Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Quazzie wrote: »
    I might be missing a joke here but who is GSTEV?

My bad that V should be L, and yea greatest striker that ever lived, think Arseblog calls him that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I prefer to refer to him as bell end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I prefer Qui Gon myself.

I'm in agreement with the jedi nametag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    From that my team would be:

Viviano
    Jenks--Mert--TV--Nacho
    Flamini--Arteta----
    Eisfeld---Gnabry---Ryo
    GSTEL

Looks like Bendtner has changed his squad number to 23
    Is Frimpong injured?

Personally wouldnt start Mertesacker. Not worth the risk.

Think Fabianski will start too.

If we field a team of fringe players I won't be bothered if we lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Im looking forward to see some of the young players. Its a nice feeling knowing we are seeing these guys because the likes of gibbo, jack and rambo have proved that they are now regulars in a title topping side and knowing that this is where they got their first chance.

I think that squad should set a fairly good defense and we will see what some of the guys who really have a good shot to step up with the injuries can do (Ryo Gnabry etc)

Be delighted with a win but not too upset if we lose. We have bigger things on the horizon.

Roll on kick off - Even if it at 2,45 feckin am for me.

COYG

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'd say there's a decent chance we'll lose this. Not too bothered though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

To be honest even though we will be playing a youth reserve team I still really hopeful we win this to keep our run of god form going and build upon the confidence of some the young players like Gnabry and Ryo who looks like could be featuring a lot in the coming month.

Raging I'm going to miss it, always enjo watching these games anyone know if there will be a highlight show on anywhere I can record?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

To be honest even though we will be playing a youth reserve team I still really hopeful we win this to keep our run of god form going and build upon the confidence of some the young players like Gnabry and Ryo who looks like could be featuring a lot in the coming month.

Raging I'm going to miss it, always enjo watching these games anyone know if there will be a highlight show on anywhere I can record?

The League Cup Show is on at 12.05am on BBC1. Though the preview says highlights of Manc v Pool and Swindon v Chelsea so not sure how much coverage we'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

I'd say there's a decent chance we'll lose this. Not too bothered though.

I dont get this.

Its out best change of winning a trophy this year. We need a trophy, any trophy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

shano_88 wrote: »
    I dont get this.

Its out best change of winning a trophy this year. We need a trophy, any trophy!

It's the League Cup. It's one step above meaningless. I'd rather not risk our league performance for it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

We need a big trophy, I don't think the League Cup would really make much difference really. I'm sure it wasn't what Ozil had in mind when he signed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

shano_88 wrote: »
    I dont get this.

Is it worth winning if it negatively affects our league and CL campaigns though???

Don't let the media's "...without a trophy" stuff cloud our judgement on how important this thing is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

I can understand that with alot of injurys atm, some players need to be rested for tonights game. Im still expecting to win tonight and with more players back for the 4th round game, Id hope for a stronger line up then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Obviously hope we win but yeah the League Cup is an irrelevance to me, I know Wenger got ridiculed when he was been slated about the trophy drought and he compared Champion's League Qualification to a trophy, well I'd take it over the League Cup anyday of the week - Arsenal don't need any trophy we need one of the big ones and we are on the right track IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Contrary to some others here, I would actually be very disappointed if we lose tonight.

I agree with Arsene's philosophy of playing a strong defence with maybe young player and then an attacking force mixed with youth and experience.

And I think that with that, we could do very well tonight.

It would be lovely to stretch our away wins record to 11 and that's what I'm looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Contrary to some others here, I would actually be very disappointed if we lose tonight.

I agree with Arsene's philosophy of playing a strong defence with maybe young player and then an attacking force mixed with youth and experience.

And I think that with that, we could do very well tonight.

It would be lovely to stretch our away wins record to 11 and that's what I'm looking at.

The state of the first team at the moment (on the verge of, if not in the middle of, an injury crisis) means that we really have to protect what's left of it. If that means sacrificing the league cup, so be it.

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Great news for Paddy Power.

Provided he scores which he probably wont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

Don't worry lads! We'll win tonight! I'm very confident!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

greendom wrote: »
    The state of the first team at the moment (on the verge of, if not in the middle of, an injury crisis) means that we really have to protect what's left of it. If that means sacrificing the league cup, so be it.

Yup, we're light on good wingers, CB's and strikers.

Arsne knew that going into the season and I'm sure that at that point, he saw that not purchasing players would have meant playing a lot of youngsters in these games.

I'd love to keep the run going but don't want to see Flamini, Mert or Giroud (who's not even in the squad) line out.

They're essential first teamers and with the injury list we have, can't be risked.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    I'd love to keep the run going but don't want to see Flamini, Mert or Giroud (who's not even in the squad) line out.

They're essential first teamers and with the injury list we have, can't be risked.

I suspect he might play Mert and in a way I see the logic, Vermaelan needs game time, but he also needs that game time with one of the two CB's he's likely to partner when he is required in the first 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Can't remember if tonight goes to a replay if we draw? Because that's definitely one thing we'd want to avoid. I think we should go all out to win so we can maintain the good start and high spirits.

Can't remember if tonight goes to a replay if we draw? Because that's definitely one thing we'd want to avoid. I think we should go all out to win so we can maintain the good start and high spirits.

Extra-time.

Replays in the F.A. Cup only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    From that my team would be:

Viviano
    Jenks--Mert--TV--Nacho
    Flamini--Arteta----
    Eisfeld---Gnabry---Ryo
    GSTEL

Looks like Bendtner has changed his squad number to 23
    Is Frimpong injured?

I'd expect to win with this 11. We'd be very difficult to breakdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

GSTEL

who dafuk is that?

Greatest Striker That Ever Lived.

aka

Nicklas Bendy boots.

GSTEL

who dafuk is that?

Technically it should be SPGSTEL ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Technically it should be SPGSTEL ;)

Self Proclaimed ??

If he gets the goal-scoring touch back he might just start to be a valuable addition to the squad but I have my doubts at the moment.

Self Proclaimed ?

See you and me tayto we have always had this connection man :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Do ITV still do highlights of the league cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I just realised that I'm gonna miss 3 of the CL games, as they fall on concerts (2 of them) or holiday trips (the last one). . .:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Good news is that Walcott's surgery went well bad news is that he is expected to be back in time for the international break :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Do ITV still do highlights of the league cup?

They're actually on BBC 1 now I look, nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Raf32 wrote: »

Is kickoff at 7:45? The capital one cup website says 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

If anyone had a recipe that would be great, please PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Soups123 wrote: »
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

anyone got a link pleasE? pm me :)

+1

Here aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

The League Cup Show is on at 12.05am on BBC1. Though the preview says highlights of Manc v Pool and Swindon v Chelsea so not sure how much coverage we'll get.

that's BBC 1 NI, it's a hour later because of local programming crap

it's on at 11:05 on BBC 1 - 215 if you've sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

a link would be greatly appreciated if anyone feels generous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Weldone lads. When is the Chelsea game, don't want them beating us and knocking us out of our stride so a strong team has to be put out.

Greatest player in the world sent us on our way with his peno lads! We're in the hat for the next round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Horrific attacking performance but what else can you expect?

Hopefully some good experience for the youngsters and another day to look forward to vrs Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Chelsea next for League Cup

Will be interesting game. Mourinho has said he wants to win League Cup so will put out a good side. Will wenger play the 'B' team of the firsts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Hopefully by the time chelsea come around we will have a few bodies back and can field a bit more of an attacking threat

Arsenal reserves vs Chelsea (Mata, Luiz, Ba et all) in the next round.

Not sure if I'm too happy because of the team we got. The team with tonnes of midfielders to spare ha.

Nonetheless, a spirited performance from the young players.

Does that make it 11 away wins or does it not count?

Double post.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement