Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

FearDark wrote: »
    I think this is the second year we're wearing this one, no?
    The away jersey was only brought out this year, I think its the nicest jersey we've had in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Did man u get joint league winners medals in 2012?
    My Liverpool supporting brother thinks his team are joint top. Silly man.

Off The Ball were doing a segment on Liverpool last night and kept saying they were top of the league, was doing my head in. They are quite clearly second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

ronjo wrote: »
    With Flamini already having 4 yellows cards is it better he gets booked again in the Norwich game in order to miss Palace or run the risk of him missing Liverpool or United.
    We could certainly do with him up in Old Trafford.

Don't think we need to worry about that. I'm sure Flamini is more than capable of getting himself a yellow without being asked to :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The new jersey looks great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Telegraph running an article with an interview with Bergkamp where he says he wants to return some day in a coaching role :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10365349/Dennis-Bergkamp-reveals-he-wants-to-return-to-Arsenal-to-work-on-the-clubs-coaching-staff.html

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Jesus I hate international breaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Telegraph running an article with an interview with Bergkamp where he says he wants to return some day in a coaching role :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10365349/Dennis-Bergkamp-reveals-he-wants-to-return-to-Arsenal-to-work-on-the-clubs-coaching-staff.html

Won't be a big one seems he won't get on a plane.

Won't be a big one seems he won't get on a plane.

Yes because that's the only way to travel around England.

Realistically, he'd miss at most 8 games out of about 60. Hardly a deal breaker. Especially considering you can drive to anywhere in Europe. He drove to the Champions League final after all. If it were vital (which it wouldn't be) for him to be at every single game, he could do the same.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Yes because that's the only way to travel around England.

Realistically, he'd miss at most 8 games out of about 60. Hardly a deal breaker. Especially considering you can drive to anywhere in Europe. He drove to the Champions League final after all. If it were vital (which it wouldn't be) for him to be at every single game, he could do the same.

Ok no need to get smart about it!

I was just going on stories I heard that he would never take up a managers job in England because of this fear.

Ok no need to get smart about it!

I was just going on stories I heard that he would never take up a managers job in England because of this fear.

This is always the impression I got. As a player you can afford to split from the group for a few days and make your own way to a European game but as manager you'd probably want to be staying with the group. Think Bergkamp wouldn't be getting more than a job as coach or something of the sort at arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

This is always the impression I got. As a player you can afford to split from the group for a few days and make your own way to a European game but as manager you'd probably want to be staying with the group. Think Bergkamp wouldn't be getting more than a job as coach or something of the sort at arsenal
    But a player driving to a european game and then playing a gruelling match just after it, and then driving home again would take a lot more out of you, than a manager driving to a game, and then driving home. He just needs to do as 'Arry did and get an idiot to drive you around the place.

Quazzie wrote: »
    But a player driving to a european game and then playing a gruelling match just after it, and then driving home again would take a lot more out of you, than a manager driving to a game, and then driving home. He just needs to do as 'Arry did and get an idiot to drive you around the place.

But there is a lot more eastern European teams in the cl nowadays it just wouldn't be viable with the space between games nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

There was a suggestion that it'd maybe be more like Liam Brady's role in charge of the youth set up which would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

Gringo180 wrote: »
    The away jersey was only brought out this year, I think its the nicest jersey we've had in a long time.

+1

yep I really like it.

AdamD wrote: »
    iNI6BIMbp37fh.gif

More of this and less falling over please
    I can imagine with Giroud lying on his back he says "sacré bleu"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I can imagine with Giroud lying on his back he says "sacré bleu"

Or "putain" or "bordel de merde", perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I see Klopp has been banned from the sideline for both Arsenal games which can only be of benefit to us.

I see Klopp has been banned from the sideline for both Arsenal games which can only be of benefit to us.

Half their team will be missing as well apparently (well for the first leg anyway) - hopefully that proves to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Dortmund are in worse shape than we are.

Here's their injury list.. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/borussia-dortmund/ausfall/verein_16.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

just the home game, he done the first match against marseille

they've a lot of injuries at the minute too which is probably a bigger bonus

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    just the home game, he done the first match against marseille

they've a lot of injuries at the minute too which is probably a bigger bonus

Ah yeh sorry I seen it in the Bundesliga thread but just seen someone corrected it, the first was against Marseille.

There injuries should be a big bonus to us alright think they will make for cracking games.

Ah yeh sorry I seen it in the Bundesliga thread but just seen someone corrected it, the first was against Marseille.

There injuries should be a big bonus to us alright think they will make for cracking games.

i couldn't care about the quality of the games tbh :pac:
    one sided arsenal affairs would suit me grand

i couldn't care about the quality of the games tbh :pac:
    one sided arsenal affairs would suit me grand

:pac: well yeh I wouldn't say no to that either but even with all there injuries I still think they will be tough games.

Jack needs to lay low for a while and try to avoid all this attention he's been getting recently.

Jack needs to lay low for a while and try to avoid all this attention he's been getting recently.

what else has happened?

He's English and they have high hopes for him he could take his dog for a walk and the media would hype it up, it's something he will have to get used to and something I think he is well able for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Quotes are being put into a certain context which they quite clearly were never meant to be put in. English media are ****ing nuts, they love to bring their own down.

what else has happened?

Said that your man Janudzaj shouldn't be able to play for England because he's not English. Seems to have caused a bit more of a media frenzy which he'd be best to avoid at the minute.

[edit] Although obviously he was asked a very specific question about it. But he should know how the english media works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Really Jack was quite naive with his comments and all he had to say was his job is to play for England and whoever the manager selects is not his job or concern, his a footballer at the end of the day not a politician, although I fully agree with his sentiment sometimes its better to just let it go.

• Advertisement

meh, seen the comments & his clarification on them

at least he an opinion about it, rather than some everybody friend cúnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Dortmund are in worse shape than we are.

Here's their injury list.. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/borussia-dortmund/ausfall/verein_16.html

Must be something wrong with their medical team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Forgot to do 'em on Sunday. Ah well, something to look at over the international break.

Ramsey 8 (4)
    Giroud 6 (4)
    Podolski 2 (2)
    Wilshere 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Ozil 1 (0)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Mertesacker 1 (1)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Walcott 1 (0)

(League goals in brackets)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

How do they calculate these market values lads?
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/arsenal-fc/startseite/verein_11.html

I'd imagine Ramsey is worth a lot more than €13 million right now. Gnabry is only 0.5 million...

TV fixtures for Dec

Arsenal v Everton
    Sunday 8 December, 4pm (Sky Sports)

Manchester City v Arsenal
    Saturday 14 December, 12.45pm (BT Sport)

Arsenal v Chelsea
    Monday 23 December, 8pm (Sky Sports)

West Ham United v Arsenal
    Thursday 26 December, 3pm (BT Sport)

Newcastle United v Arsenal
    Sunday 29 December, 1.30pm (Sky Sports)

Feckin hell 3 points against Dortmund and we're laughin'

• Advertisement

Do I win an award for the most obvious post ever?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

TV fixtures for Dec

Arsenal v Everton
    Sunday 8 December, 4pm (Sky Sports)

Manchester City v Arsenal
    Saturday 14 December, 12.45pm (BT Sport)

Arsenal v Chelsea
    Monday 23 December, 8pm (Sky Sports)

West Ham United v Arsenal
    Thursday 26 December, 3pm (BT Sport)

Newcastle United v Arsenal
    Sunday 29 December, 1.30pm (Sky Sports)

I can't wait, I'll be stuffing my face with mince pies all through the Christmas watching footballe while FearDark and Marty McFly are slaving away in the gym. :pac:

If Marseilles end up as whipping boys for everyone else then 9 points wouldn't be enough for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

If Marseilles end up as whipping boys for everyone else then 9 points wouldn't be enough for us.

they're a decent side. they can take points off others in the group - i just hope its not us :)

the dortmund game sandwiched between two tough premier league games worries me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

What is the problem in England with their international players? They cause so much controversy for their own and usually its something from nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Koscielny has picked up a calf strain.

yes we need them to get points in their last 2 home matches

cathalio11 wrote: »

hope he recovers quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

If we win Dortmund next, we're looking at 12 points, still have the home game with Marseilles.
    At 12 points, the only scenario that would leave us out if Dortmund and Napoli also have 12 each and we lose on goal average or sth. Not very likely I'd reckon.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    If we win Dortmund next, we're looking at 12 points, still have the home game with Marseilles.
    At 12 points, the only scenario that would leave us out if Dortmund and Napoli also have 12 each and we lose on goal average or sth. Not very likely I'd reckon.
    Hence the "everyone else". Obviously a result against Dortmund and something against Marseilles should be enough. It's not in the bag even if we beat Dortmund. Didn't we have 7 or 9 points after 3 matches a few years ago and manage to stumble to 2nd?

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010–11_UEFA_Champions_League_group_stage#Group_H Got Barcelona because we finished 2nd in the group.

greendom wrote: »
    hope he recovers quickly

I do too, although i would like to see how Vermaelen would do knowing that he only has a couple of games to try and win back his place from koscielny.

Hence the "everyone else". Obviously a result against Dortmund and something against Marseilles should be enough. It's not in the bag even if we beat Dortmund. Didn't we have 7 or 9 points after 3 matches a few years ago and manage to stumble to 2nd?

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010–11_UEFA_Champions_League_group_stage#Group_H Got Barcelona because we finished 2nd in the group.

Doesn't matter if you finish first or second in my book. If we didn't face Barcelona then, we'd have faced them later. Once you get out of the group stages there are no easy draws anymore. Might get a slightly easier draw but you'll have to face Bayern or Barcelona or someone at some point.

When we reached the final we got the likes of Real Madrid along the way. You have to face them at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I think the position you finish in does matter.

Dortmund got away with not having to play Barca or Bayern until the end. So position does help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I hate international breaks. Mixing my fix of mid week football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Theres no harm in him considering his future after football, what did he get, probably Limousin him being French and all

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement