Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just got told I'll be going over to the Everton game in December as a 30th birthday present from the other half :D. Be my first time in the Emirates.

Everton last season was my firs toot, hope you don't end up with a scoreless draw like I did :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I love Ramsey

That is all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Quite happy that we didn't go for Michu tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

All the yellow cards, I missed all the fun.

Pity we didnt go for that young Shelvey lad, if we were in for him.
    Top top quality :D
    He must be a plant from Liverpool.
    He couldnt be this rubbish.

AdamD wrote: »
    Quite happy that we didn't go for Michu tbh

Yeah but what about shelvey

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I don't see why we can't enjoy things the way they're going while simultaneously remaining objective. Button's post was fair enough and yet he got abused by 2 posters (and by those who thanked them, by extension, as far as I'm concerned).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Yeah but what about shelvey

he's no ricky lambert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Aaron Ramsey is 22 lads.

Anyone who is either writing him off or declaring him among the greats of the game at that age is talking out their hole.

Most likely it's the same people that were sending him hate comments on twitter are now arguing that he's in fact 'world class'.

He had a pretty good end to last season, and a very good last month. He looked good for such a young player before the leg break. He didn't look so great after but was also stuck on the wing. Now he seems to be in a patch of great form, in fact his best ever. Let's all hope it continues.

I mean what the fcuk is wrong with just leaving it at that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Well said gosplan. There is an awful lot of people talking crap here lately.

EDIT: By that I mean it seems to be the same two or three people all the time. Negative opinions no matter WHAT we are doing, always nit-picking and it ****s me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

gosplan wrote: »
    Aaron Ramsey is 22 lads.

Anyone who is either writing him off or declaring him among the greats of the game at that age is talking out their hole.

Most likely it's the same people that were sending him hate comments on twitter are now arguing that he's in fact 'world class'.

He had a pretty good end to last season, and a very good last month. He looked good for such a young player before the leg break. He didn't look so great after but was also stuck on the wing. Now he seems to be in a patch of great form, in fact his best ever. Let's all hope it continues.

I mean what the fcuk is wrong with just leaving it at that?

Can't argue with the bolded piece but the rest of your post was pretty demeaning.

What would football be like if everyone was a stuck in the mud and refused to air their extra-ordinary beliefs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

FearDark wrote: »
    Well said gosplan. There is an awful lot of people talking crap here lately.

EDIT: By that I mean it seems to be the same two or three people all the time. Negative opinions no matter WHAT we are doing, always nit-picking and it ****s me off.

Its called having an opinion, you obviously can't
    handle other peoples opinions if its annoys you that much ,

I can handle other opinions. What I can't stand is your constant dogging the team no matter what, you and some others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

We're second, Giroud is banging them in, we signed Ozil and where arguing whether Ramsey's excellent form is temporary or permanent

Times are good!

I can handle other opinions. What I can't stand is your constant dogging the team no matter what, you and some others.

Nah don't think so, its Ramsey I had a go at and have held my hands up and said looks like I was wrong.

That's mutually exclusive.

You're effectively calling Jacksparrow's expression of opinions "Constant dogging".

I have no problem with fans who still see problems with the club and aren't getting carried away.
    I don't like seeing Arsenal fans criticising and insulting other Arsenal fans though.

• Advertisement

Heh heh, you're constantly dogging.

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Can't argue with the bolded piece but the rest of your post was pretty demeaning.

What would football be like if everyone was a stuck in the mud and refused to air their extra-ordinary beliefs.

I don't really care if people air their insane beliefs. A few of them might even be correct. The problem is when it creates two pages of abuse and yellow cards on this thread.

This isn't a pop at you and sorry if it comes across as condescending or anything. Just trying to draw a line under it.

Heh heh, you're constantly dogging.

Tried it once, wasn't my cup of tea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Noo

So...only 4 games in and we have our top 6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Its amazing isnt it.
    In no particular order yet, hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

This was linked on Gunners a reddit today, can't stop laughing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Everton last season was my firs toot, hope you don't end up with a scoreless draw like I did :D

I hope not too : pac few goals in our favour would be nice but either way I'm sure I'll enjoy it, she booked the stadium tour, match tickets and said something about half time drinks sorted and paid for so as long we don't loose it should be good : ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Apart from that awful Villa game, We've had a great start to the season. Giroud has silenced his critics so far (me as one :pac:), Ramsey has been brilliant. So all's good at the moment.

I don't really care if people air their insane beliefs. A few of them might even be correct. The problem is when it creates two pages of abuse and yellow cards on this thread.

This isn't a pop at you and sorry if it comes across as condescending or anything. Just trying to draw a line under it.

Ha, as a insane Wenger lover and blind to any of Arsenal's previous booing, I didn't think you were talking to me ha!

Even got Ramsey on the FF team :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I hope not too : pac few goals in our favour would be nice but either way I'm sure I'll enjoy it, she booked the stadium tour, match tickets and said something about half time drinks sorted and paid for so as long we don't loose it should be good : ).
    I might be hitting the everton game myself. Due to head over late november december and thats looking like a good bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Ha, as a insane Wenger lover and blind to any of Arsenal's previous booing, I didn't think you were talking to me ha!

Even got Ramsey on the FF team :rolleyes:

I would love to see Wengers FF team :D

Listening to the Football Weekly podcast there and Michael Cox (Zonal Marking dude) reckons that Ramsey is a better player than Wilshere overall. Not sure I'd go that far (though he's certainly a better player at the moment), but I did enjoy looking over these... six weeks ago or so:
    "Nobody in the top 4 or the teams chasing it like Spurs, Everton, Liverpool would come anywhere near Ramsey if he was available but they would be all over Wilshere like a fly on sh*t."

"If Ramsey is the answer, then god help us all"

"Ramsey is a poor mans Flamini, he is honestly the most over rated player amongst our fans!"

To Ramsey being better than Wilshere at the moment and likely to start the season in our first XI:
    "HOLY JAYSUS :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:"

"Don't get me wrong Ramsey is a decent enough squad player in the same mould Stephen Hughes, Grimandi, Flamini etc (Edu would be much better then all of them) but not a chance is he even in the same league as Wilshere!!"
    Good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Listening to the Football Weekly podcast there and Michael Cox (Zonal Marking dude) reckons that Ramsey is a better player than Wilshere overall. Not sure I'd go that far (though he's certainly a better player at the moment), but I did enjoy looking over these... six weeks ago or so:

Good times.

ramsey was supposed to be better/thought of as the better player when they were younger/before ramseys' injury

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

So Vermaelen’s back in contention,
    I know he was directly at fault for some critical goals scored against us last season through individual errors etc but I’m delighted to see him back and I really hope he can regain his form from a couple of seasons back as I think he has a real affinity for the club and he’s impressed me with his attitude since he was (rightly) dropped.

We need all the players we can get at the moment. I like Vermaelen's attitude and if he gets an extended run of games as Mertesacker's partner I reckon he'll come good. Not so sure about pairing him with Kos though; they're both pretty instinctive defenders. Maybe in time, with a bit more experience, they'll work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I remember Cesc saying when he left that "in Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere, Arsenal have two of the best young midfielders in Europe, they'll be fine without me."

At the time I thought he was just trying to make us feel better, but if things keep going for Aaron the way they have been and Jack hits his fabled 100% fitness we might all see he was telling the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I remember Cesc saying when he left that "in Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere, Arsenal have two of the best young midfielders in Europe, they'll be fine without me."

At the time I thought he was just trying to make us feel better, but if things keep going for Aaron the way they have been and Jack hits his fabled 100% fitness we might all see he was telling the truth.

and if it doesn't work out for them fúck it, there's always Özil :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

batistuta9 wrote: »
    and if it doesn't work out for them fúck it, there's always Özil :D

And cazola :D

How much do you miss this guy, eh?

1255158_481679988597137_1323373639_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Just got told I'll be going over to the Everton game in December as a 30th birthday present from the other half :D. Be my first time in the Emirates.

My first game was Wigan in the league when Eboue got booed! Have made up for it since then with some cracking games although my last competitive game was last season when we lost to Swansea. Heading over in a few weeks for Norwich and Dortmund. Was at the Emirates the last time we played Dortmund in the CL and their fans were excellent and it was a cracking game - Song created a lovely goal for van Persie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Eboue ready for Bale tonight! :D

1235188_538863116186128_454644936_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Ozil doing his initiation - not sure what song he did

BUYti90IUAI_CcS.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Apparently we've signed Romeo Beckham on a youth contract

http://twentyfour7football.com/beckham-signs-for-arsenal-16134

Someone at the club is seen dollar signs!

• Advertisement

Man, glad we signed Koscielny instead of Spahic...

I'm happy verm is back too

I love kos really love him he is a beast

But if he keeps fcuking up and making stupid mistakes a little spell on the bench is needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

A while ago now. He supports Arsenal and is usually at the games. If he is half as good as his old man, he could be a big player.

Semi Ajeyi confirmed on twitter that he signed for us today following in Jenks footsteps.
    @S_Ajayi5

Delighted to announce that I have officially signed for @Arsenal FC. Can't wait to see what the next two seasons here have in store for me

Bendyboots syndrome is catching on I see. It has even reached the North East. Average players beginning to get delusions of grandeur as demonstrated in this case (albeit to a lesser extent then the original)

http://twentyfour7football.com/ben-arfa-i-will-be-the-best-player-in-the-world-16521

Bendyboots syndrome is catching on I see. It has even reached the North East. Average players beginning to get delusions of grandeur as demonstrated in this case (albeit to a lesser extent then the original)

http://twentyfour7football.com/ben-arfa-i-will-be-the-best-player-in-the-world-16521

If that's true I'm delighted we didn't get him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

messi_zps1d7ae31b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Big game tonight for our CL hopes. Shame we cant rotate a bit more due to injuries and I expect the same team as the weekend.

Could be an ideal game for Walcott to shake off the last game and get back on the scoresheet. If he keeps getting into the positions he is its only a matter of time

Massive game tonight. It's actually close to a must win giving the other fixtures.

And it's a worrying state of affairs where we feel the need to get 3 points at Marseille.

None-the-less, I remember the horrible match we played there 2 seasons ago where Ramsey scored a last minute winner to win 1-0. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRfoK57NUpo

Nothing wrong with a little arrogance provided he's going to work his ass off to back it up.

I think Bendtner's problem was that he figured he just needed to stand around for a few years and would naturally become the best player in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

This is brilliant from BVB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement