Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

just buy Ba like, just do it, this will cost us. No point in spending 42millon when losing out on another player will cost us in the end

Can't happen, Lukaku heading to Everton on loan now apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

davycc wrote: »
    Hostile?thats not hostile stop throwing your toys out of the pram..
    I was never hostile its not the way I way I post..
    at worst i gave some childish answers in response to childish comments directed at me...it takes 2 to tango budday:D

Hostile no.

Dilusional yes.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Pray to whoever it is you pray too that giroud stays injury free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads ye have ye're own private forum so what are ye even doing in the soccer forum you don't see all of us going up to social or hobbys or where ever ye're forum is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Looper007 wrote: »
    We need a striker with pace and who can make something out of nothing. We don't have that. Plus Pod is out for two months and we should be going all out and signing a top striker. No excuses.

We mighn't have a striker who can create something out of nothing but if we get Ozil we will have a player who can create something out of nothing and be a huge game changer ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Pod lacks pace. Walcott lacks that clinical finish. I think it's bad business sadly buying a 42 million pound player is all nice and good but he has another areas to strengthen. He hasn't done it.

Probable the best thing about him last season. He was very clinical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Come on lads, let's keep on minds on Arsenal here not Spuds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

We need a striker with pace and who can make something out of nothing. We don't have that. Plus Pod is out for two months and we should be going all out and signing a top striker. No excuses.

Who???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Out of interest how many people here post in the Spurs thread.

I don't. You know why.

Because I don't give a SH1T what ye are up to.

• Advertisement

We mighn't have a striker who can create something out of nothing but if we get Ozil we will have a player who can create something out of nothing and be a huge game changer ;).

Why are we making Excuses here guys :(

We need a top striker, Ozil ain't a striker. What if Giroud get's injured. Walcott isn't a centre forward. Ozil is a great buy but we need to strengthen up forward as well. Not a great Transfer deadline if we only get Ozil and a loan GK. Poor Stuff.

Blatantly robbed from bbc:

France football writer Matt Spiro: "With Arsenal's move for Demba Ba collapsing, will Arsene Wenger turn to the foreign league he knows best for a late deal?

"One striker he would surely be able to sign if he wanted to is Olivier Giroud's France colleague Bafetimbi Gomis.

"Lyon have spent much of the summer trying to sell Gomis, who has one year left on his contract and is refusing to sign an extension. Their talks with Newcastle fell through a month ago, however. The powerful attacker, 28, has never been prolific but consistently weighs in with 10-20 goals a season.

"Nice striker Dario Cvitanich could be another possibility. The Argentine poacher scored 19 goals in his first Ligue 1 season last year and has been seeking a move this summer. However, it is un likely Nice would sell at this stage.

"The alternative of course for Wenger would be to keep Nicklas Bendtner at the club."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

FearDark wrote: »

I don't. You know why.

i'm banned because i disagreed with one of them.

they even deleted my post. it's like i never existed.

it still hurts :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Lads ye have ye're own private forum so what are ye even doing in the soccer forum you don't see all of us going up to social or hobbys or where ever ye're forum is

It's a sub-forum of the ancient history forum where you will find them.

gosplan wrote: »
    Who???

What the hell are these scouts at Arsenal been paid for? That's their Job. No mine.

Why are we making Excuses here guys :(

We need a top striker, Ozil ain't a striker. What if Giroud get's injured. Walcott isn't a centre forward. Ozil is a great buy but we need to strengthen up forward as well. Not a great Transfer deadline if we only get Ozil and a loan GK. Poor Stuff.

I'm not making excuses if we get Ozil the player an amazing amount of assists a player who can turn a game we will have a game changer.

That's not an excuse that is world class talent that most clubs can only dream of. A player who would walk into City, United or Chelsea team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I don't. You know why.

well probably just:confused: casting couch whom was constantly on the wind up iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Let's take a step back here. Before the summer our biggest problem areas were DFM and FW - both of which will not be strengthened. We desperately need a winger now but that position will not be strenghthened. We wanted a new starting keeper like Begovic but we'll stick with Szczesny and barely see Viviano.

The one position we are overstocked in is the one we may smash our transfer record in. And the other three purchases cost a total of £0. Baffling and incoherent 'strategy'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

well probably just:confused: casting couch whom was constantly on the wind up iirc

he's a utd fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Has the Ozil deal been completed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

keeping giroud in cotton wool is not the only issue, need a faster more creative player as an option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

What the hell are these scouts at Arsenal been paid for? That's their Job. No mine.

What if the scouts say 'no one worth it available right now'?

Let's take a step back here. Before the summer our biggest problem areas were DFM and FW - both of which will not be strengthened. We desperately need a winger now but that position will not be strenghthened. We wanted a new starting keeper like Begovic but we'll stick with Szczesny and barely see Viviano.

The one position we are overstocked in is the one we may smash our transfer record in. And the other three purchases cost a total of £0. Baffling and incoherent 'strategy'.

We strengthened in Flamini at DFM, I have said all summer we don't need a keeper and still maintain that stance.

We have lacked creativity our defence was the second best in the league last season by bringing in Ozil he will create a lot of goals. A CF would be nice but Suarez went tits up and if we only want top quality who else is there right now?

Cazorla goes out wide and Ozil in the centre.

Flamini is a DM. It's not that bad.

Szcz have you watched him the last couple of games? He is getting there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

bad2dabone wrote: »
    he's a utd fan

really? i always thought he was a gunner..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Less than 2 hours left and we still haven't spent anything.
    Is there a problem/hitch with Ozil?

I'm not making excuses if we get Ozil the player an amazing amount of assists a player who can turn a game we will have a game changer.

That's not an excuse that is world class talent that most clubs can only dream of. A player who would walk into City, United or Chelsea team.

But we shouldn't stop there. He's great but too many our blinded that they think he's all we need. I'm not going to repeat myself but it's poor business if we don't get a top striker, that's what I feel we seriously needed. I like Grioud and he's proved me wrong but Arsenal should be aiming higher.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Cazorla goes out wide and Ozil in the centre.

Flamini is a DM. It's not that bad.

Szcz have you watched him the last couple of games? He is getting there.

Can you at least agree that we desperately need to pull off a striker signing in the next 2 hrs? Demba Ba was plan D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I'm not buying this 'overstocked' thing.

Mesut Ozil is different gravy. Dont care if they've 10 alternatives for his position, it's a cracking signing.

Flamini adds some steel too.

SuperShez has been in top form in goal so far. Fulfilling his potential?

Arsenal gonna be class to watch this season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Disappointed we didn't try for Suarez again.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think Flamini showed yesterday we've adequate cover in DM. Agree we should be going all out to grab a striker and winger in the next two hours though.

Kind of odd that we go all out for Suarez & Higuain only to not sign a striker at all.

• Advertisement

But we shouldn't stop there. He's great but too many our blinded that they think he's all we need. I'm not going to repeat myself but it's poor business if we don't get a top striker, that's what I feel we seriously needed. I like Grioud and he's proved me wrong but Arsenal should be aiming higher.

Who though that is available? We tried with Suarez and Liverpool wouldn't budge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

We signed Flamini. A DMF and a very good one at that. World beater? No. Very good? Yes. What's the problem?

What's this "we" talk? The vast majority are happy with Szczesny. GK was never a priority but one became available so we got one.

Ozil is better than what we have so why not upgrade an important area?

As for the final paragraph, Bale has just proved that price is not equal to quality. van Persie cost us £3m for example. Sanogo could turn out to be a great signing but apparently he is being written off because he didn't cost £50m.

No offence, but that post has a lot of complaining just to complain. Very little is warranted.

Disappointed we didn't try for Suarez again.

Honestly, if we made a bid John W Henry would've tried to embarrass us on Twitter. Probably for the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Yeah not sure what's taking so long, it sounds like everything is sorted and he just needs to sign.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

gosplan wrote: »
    What if the scouts say 'no one worth it available right now'?

Then they should be sacked from their jobs. Sorry their are great strikers out there it's all about looking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

LOL. Go get me some wind up posts. I am a Utd fan, so it makes little sense why I would wind up spurs fans yet not wind up anyone else. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Need a striker, if bendtner or Sanogo are the plan b then I don't want Giroud to ever leave the pitch this season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

No point having an Ozil if Giroud is not going to be backed up.

We really really need a striker. We've nothing if Giroud gets injured.

Can you at least agree that we desperately need to pull off a striker signing in the next 2 hrs? Demba Ba was plan D.

We need a striker I agree. Just fcuk all really available it feels at this stage which is a fault of not today but of the summer transfer policy.

• Advertisement

Who though that is available? We tried with Suarez and Liverpool wouldn't budge.

We were never going to get Suarez or any top striker but could we not go for that guy from Porto who's on his last year of his contract Martinez, he's banging in the goals. i'm shocked that we aint going all out for a striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Striking Options:

Giroud, Podolski, Walcott, Bendtner, Sanogo

I know they are not all out-and-out strikers or 20-goal a season merchants but it's not like there are no options either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

keano_afc wrote: »
    No point having an Ozil if Giroud is not going to be backed up.

We really really need a striker. We've nothing if Giroud gets injured.

Podolski
    Walcott
    Sanogo
    ....... Park?

That's a good bit more than nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Less than 2 hours left and we still haven't spent anything.
    Is there a problem/hitch with Ozil?

I don't think so- well I hope not anyway. I think they are just trying to get 1 or 2 more players in

TheGunns wrote: »
    Need a striker, if bendtner or Sanogo are the plan b then I don't want Giroud to ever leave the pitch this season

Someone who speaks sense.
    It's scary it really is. Giroud with one serious injury and we're screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Hang on.

We have Flamini for DFM and cover across the back four.

We have Viviano for goalkeeping cover, definitely better than Fabianski.

We have Sanogo as potential central forward.

If Cazorla plays more regularly wide, we have Ozil to replace him in the centre.

We have Ryo, back from Wigan as an extra body in the squad.

Yes, another striker (Benzema or Ba) would be great or wide player (Di Maria or Draxler) would be great but if that calibre is not available, better to stick with what we have.

We are not Liverpool, Spurs or Everton, we need quality to improve what we have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Striking Options:

Giroud, Podolski, Walcott, Bendtner, Sanogo

I know they are not all out-and-out strikers or 20-goal a season merchants but it's not like there are no options either.

Podolski and Walcott have been tried as CF. It hasn't worked. Don't even go there on the other 2.

Reports in Spain united have had 40m bid for Di Maria accepted. Hijack Arsene, throw your weight around a bit lad!

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Podolski
    Walcott
    Sanogo
    ....... Park?

That's a good bit more than nothing.

The last two are a joke sorry. Walcott ain't a striker sorry. Pod has the same problems as Giroud lacks pace and to make something out of nothing. Pod and Giroud are very good but we need more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

keano_afc wrote: »
    Podolski and Walcott have been tried as CF. It hasn't worked. Don't even go there on the other 2.

Well, Walcott had around 4 games starting there last season. 2 of them were superb while 2 were ineffective.

I certainly wouldn't say that Walcott doesn't work there. Would have him there ahead of quite a lot of strikers available. I just wouldn't make him our main CF any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

BBC reckon mourinho plan was to string Arsène along all this afternoon and then reject the move on purpose late on leaving Arsène and arsenal no time to react.

Jose is the ultimate troll!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement