Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Godge wrote: »
    Problem for Spurs is that they have bought mediocre talent to replace him. Paulinho failed in Europe before. Soldado is a rich man's Ricky Lambert. Capoue now has a dodgy ankle. The rest are unknown or unproven.

Great thing for Arsenal is that we have got a world-class top-10 player for half the cost of Bale.

Do you consider seria a (Lamela) or la liga(Soldado) unknown leagues?

Pauinho gave an interview recently saying he hated his first spell in eastern europe where he was badly racially abuse by fans in poland & lithuania as a young homesick teen he decided enough was enough & came home where he improved season upon season .has 18 caps for brasil & shone in the confeds cup keeping xavi in his pocket in the final..

well we now have 7 new signings with a lot of potential..
    Capoue sprained his ankle & will be out for a mth .he looked like a sandro mk2 in his other 4 games for us. made more interceptions on his own than a few teams combined iirc on his debut .

he will come good again..sandro will be back 100% in 2 weeks same with Kaboul & lennon too.

Very early days for the noobs at WHL..could take til next year for the team to properly gel..its a long term project for AVB & levy we aint trying to "do a chelski" & buy the title ffs...just having a much needed clearout of mostly deadwood & bale.. & an influx of next gen players for our future:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

No Bendtner is a negative influence and should be nowhere near our squad at all

Agreed I think regardless if he goes or not he won't be near the first team. Sure he couldn't even make the bench at the weekend.

His Arsenal playing days whether he is here or not are well and truly numbered a long time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

FearDark wrote: »
    We still need a striker though as I feel Girould isn't good enough still.

Three league goals in three league games. Four in five in all competitions. What do you want him to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Quazzie wrote: »
    Three league goals in three league games. Four in five in all competitions. What do you want him to be?

With what's going to be behind him he can only keep that rate up. Very high hopes for Giroud this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

This is the Arsenal thread isn't it? Because there is too much discussion about the 100 million flops in this thread at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Giroud is perfect up top for us , The worry for me and for the rest of us is if he picks up a long term knock we're ****ed and no Sanogo won't cut it at all he looks like Bambi on ice the few times we've seen him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Any chance we could still get Michu ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Major news from Arsenal on SSN after the break.... is this finally coming??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Giroud is perfect up top for us , The worry for me and for the rest of us is if he picks up a long term knock we're ****ed and no Sanogo won't cut it at all he looks like Bambi on ice the few times we've seen him

That's why top teams have top strikers fighting for that top position and we should be the same. Get a top striker in.

danlen wrote: »
    Major news from Arsenal on SSN after the break.... is this finally coming??

Ozil off to Chelsea :pac: I can sense it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

To be fair to Sanogo, he looked more nervous than anything else. On the ball he just wasn't sure where people would be at times, but off the ball he made a great effort to link up with others and be in a position to receive. He looks actually quite mature for his age. I think with more confidence and game time he could be a great impact player for us next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

John cross reporting ozil and keeper is us done Wenger had months to get a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Actually just think its that we've ended interest in Ba.

Another striker coming in? Can't see it unfortunately

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Quazzie wrote: »

I wan't him to be able to fly.

No seriously he has started this season in great form but if he gets injured we are ****ed. I just don't think he is good enough to lead the line for a team that wants to win the premier league.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i'm confident (or hopeful) sanogo will work out.
    we really could do with backup/competition for Olly G.

dont think it'll happen now.

gandalf wrote: »
    This is the Arsenal thread isn't it? Because there is too much discussion about the 100 million flops in this thread at the moment!

Ha man spurs spent 100m to win trophys , not to gain 1 precious point on ye from last season.early days though AVBs own team will come good...

Id much rather have spurs squad quality & strenght in depth ,than yours btw...

davycc wrote: »
    Ha man spurs spent 100m to win trophys , not to gain 1 precious point on ye from last season.early days though AVBs own team will come good...

Arsene-wenger.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

1-0.

BYE.

Before you say you want to discuss blah blah, its not happening. You've come in here hostile, there's no coming back from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Aha ha ha ha ho ho ho he he he

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jeremy Wilson from the Telegraph: "Nicklas Bendtner will stay at Arsenal. Suggests Wenger does see him as an option now he can't get another striker"

• Advertisement

danlen wrote: »
    Actually just think its that we've ended interest in Ba.

Another striker coming in? Can't see it unfortunately

Bad business if we didn't have another striker to trail.

40 million for Kandira from Man utd.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Do you consider seria a (Lamela) or la liga(Soldado) unknown leagues?

I said some of the players were unknown or unproven, not the leagues, read it again.

I said Soldado was a rich man's Ricky Lambert. In the same way that Ricky Lambert or Jermaine Defoe have picked up a few caps for England, and have had one good season, so has Soldado picked up a few caps for Spain and had one good season.

Lamela, one good season, only 21, not a regular international. He might come good, perhaps, perhaps not, but it could take six months.

Eriksen, from Ajax and Denmark, unproven as well, a small European club and a small European country.

Pauinho gave an interview recently saying he hated his first spell in eastern europe where he was badly racially abuse by fans in poland & lithuania as a young homesick teen he decided enough was enough & came home where he improved season upon season .has 18 caps for brasil & shone in the confeds cup keeping xavi in his pocket in the final..

He failed the last time in Europe, he has his reasons or excuses, depending on your point of view, doesn't that interview just copperfasten my view that he is unproven as he didn't do it on his first trip?
    well we now have 7 new signings with a lot of potential..
    Capoue sprained his ankle & will be out for a mth .he looked like a sandro mk2 in his other 4 games for us. made more interceptions on his own than a few teams combined iirc on his debut .

he will come good again..sandro will be back 100% in 2 weeks same with Kaboul & lennon too.

Potential as signings, yes we know them. Bendtner, Vela, Gervinho, we have been there.

Sandro is OK, not great. Capoue has done his ankle ligaments, so did Wilshere and he was out for over a year, despite the initial diagnosis.

Very early days for the noobs at WHL..could take til next year for the team to properly gel..its a long term project for AVB & levy we aint trying to "do a chelski" & buy the title ffs...just having a much needed clearout of mostly deadwood & bale.. & an influx of next gen players for our future:)

As I said earlier, we used to buy potential too. Now we are buying the likes of Podolski, Giroud, Cazorla, Monreal, Ozil, top quality internationals from top quality clubs.

Relax, you have bought better than Liverpool so fifth is still in your hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I love how about a week ago you came in here all friendly ( but cocky) but since the defeat the weekend and now it looking like Ozil is coming to Arsenal your posts are just oozing with bitterness it's fcuking great :D:pac::pac:.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Ozil is an Arsenal player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

When I read this I think of Jeremy Clarkson making an L sign in his forehead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

BTLNiZyCQAA2dOV.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Someone's waving a spud around behind the SSN reporter outside the Emirates :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Can we stop taking abut spuds please? Kthnxbai

Come on Wenger just Ozil and a loan GK.
    We need another ****ing striker :(

• Advertisement

give over son, you're embarrassing yourself again.

like saying Spurs missed Eriksen yesterday. brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Very poor that we can't get a striker - very, very poor. Giroud gets injured and we're screwed.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Jeremy Wilson from the Telegraph: "Nicklas Bendtner will stay at Arsenal. Suggests Wenger does see him as an option now he can't get another striker"

Have to say the business today hasn't been great Yes Ozil but we seriously need a Striker of top class quality (I like Giroud but we need another opition). I'm more disappointed then happy right now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Ozil considering deal still according to sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Very poor that we can't get a striker - very, very poor. Giroud gets injured and we're screwed.

Podolski and Walcott to cover, but not good enough really.

Still two hours..... Let's hold out hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Ya very true, like wha they doing with the other 30mill we hav in the bank:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

god bless us and save us.

Ozil considering deal still according to sky.

Sky want viewers. Hence the sh*te talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Looper007 wrote: »
    Have to say the business today hasn't been great Yes Ozil but we seriously need a Striker of top class quality (I like Giroud but we need another opition). I'm more disappointed then happy right now :(

I imagine that we went for Ozil because there wasn't a striker of top class quality available any more.

Podski as backup isn't far off Ba tbh.

wSlsAQu.jpg

• Advertisement

Sick of refreshing this...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Godge wrote: »
    I said some of the players were unknown or unproven, not the leagues, read it again.

I said Soldado was a rich man's Ricky Lambert. In the same way that Ricky Lambert or Jermaine Defoe have picked up a few caps for England, and have had one good season, so has Soldado picked up a few caps for Spain and had one good season.

Lamela, one good season, only 21, not a regular international. He might come good, perhaps, perhaps not, but it could take six months.

Eriksen, from Ajax and Denmark, unproven as well, a small European club and a small European country.

He failed the last time in Europe, he has his reasons or excuses, depending on your point of view, doesn't that interview just copperfasten my view that he is unproven as he didn't do it on his first trip?

Potential as signings, yes we know them. Bendtner, Vela, Gervinho, we have been there.

Sandro is OK, not great. Capoue has done his ankle ligaments, so did Wilshere and he was out for over a year, despite the initial diagnosis.

As I said earlier, we used to buy potential too. Now we are buying the likes of Podolski, Giroud, Cazorla, Monreal, Ozil, top quality internationals from top quality clubs.

Relax, you have bought better than Liverpool so fifth is still in your hands.

On what planet are Montpellier, Malaga and cologne top quality clubs?

greendom wrote: »
    Podolski and Walcott to cover, but not good enough really.

Pod lacks pace. Walcott lacks that clinical finish. I think it's bad business sadly buying a 42 million pound player is all nice and good but he has another areas to strengthen. He hasn't done it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

FearDark wrote: »
    Sick of refreshing this...

Who's Cushla?

Planet dreamers.

AKA White Hart Lane

They are still sour their 100m team got dismantled yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

just buy Ba like, just do it, this will cost us. No point in spending 42millon when losing out on another player will cost us in the end

gosplan wrote: »
    I imagine that we went for Ozil because there wasn't a striker of top class quality available any more.

Podski as backup isn't far off Ba tbh.

We need a striker with pace and who can make something out of nothing. We don't have that. Plus Pod is out for two months and we should be going all out and signing a top striker. No excuses.

dvemail wrote: »
    Who's Cushla?

lol

AdamD wrote: »
    WHY ARE YOU HERE?

1-0.

BYE.

Before you say you want to discuss blah blah, its not happening. You've come in here hostile, there's no coming back from it.

Hostile?thats not hostile stop throwing your toys out of the pram..
    I was never hostile its not the way I way I post..
    at worst i gave some childish answers in response to childish comments directed at me...it takes 2 to tango budday:D

montpellier had just won the french first division.
    Malaga, cl club, backed at the time by serious money.
    Cologne, smell great.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement