Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Mesut Ozil scoring for the Arsenal in a Champions League tie against Napoli where we walk all over them... man, the bad times are worth it for these good times.

1234277_3513028039970_1771653372_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Loving this run, I think our depth in mid could be the key to us winning something this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The team is acquiring belief in themselves now and that will pay off against the likes of United, City and Chelsea. We are as good if not better than them and we are getting better.
    Bow the knee to no team lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Böw the knee to no team lads.

fixed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Was out at training tonight so missed the game but that was the best news I got all day coming back to that scoreline.

On these threads I've always been a back Wenger to the death kind of guy. It really is nice to see the praise he is getting from press / other clubs fans this season.

arsene-wenger-old-trafford-sent-off.jpg

Happy Anniversary Arsene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Hopefully the legs aren't too ****ed, we've taken it nice and easy in the 2nd halfs in our last 3 games (minus the league cup but nobody played that).

I'd go into the positives but the list would be too long :D

I'm enjoying this downward spiral immensely.

Luis Luis Luis Luis if you don't hurry up we'll go on without you.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Havent posted in ages. Absolutely delighted with that. Flamini, awesome. What a signing he has been. Ramsey, amazing. What an engine, and that turn in the first half, wow.

We have so much belief going through the team they just look like they cant wait for every game. Its brilliant to see.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Where's newbie1 and the rest of the doubters tonight?

FearDark wrote: »
    Where's newbie1 and the rest of the doubters tonight?

i've no problem with doubt, Button often makes valid points, but Newbie1 slaughtered the team in his post.
    no time for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

A Reyes-esque signing in January could well propel us onto you know what, dare I say. :eek:

Anyways, a lot of football to be played before we can consider that. 3 more points against a resurgent WBA team won't be easy but would really send us into the Interlull buzzing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Great win tonight, only got to see the second half but enjoyed it. Great that Ozil is off the mark and Giroud ended his goal drought ;)

Same, I don't mind reading different peoples opinions but what I absolutely hate is "we're gonna loose" with nothing to back it up with and then proceed to dismantle entire team including Ozil ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

What the hell is everyone in this thread training for?!

• Advertisement

Training to be beautiful :D

God knows I need all the help I can get!!

TV3 finally showing Arsenal live vs Dortmund and I won't get to watch it :mad: cos I'll be at it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Load of Napoli fans smashed up Piebury Corner.

Tinkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Maire2009 wrote: »
    TV3 finally showing Arsenal live vs Dortmund and I won't get to watch it :mad: cos I'll be at it :D

damn it, girl!!!!!!!!!! :)
    Worse for me, I will be at a concert!!!!! :(

BVg2JbRIEAAg_w-.jpg

• Advertisement

Irish Aris wrote: »
    damn it, girl!!!!!!!!!! :)
    Worse for me, I will be at a concert!!!!! :(

Awh no, hope it's someone decent at least?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Tell you what, getting vertigo from being top of the tables. Been a while since we've been this high!

They have no chance of making the team anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Arsenal have now won 10 matches in a row, equalling the best run of the 'Invincibles' side of 2003-04 who lifted the Premier League title without suffering a single league defeat.

Tasty stat.

Good jaysis...

We pick up a few injuries and everyone thinks Arsene'll pick them

:pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Load of Napoli fans smashed up Piebury Corner.

Tinkers.
    Scumbags. Was there last week, lovely staff. Hope they have CCTV of them, collar them at the airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Awh no, hope it's someone decent at least?

hope so, I'm gonna see Chic.
    aah, freak out!!! And hopefully we will beat Dortmund too, so I can freak out all night long!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Poetry in motion tonight lads, a joy to watch we were. I thought Flamini was excellent tonight yet again, surely the shrewdest signing of the season?

Gringo180 wrote: »
    surely the shrewdest signing of the season?

can't disagree.
    I've got a big bag of man love for Flamini since he came back.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    can't disagree.
    I've got a big bag of man love for Flamini since he came back.

I want to have his babies :D

All joking aside, you can see why Milan wanted to give him a new contract, he really is a player you want on your side, a real terrier very Gattuso-esque.

• Advertisement

I have a lot of man love for Flamini. Absolutely love the way he will give anyone a good bollocking for being out of position or not tracking back, he's been our leader since he played his first game back with us this season. Couldn't possibly dispute that he's one of the major premier league signings this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

i will be there too!!!

PM me and maybe we can meet for drinks before the match :)

i will be there too!!!

Watch yourself Marie :D:D

newbie2 wrote: »
    FFS, this thread needs to get some perspective FFS.

8 weeks ago we were going on about how **** the team was and how we need to sign a striker, defender and possible goalkeeper. Wenger goes out and buys another midfielder and this thread is pissing themelves at ozil.

We win a few games (fulham, spurs, sunderland , stoke and swansea) in the league, beat fenerbache (who?) in the CL qualifiers and scrape past marseille in the group stages. Suddenly we're world beaters and looking to win the league and the CL???? FFS - get a ****ing grip.

We are still the side that just about finished 4th last season. Ozil isnt the messiah and his performances have been mediocre so far. We've been lucky we've met some poor sides and we're certainly not crushing oppisition. We need to take off the red sunglasses and look at where we're at.

We still need ot play both Manchester teams and liverpool/everton and chleski. We've played possibly the worst team (bar us) in our CL group and still have to play Napoli (who we were lucky to draw with in the emirates cup) and dortmund.

Spurs last leason was our last real test - apart from spurs this season. I'm not counting the Bayer Munich game as it was a fluke IMO. All we can tell from this is that we're better than spurs.

I dont want to be 'one pf those posters', but FFS, I'm realistic. I've been a supporter for a long time, named my dog after wenger, was in the emirates for our only defeat this season, will be going over next month, watch every game - including every youth/reserve games I can, but I can't help but feel -we're not really good enough.

I'm sorry if I piss some of you off, but I'm pretty much convinced in my own conviction. Yes I hope we beat napoli tomorrw - but I doubt we will. Yes I'm happy we are having a good run - but there's a reason and it's not because we're good IMO, it's because the opposition aren't as good as us.

EDIT

Obligitory pic of Wenger the dog attached

aND SOME OF YOU HAVE THE CHEEK TO SAY IM A BAD FAN!

this guy tops it up and makes me look like a softy.

i am happy for arsenal. delighted and loving this.

I have always said that so long as wenger does a decent job i dont mind him staying

lol na im cool to hang out.

Will be going there straight from work.

cant ****ing wait!!!

The atmosphere is going to be ELECTRIC!!

lol na im cool to hang out.

Will be going there straight from work.

cant ****ing wait!!!

The atmosphere is going to be ELECTRIC!!
    Swear im not well jell :D

Enjoy folks its gonna be a belter of a game.

i will be there too!!!

Will do :) I'll be at the Arsenal Tavern or somewhere around Finsbury Park, meeting up with some London Gooners I meet every time I'm over.

14383364-isolated-sinister-looking-man-with-hands-together.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Haven't seen him celebrate like this in a while. He deserves it today of all days :)

wengercelebration.gif

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Swear im not well jell :D

Enjoy folks its gonna be a belter of a game.

I've been to a good number of Arsenal games the last few years but only one CL and that was Dortmund 2 years ago. Their fans are a great bunch and the atmosphere was great. We won 2-1 that night as well.

BVg21hzIEAEoll9.jpg

Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla, Ozil, Rosicky, Ramsey, Flamini.

WOW!

• Advertisement

aND SOME OF YOU HAVE THE CHEEK TO SAY IM A BAD FAN!

this guy tops it up and makes me look like a softy.

i am happy for arsenal. delighted and loving this.

I have always said that so long as wenger does a decent job i dont mind him staying

That guy and his posts were instantly made to look very foolish. Read through the thread. FYI you're not the worst :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I now feel quite smug about my posts during the summer :D It's not perfect yet but I am sure as hell enjoying watching us play, great result tonight. The nerves are still there every time we play still though

I must note something interesting. Ever since I have been with my missus arsenal have not won a trophy(8 years I was with my other half) but recently things turned per shaped and currently split up but not filled for the papers. Quite ironic since the split arsenal have been smashing everyone at their wake.

Should I get back with the missus ?

Bet most would say no here :) lol

I must note something interesting. Ever since I have been with my missus arsenal have not won a trophy(8 years I was with my other half) but recently things turned per shaped and currently split up but not filled for the papers. Quite ironic since the split arsenal have been smashing everyone at their wake.

You can find another wife, you'll never find another Arsenal. And you can tell her a woman said that!

I wasn't very kind to Wenger myself during the summer and was a negative nancy up until recently, you can't help but be excited and filled with promise watching us play lately. I wish I could be smug too and say "I told you so"

Arsenal > Women anyways!

• Advertisement

FearDark wrote: »
    Arsenal > Women anyways!

I must be the complete package so - Arsenal + Woman :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I see what you did there, hey Maire let's meet for a drink before the game........... and then slip in the casual I'm single now post. Classic :)

I must be the complete package so - Arsenal + Woman :p

Need pics to prove this of course :p

Soups123 wrote: »
    I see what you did there, hey Maire let's meet for a drink before the game........... and then slip in the casual I'm single now post. Classic :)

As long as its the only thing being slipped in...

WAHEEY!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Absolutely buzzing the last few weeks watching this Arsenal team play it's been a few years since I felt so positive it is getting harder and harder to keep my feet on the ground. Tremendous performance tonight wiped the floor with Napoli a team sitting second in Serie A.

Can't wipe the smile off my face after that tonight.

:pac: I'm in training for doing Hell & Back for the third time this year it's great craic.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement