Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Jack Wilshere ‏@JackWilshere 1h
    So... Now that all the smoke has blown over, let's all focus on the game tomorrow! Need a win before the international break! #Gooners
    Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite More

:pac:

CRISIS!!!

PANIC!!!

We're not top of the league anymore!!

Liverpool are looking good though. When are we playing them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

CRISIS!!!

PANIC!!!

We're not top of the league anymore!!

Liverpool are looking good though. When are we playing them?

2nd of November quickly followed by Dortmund away on the 6t and United on the 10th of November.

Could be a really big week for us.

2nd of November quickly followed by Dortmund away on the 6t and United on the 10th of November.

Could be a really big week for us.

If we're to lose one of them, make it Dortmund please.

4 points from the other two please.

If we're to lose one of them, make it Dortmund please.

4 points from the other two please.

United are away aswell, but given current form I'd be confident of beating United although come November things could be very different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Raf32 wrote: »
    To go back or not? Arteta is no spring chicken.

Definitely.

Bender should be on the list. You'd love someone like Draxler too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

this season there's nothing to fear from either pool or united, but credit to pool they've been consistent and are getting results.
    United look very off, but still have quality players. I still fancy us, I don't think our form is fleeting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

bad2dabone wrote: »
    this season there's nothing to fear from either pool or united, but credit to pool they've been consistent and are getting results.
    United look very off, but still have quality players. I still fancy us, I don't think our form is fleeting.

Nothing to fear in the two best strikers in the league? I'm pulling for ye to win it though if we can't. Anything but united.

rob316 wrote: »
    Nothing to fear in the two best strikers in the league? I'm pulling for ye to win it though if we can't. Anything but united.

no disrespect meant Rob, Sturridge and Suarez are impressive but so far i think liverpool have failed to control their games so far and while thats fine against poor teams like palace, you could see it against a good side like Swansea where liverpool were on the ropes for large parts of the 2nd half. With our midfield i'd be confident, but not certain, that we will beat liverpool. i'm sure with your strikeforce that you'd think the opposite and of course they're both really dangerous strikers.

I'd be happy for liverpool to take uniteds CL spot of course, and if they won the league i'd be hugely impressed and wouldn't begrudge them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Great article/interview with our midfield warrior...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/05/arsenal-mathieu-flamini-dark-work

• Advertisement

Make sure we're top going into the break. Then make sure we've top before Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You'll have no complaints from me about our midfield its atrocious. The best team we played so far was Southampton and they beat us but we can always raise our game for the big games. The fact we are up there and havnt played well at all yet says alot also I think.

Its obvious why spurs pool and arsenal are top, managerial stability. Those 3 teams havnt changed managers while city chelsea and united have.

rob316 wrote: »
    Its obvious why spurs pool and arsenal are top, managerial stability. Those 3 teams havnt changed managers while city chelsea and united have.

it's a big factor. Also spurs spending 100m helped them!

yeah liverpool winning games and not playing great is a big boost for them, and with the strikers they have in the form they're in they'll continue to score plenty and pick up points. Before the season started I was like "Pool have no chance of top 4 this year" but that may well be incorrect!

It certainly is the most open season in terms of who can win it for years.
    Arsenal still need to strenghten the CF position in Jan.

I don't know if the managerial roundabout is as big a reason it is being made out to be.
    bad2dabone wrote: »
    it's a big factor. Also spurs spending 100m helped them!

for example new managers have been a stumbling block for City, Chelsea and United but Spurs with a huge amount of new players playing under a new manager has been a benefit? ;).

Chelsea have had a problem with there league form for a number of seasons now why I don't know but cant be blamed on having a new manager in Mourinho in charge really is just the same status quo for the last few seasons.

City yeh maybe but again they werent exactly setting the world on fire last season either.

United well yeh new manager but there squad hasn't been great the last few seasons and Ferguson was a genius at getting average squads and players to perform as a team and getting results when needed. Moyes has a huge job on his hands and a fair bit of rebuilding but will he be given the time who knows.

I think it's more a case of the chasing pack of Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool improving while Chelsea and City so far have been stagnant.

Good points Marty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Hmmm the lads on Sunday supplement pretty sure Wenger is going to psg at the end of this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Hmmm the lads on Sunday supplement pretty sure Wenger is going to psg at the end of this season.

another sky+ recording ruined

batistuta9 wrote: »
    another sky+ recording ruined

Haha I know most probably bs but just seemed like they knew something and were sticking to their guns.

Edit- I didn't see any spoiler warnings for Sunday supplement in the charter sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Obviously never say never but why go through years of pain and austerity to just leave for somewhere else when it finally comes good for you?

• Advertisement

Haha I know most probably bs but just seemed like they knew something and were sticking to their guns.

who's on it?

gosplan wrote: »
    Obviously never say never but why go through years of pain and austerity to just leave for somewhere else when it finally comes good for you?

They said if he won the league it would be a great way to go out.

Hasn't come good until were holding that trophy!

who's on it?

Don't know their names but one of them said he was lambasted for running with the story last may and says he's sticking to it. Some Spanish journalist saying he's been told blanc is keeping the seat warm until next season for Wenger.

As I said probably bs, but he has signed contracts a lot quicker in the past.

Don't know their names but one of them said he was lambasted for running with the story last may and says he's sticking to it. Some Spanish journalist saying he's been told blanc is keeping the seat warm until next season for Wenger.

As I said probably bs, but he has signed contracts a lot quicker in the past.

i've seen who's on now :pac:

was it the guy in the black suit jacket?

i've seen who's on now :pac:

was it the guy in the black suit jacket?

Ha no but he is very annoying.

It was the fella in the white shirt black jumper.

Ha no but he is very annoying.

It was the fella in the white shirt black jumper.

haha yeah, john richardson he's called

white shirt black jumper guy is paul hayward

did you hear about gervais there :D

• Advertisement

haha yeah, john richardson he's called

white shirt black jumper guy is paul hayward

did you hear about gervais there :D

Ye a revelation in Italy!

Wenger missed the boat on that one;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Are we on tv today?

gosplan wrote: »

i think wenger will/does view that as his greatest achievement - not trophies, unbeaten season/invincibles

i don't think he'll go either, especially after his comments recently about what stan said but he's always going on about being judged/judging himself on the performance, so i wouldn't be 100% shocked if he left but still shocked

also that swiss ramble article/report from the summer, even though he tried to make it finances for dummies i still couldn't understand all of it but what i got from it was that arsenal have/had about £70mil to spend but all the money over the last few seasons has come from selling players rather than being a profitable football club.

so that's basically it for arsenal, thats their dosh & they need to spend it carefully.
    they'll never have it again probably, as they'll hardly want to carry on selling the better players

obviously i'm not counting new sponsorship & TV with that but how much more than the other top clubs will that even be? probably not too much & city + chelsea could go and spunk £70mil every window if they want before/if ffp comes, while it's arsenal lot basically
    i'm i right thinking that

Are we on tv today?

sky sports 1

Ye a revelation in Italy!

Wenger missed the boat on that one;)

or couldn't convince gervais to paddle in right direction :pac:

you watching goals on sunday? ray parlours' on

• Advertisement

or couldn't convince gervais to paddle in right direction :pac:

you watching goals on sunday? ray parlours' on
    Ah turned on gta cause they were waffle on Sunday supplement, might turn goals on Sunday on now though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

looking for a way to watch the Gunners today? PM me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

match day thread is up, going to be a tough and nervous one!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86885693#post86885693

i think wenger will/does view that as his greatest achievement - not trophies, unbeaten season/invincibles

i don't think he'll go either, especially after his comments recently about what stan said but he's always going on about being judged/judging himself on the performance, so i wouldn't be 100% shocked if he left but still shocked

also that swiss ramble article/report from the summer, even though he tried to make it finances for dummies i still couldn't understand all of it but what i got from it was that arsenal have/had about £70mil to spend but all the money over the last few seasons has come from selling players rather than being a profitable football club.

so that's basically it for arsenal, thats their dosh & they need to spend it carefully.
    they'll never have it again probably, as they'll hardly want to carry on selling the better players

obviously i'm not counting new sponsorship & TV with that but how much more than the other top clubs will that even be? probably not too much & city + chelsea could go and spunk £70mil every window if they want before/if ffp comes, while it's arsenal lot basically
    i'm i right thinking that

I'm not to much up on my finances but I do know the club is modelling itself on Bayern Munich in terms of finances and our revenue isn't far off theres and growing all the time and Bayern manage to spend on players when needed.

The combined IQ at that table never seems to go over 65, no matter who's on the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ha ha the Sun newspaper reporting that too :D. The feckin SUN.:D

Pretty horrid performance that, full backs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Giroud and Rosicky all very poor.

Thought Arteta in particular was anonymous, will do well to keep his place in the team at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Draw is a fair result and a great one.

WBA would have matched anyone today. They were brilliant.

Last season Arsenal would have lost this.

Back on top of the league :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Not great agreed, but West Brom will take points off plenty of top teams if they keep it up. Glass half full, it's a decent point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Happy enough with that point. Delighted for Wilshere. He was fairly poor in the first half tho. Badly missing a winger today I think

Edit: spurs lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Acceptable result, not great. Top of the table.

Giroud having an off game is allowed, problem is no alternative to allow him have it.

Jenks is still a long way off first team level.

I'll enjoy the international beak, top after 7 games!

Have to remember Jack was on the wing just like Ramsey last season when I was critical of him.

Still scored so fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Not the worst result. Didn't lose which is the important thing in terms of keeping some momentum going.

Will be good to have Santi back so that Jack doesn't have to play on the wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Dont understand team selection today think we were set up for a draw

Jenks and arteta the worst in a poor performance

Just showed the replay jack should have had 2 penalties.

Am I the only one who thinks its 2 points dropped needlessly?
    We were too slow making changes. Gnabry should have been on for Jack before the 30 minute mark. I like Jack but he's not on form. We started off playing far too slowly and we need the quick ball to thrive.

Just showed the replay jack should have had 2 penalties.

As I said in the match thread never a peno imo If we had conceded a peno to that tackle I would be fuming.

Also as much as Wilshere got stick in the first half in the match thread he was played out of position and Gibbs was far worse could have been sat on the bench for all the good he done and left Wilshere exposed time and time again the difference was Wilshere was there battling.

I;m not defending Wilshere he was poor but Gibbs was worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

WBA did a great job today, hampering our play and closing us down. Happy enough with a point, and with Cazorla, Walcott and Podolski to return soon after the international break, there's plenty to look forward to.

• Advertisement

Have to remember Jack was on the wing just like Ramsey last season when I was critical of him.

Still scored so fair play to him.

Being on the wing does not explain giving the ball away all the time though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement