Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just starting Chapter 5, really enjoying so far. The insight into his time at Inter and his relationship with the manager and other players is very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Just starting Chapter 5, really enjoying so far. The insight into his time at Inter and his relationship with the manager and other players is very interesting.

what do you think of the style it's in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Its Dennis Bergkamps book for god sake you dont just express delivery the great man....

I should have known the book would take ages to arrive, bloody things refuses to fly :cool:

batistuta9 wrote: »
    what do you think of the style it's in?

I like the interview style and the way it switches back and forth between the narrative and the interview. The author is apparently an Arsenal fan, that must have been deliberate? This would make you think that he may not have been too objective during the whole process! What do you think of it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'm nearly finished it now. He's such a driven guy, classy. Love Bergkamp.

I like the interview style and the way it switches back and forth between the narrative and the interview. The author is apparently an Arsenal fan, that must have been deliberate? This would make you think that he may not have been too objective during the whole process! What do you think of it yourself?

i haven't got it yet.
    i just seen a review on amazon that was a bit critical of the style of it & it mentions it being done by an arsenal fan too and they said it feels like it. 3 stars they gave it

Good jaysus.

Just saw this,

How did Real let him go??? :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

it's far cheaper on amazon

hardcover £11.40 vs €27.50
    softcover £8.99 vs €16.99

Sorry got a multibuy discount and free delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Kind of think the international break might be good for us in a way.

City, Utd and to a lesser extent Chelsea looking a bit disjointed and international matches for all their players will be the last thing they want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Sagna out for 2 weeks hopefully just misses the
    west brom match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

gosplan wrote: »
    Kind of think the international break might be good for us in a way.

City, Utd and to a lesser extent Chelsea looking a bit disjointed and international matches for all their players will be the last thing they want.
    If we can beat west brom and go into the break at top we will have santi back after and theo ox and poldi not far behind.

We will have some serious depth then and great bench options

remember during the summer when no one was bought, there were various people saying it was wenger - some of these have said it for a while - and others who'd just turned to thinking like that (the better ones on twitter) because of what they'd heard

well what was/is the story behind that, it was all supposed to be revealed

remember during the summer when no one was bought, there were various people saying it was wenger - some of these have said it for a while - and others who'd just turned to thinking like that (the better ones on twitter) because of what they'd heard

A pile of crap?

Honestly I believe it is just the way wenger is. He wont pay over the odds for someone. He paid a lot for Ozil because he thinks hes worth it.

I agree with the man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Transfers are difficult to achieve at the best of times. When you're trying to get the very best it is even more difficult. Maybe there is more to it than that, but I think most of the issues this Summer is related to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I'd say it was just him changing his mind on Higuain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Whoever it is does not matter too much BUT another striker should have been bought to cover Giroud. If anything happens to him we are in difficulties.

Sorry got a multibuy discount and free delivery.

Whoever it is does not matter too much BUT another striker should have been bought to cover Giroud. If anything happens to him we are in difficulties.

Hopefully we'll be so far ahead of Chelsea, Jose wont consider us league rivals and sell us Ba :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

So young Jack was caught smoking behind the cinema by the grown ups? Now Mr. Wenger is to have a stern word... I hear he was just holding them for Wayne Rooney..

I wonder are they allowed to smoke, contract wise? I know a good few players smoke, but I didn't really have any Arsenal players down as smokers.

http://squawka.com/news/2013/10/02/mathieu-flamini-napoli/2013100223807

100% Tackle Success & 96% Pass Completion. Insane stats from the Flamini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Legendary cult hero Nelson Vivas liked to smoke if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

keano_afc wrote: »
    Legendary cult hero Nelson Vivas liked to smoke if I remember correctly.

Dickwad Gallas too.

Pretty stupid from Jack . When you have got engines like flamini and rambo in midfield smoking is not gonna help you get ahead of them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Looking at our squad it's good to see for the next few seasons no major surgery is needed

Add 1 or 2 players each summed and it will see us there or there abouts each year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

My bird ordered it off amazon but wouldnt cough up for the express delivery. Still waiting.

Straight into the green wheelie bin with her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

....get TGSTEL :pac:

That would be great in an ironic way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Maire2009 wrote: »
    As for his scoring, I remember a few seasons back Judas van Persie lashed out at him big time on the field for having a shot at goal instead of passing it to van "my little boy inside me dreams are dying" Persie who felt he should have been teed up.

Don't bottle them feelings up Marie, tell us how you really feel :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Got the Bergkamp book today read the first chapter. He was named after Denis Law - from the horses mouth! Looks like I'll be naming my first son Aaron or Olivier if things continue for a few years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Got the Bergkamp book today read the first chapter. He was named after Denis Law - from the horses mouth! Looks like I'll be naming my first son Aaron or Olivier if things continue for a few years!

Yep, and his mother spelt his name wrong that's why it has 2 n's

Would Easons have the Bergkamp book in there shops now, may take a trek over tomorrow and pick it up.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't call my kid Aaron because there are a lot of retards who would say "Erin". I'm unfortunate enough to have a first name spelled in a different way than usual and a surname that I have to spell out, I'm not gonna burden my kids with a name that they have to always correct the pronunciation of :pac:

Cant wait to see the look on the missis face when she sees Arsene on the birthcert of our first born :D

Or Mezut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

some news/rumours:

the club are preparing a 8mil a year, 3 year contract for wenger
    while PSG are keeping a position open for him as general manager/director of football

Wenger will stay with us. I have no doubt about that.

He has put too much time and energy into this brand of football. He wants to see some trophies coming at the end of his career. When we win 3 Premier League titles, 2 FA Cups and a Champions League over the next 3 years then, and only then, will he consider leaving us. And even then I think he will retire rather than go to another club. Remember

9xicmG1.png

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Would Easons have the Bergkamp book in there shops now, may take a trek over tomorrow and pick it up.

Ya they had it in the day it was released so still should have plenty of copies left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I have ZERO problems with Jenkinson starting ahead of Sagna today and Sagna missing international football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

cathalio11 wrote: »
    I have ZERO problems with Jenkinson starting ahead of Sagna today and Sagna missing international football.

me either, would even like to see monreal start, rest gibbs and use the squad depth, two great lbs

Raf32 wrote: »
    me either, would even like to see monreal start, rest gibbs and use the squad depth, two great lbs
    We are blessed with full backs, Sagna been the best of them. I was over on the Utd thread last night and folk over there reckon Rafael is better than Sagna:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

cathalio11 wrote: »

Hope he doesn't start today though.:D

• Advertisement

We are blessed with full backs, Sagna been the best of them. I was over on the Utd thread last night and folk over there reckon Rafael is better than Sagna:confused:

not even close, sagna the second best behind zab tbh and that could go either way, dont rate any of uniteds full backs at all.

A pile of crap?

Honestly I believe it is just the way wenger is. He wont pay over the odds for someone. He paid a lot for Ozil because he thinks hes worth it.

I agree with the man
    greendom wrote: »
    Transfers are difficult to achieve at the best of times. When you're trying to get the very best it is even more difficult. Maybe there is more to it than that, but I think most of the issues this Summer is related to this.
    I'd say it was just him changing his mind on Higuain.

it could be that, they were told the money was there & he wouldn't spend it

there seemed more to it though or as if it was happening a lot more than just with higuain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

I wouldn't rest Gibbs tomorrow. He has no international duty so don't see the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Had a look there. I'd have Sagna over Rafael, yes, but Evra is still a better fullback than Gibbs. If Gibbs keeps it up, combined with Evra getting older, then you have a point but Evra was the best left back in the league last year.

yeah i suppose, Ba or someone like that would've been ideal for the year.

i wouldn't be on the side of buying someone just for the sake it, i think if/when a striker is signed he should be better than giroud & what else is at the club

on him getting injured, a lot of it would depend on the timing & length of it. At the minute it wouldn't be too good but if everyone's fits there's more than enough around to do a job there, the opposition would be a factor but arsenal would still have enough to beat a lot of teams

Leave Gibbs on, he'll have 2 weeks off. We should look to rotate a bit though, we should be able to make a few changes without much worry this weekend and go into the break on top.

• Advertisement

Had a look there. I'd have Sagna over Rafael, yes, but Evra is still a better fullback than Gibbs. If Gibbs keeps it up, combined with Evra getting older, then you have a point but Evra was the best left back in the league last year.

no he wasnt, goals flattered him, he was utterly rubbish at defending last year imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Evra and Sagna were both ****e last year

Rafael and Gibbs are better players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Happy invincible day gunners

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 3m
    Arsenal and Bayern Munich tried to buy Lars Bender, but Bayer have said no.
    But I understand his BuyOutClause is valid AFTER this season
    To go back or not? Arteta is no spring chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

it could be that, they were told the money was there & he wouldn't spend it

there seemed more to it though or as if it was happening a lot more than just with higuain

Yeh I think Wenger was hesitant to spend the cash available to him and we missed out on a few players because he wasn't budging on his own set valuation of them with some like AFCamden or Dean as he is now known getting a bit frustrated but also saying they would give him until the end of the transfer window to do something, which he did in the end.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement