

Good times. :P

With a solid defence we can win things this season. With a fit Giroud we will challenge.
    Last season was the first time in a long time where i actually felt we could keep a clean sheet and it's a nice feeling to have. But despite our poorish start in terms of conceding goals so far, 3 of them have been penalties. So as a defensive unit we probably are still tough to break down, but it's the individual errors than still haunt us form time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Id say Spurs are sick of us, were the only team ahead of them in the table :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Think mert was badly missed today and the sooner vermahlen is fully fit the better. Kos needs some competition.

greendom wrote: »
    I remember Graham Hunter talking about it at the time but nothing direct from the club.

it was ran in newspapers with quotes from their doctor/whoever
    i don't remember hunter having anything to do with it

even arshavin criticised the medical staff while at the club

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement