Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wasn't around in the early days but since I've joined a regular top 4 finisher (until this summer's transfer madness). It is a judge of quantity though, not quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Which one of you was RVP11? I've always thought it was bad2dbone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Soups123 wrote: »

Isn't he bambam Micky now??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I've been a slow and steady riser a number of years building up and up till I finally got my title last year until Looper came in and done a PSG on me this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Frequently mid table, few relegations, but flirted with the champions league spots for a season, I guess I'm Newcastle.

Jaysus if someone else called you that you would be reporting them and looking for a ban :D

• Advertisement

Nah as Johny said he's now Bambammickey, just as I was previously luvbulmers01.
    keano_afc wrote: »
    Whatever happened to OPENROAD?

OPENROAD is still around just rarely posts, don't think he re regged he's still posts the odd time like last week in the off topic thread.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I've been a slow and steady riser a number of years building up and up till I finally got my title last year until Looper came in and done a PSG on me this year.
    haha, damn nouveau riche!

Nah as Johny said he's now Bambammickey, just as I was previously luvbulmers01.

I remember reading posts by luvbulmers!! Why the name change? I've been thinking about a name change for ages. My real name isn't Johnny and I ain't into the occult!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Also I haven't made a single list, I must be conference

Peeps like us worry about quality, not quantity. ;)

God Damn.

So looking forward to the pre match music.

It's the little things with me :)

Predictions?

I say 3-1 us

• Advertisement

jonny666 wrote: »
    I remember reading posts by luvbulmers!! Why the name change? I've been thinking about a name change for ages. My real name isn't Johnny and I ain't into the occult!!

:pac: always wondered that, I just felt like a change that was it really.
    Quazzie wrote: »
    Peeps like us worry about quality, not quantity. ;)

Sound like a Spurs fan now looking at an empty trophy room :p.
    God Damn.

So looking forward to the pre match music.

It's the little things with me :)

Predictions?

I say 3-1 us

Who doesn't love that Champion League music :), I'm going to go for a 2-1 win but really do think this will be a tough game.

I'll probably get some flak for this but a win is an absolute necessity tonight. Not getting 6 points from Marseille would leave us with a massive task given the **** draw we got.

Any sign of a starting XI? SSN only showing Celtic and Chelsea's right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I see I have a couple of titles

That's what happens when ya have Internet in work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I'll probably get some flak for this but a win is an absolute necessity tonight. Not getting 6 points from Marseille would leave us with a massive task given the **** draw we got.

Mert in
    Jenks out

Same as weekend besides

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm feeling good about this, I think it will be a fairly straightforward win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

3 points tonight would be huge.

2-1 to Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

3-1 arse. Flamini to score.

Is anyone else only going to have one eye on the game while they're actually playing Gta 5 instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Is anyone else only going to have one eye on the game while they're actually playing Gta 5 instead?

That's pretty much my plan :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Our bench is ridiculous... and not in a good way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

3 -- 1 to the Gunners. Ozil first goal. An Arsenal superstar will be announced.

• Advertisement

Should get the win tonight. We are good enough to beat them

What should we be hoping for in the other game? A draw would prob be best. Need both of them to drop as many points as possible

Teams

LINE-UPS - Marseille v Arsenal (1945 BST)
    Marseille: Mandanda, Fanni, N'Koulou, Lucas Mendes, Morel, Romao, Imbula, Payet, Valbuena, Andre Ayew, Gignac.

Subs: Samba, Mendy, Cheyrou, Jordan Ayew, Lemina, Thauvin, Khelifa.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Flamini, Ramsey, Walcott, Wilshere, Ozil, Giroud.

Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Monreal, Jenkinson, Miyaichi, Akpom, Hayden.

Bench is pathetic!

efb wrote: »
    Any streams lads? Pm
    Me cheers

It's on Sky 4 as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Want win but draw wouldn't be bad.

3 home wins and three away draws!!!

I know we have a lot of injuries but 3 non first teamers on the bench shows a lack of depth. We need players back soon.
    Any word on injuries?

jonny666 wrote: »
    Teams

LINE-UPS - Marseille v Arsenal (1945 BST)
    Marseille: Mandanda, Fanni, N'Koulou, Lucas Mendes, Morel, Romao, Imbula, Payet, Valbuena, Andre Ayew, Gignac.

Subs: Samba, Mendy, Cheyrou, Jordan Ayew, Lemina, Thauvin, Khelifa.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Flamini, Ramsey, Walcott, Wilshere, Ozil, Giroud.

Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Monreal, Jenkinson, Miyaichi, Akpom, Hayden.

Bench is pathetic!

Bench is a tad bit weak alright putting it kindly especially our attacking options should we need to change it up a bit, but hopefully should we need them Akpom or Miyaichi see it as there chance to impress and seize it.

Bench is a tad bit weak alright putting it kindly especially our attacking options should we need to change it up a bit, but hopefully should we need them Akpom or Miyaichi see it as there chance to impress and seize it.

Akpom had a good preseason. Scored a few goals

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A win tonight and it's a club record 10 away victories in a row apparently?

Mickeroo wrote: »

Yeh seen that earlier didn't want to say anything in case I jinxed it so now if we loose I'm personally holding you responsible :pac:

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I think we will HAMMER Marseilles tonight... Call me crazy. I was right with my 3-1 prediction before Saturdays game so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭G1032

Mickeroo wrote: »

The win at the weekend for the 9th successive away win was a club record also........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I see I have a couple of titles

That's what happens when ya have Internet in work :)

I've internet in work but I'm way down the list. Are you in the civil service?

Take that critics.

FearDark wrote: »
    Take that critics.

It's Marseille.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

10 away wins in a row.

Positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

It's Marseille.

At home it's a great result

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Job done. Professional performance. Can't ask for more.

Could've been a banana skin and marseille won't be a walkover for anyone in the group.

Delighted

Good away win. Some record we have now!

We weren't great tonight but we are still picking up the wins despite our injury list and the players being nackered cause of it. Özil didn't look too fit out there I thought. Ramsey had another good game.

Stoke next

Marseille are the minnows in the group, anything other than 6 points from them would've left us with several vital matches against much better opposition.

• Advertisement

Marseille are the minnows in the group, anything other than 6 points from them would've left us with several vital matches against much better opposition.

Indeed. Job done. 10 away wins on the bounce. New record.

Cheer up

:rolleyes:

10 away wins in a row. Good work lads!

:rolleyes:
    Care to verbalise what you disagree with or just be glib?

It's Marseille.

****ing sick of your negativity.

Was a must win game for marseille too, and they did their homework on us and worked hard. We played badly and still get the vital win.

Good stuff.

Confident we will be better on Sunday

FearDark wrote: »
    ****ing sick of your negativity.

Is it not Marseille? Are they not favorites to be bottom of the group? Are not last year's winners in our group? Are not a Napoli side with one of the top 5 managers in the world and who did excellent business over the summer in the group?

I'm satisfied with the result, anything less than a win would've left us in a very sticky position very early in the competition which I wouldn't be happy with, maybe some people would've been happy with a draw, I wouldn't.

So again, satisfied with the result, disappointed and still worried about how we played. If you disagree then go ahead and say why rather than this bull****, "feel-good", no "negativity" bull****.

I'm being glib as your posts are the worst, most negative posts I read on this thread. When you get off your soapbox that we're awful or useless or just doing what's expected of us, I'll give you more of a detailed response.

Your posts in general are a shocking display of what a supporter should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

3 points on the board. Nothing else matters. Take your negativity and jog on please.

Just because they are the weakest team in the group doesn't mean we should get 6 points from them. I bet you Napoli or Dortmund won't get 6 against them.

Welcome to the Champions League my friend, what do they say about the group stage, Win your home games and you have a strong chance of qualifying... well there's an away win for you and you suck the joy out of even that.

I'm being glib as your posts are the worst, most negative posts I read on this thread. When you get off your soapbox that we're awful or useless or just doing what's expected of us, I'll give you more of a detailed response.
    Same old **** about nothing. Go ahead and tell me what parts of the post you rolled your eyes at you disagreed with and what was so objectionable about it.
    Your posts in general are a shocking display of what a supporter should be.
    You're a very delicate person if what I post is "shocking".
    Quazzie wrote: »
    3 points on the board. Nothing else matters. Take your negativity and jog on please.
    Using your logic all we should do is post a result and say if we're happy or unhappy. You must be really annoyed when people talk about injuries, sure those things don't matter.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement