Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    I would prefer a faster striker in general but I really don't get this logic. Surely a like for like replacement makes more sense when you want to rest a player..

I get what you're saying but I think it's important to have a different type of striker too, someone that you can bring on for the last 20 minutes when the team look like they're out of ideas and you need something different. Poldi could very well be that different option when he's fit again though and it would be no harm to have a more like for like back up to Giroud that's better than Bendtner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I am moving back to Ireland at the end of this week till Jan so time to renew so I can get to a few games. Question on red membership - Can I buy 2 on my account or do I need to put someone elses name on 1?

Seems to be letting me have them both in my name but just wana check as I dont think it let you do this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

There are some games they will allow you to do that this season. I would imagine they will be against the likes of Palace & Hull

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

wawaman wrote: »
    There are some games they will allow you to do that this season. I would imagine they will be against the likes of Palace & Hull
    I mean im gonna buy 2 memberships. But can my name be on both. I wanna see a few decent games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Llorente is too similar to Giroud, albeit a slightly better version. He'd be fine as a loan but buying him would be pointless.

Em no.

Giroud > Llorente at this point in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Seems to have been going forever yet he's 2 years younger than Olivier. I think Arsene could get the best out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

meriwether wrote: »
    If true, the weekend rumours about Llorente would be brilliant.

He's as good as Soldado and Negredo, he's just had a bad 18 months.

Age 28, proven goalscorer, probably a bargain after those 18 months.

Get Him Arsene, and Julian Draxler.

Ta.

Why do you want Draxler? Great player but Arsenal are well covered in that area.

From the outside looking in, the one thing Arsenal really lack right now(along with cover for Giroud) is a top quality full back. Sagna is decent but doubts over his future though I quite like the look of Jenkinson.

Someone like Uchida or Cuadrado would be a great acquisition for you lads.

• Advertisement

Sign Sagna up and we're stocked in Full Back positions I would think. Gives Jenkinson more time to learn from the best and gives him more of a lead in. You can't get more depth than Gibbs and Monreal on the left either imo.

Flanks, a striker and probably a more long term replacement for Arteta. I'd like to see CB cover for Mertesacker too. Club should have a cut at Lewandowski, he'd be an excellent alternative to have to Giroud. Lars Bender is out of contract too irrc. Could be an Arteta replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

cson wrote: »
    Sign Sagna up and we're stocked in Full Back positions I would think. Gives Jenkinson more time to learn from the best and gives him more of a lead in. You can't get more depth than Gibbs and Monreal on the left either imo.

Flanks, a striker and probably a more long term replacement for Arteta. I'd like to see CB cover for Mertesacker too. Club should have a cut at Lewandowski, he'd be an excellent alternative to have to Giroud. Lars Bender is out of contract too irrc. Could be an Arteta replacement.

I think you'd definitely still need a jack of all trades type defender who could cover both flanks and possibly center back. I like Chamberlain and think he can be great if he can get back fit, you definitely lost something when he got injured in the first game. Him, Podolski and Cazorla should be good enough on the left for ye, it's getting them all fit that will be problematic. Someone to cover Walcott on the right maybe needed but there are players like Chamberlain who when fit can fill that void. Provided Ozil stays fit it opens up a lot more options around him than where there last season.

Bender is someone Arsenal, United, Chelsea and a host of other more foreign top teams could use hugely. If there's a bidding war for him Chelsea will probably win out as they usually do by offering his agent like £10m or something, Mourinho may not move for him obviously but it's definitely a position that they are lacking in. With Flamini there you have a competent option no matter what though, he was some signing even if he may not be the most glamourous.

For Arsenal the challenge now is to kick on from the Ozil signing and be proactive about the squad. The depth/competition we have for example in LB is what we should aim for in every position imo.

The German/Spanish groups will be useful in attracting those nationalities going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

cson wrote: »
    Club should have a cut at Lewandowski, he'd be an excellent alternative to have to Giroud.

His pre-contract is agreed with Bayern, he's off the market. Llorente would be my choice as a like for like alternative to Ollie.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

This makes for a good reading, I really want Wenger to Win something this season, for all the hard-work he's done in the last few years without any results.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/features/-ozil-knew-i-wanted-him-for-a-long-time-

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

2ndcoming wrote: »
    His pre-contract is agreed with Bayern, he's off the market. Llorente would be my choice as a like for like alternative to Ollie.
    Not according to quotes in his interview with the Telegraph today.

Lewa would be a super signing but Benzema would be worth a go too, particularly as it it'd probably involve Suarez going to Real.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Not too pushed on Benzema. Not doubting his quality but he seems to have an Arshavin-esque attitude and that is the last thing we need.

Suarez would still be the best possible signing for up top. I expect he will be Madrid bound next summer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Thank God its back to club football this weekend.
    Couldn't bare another barren week with meaningless international games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

shano_88 wrote: »
    Not too pushed on Benzema. Not doubting his quality but he seems to have an Arshavin-esque attitude and that is the last thing we need.

Suarez would still be the best possible signing for up top. I expect he will be Madrid bound next summer though.

I still think Higuain should have been our man last summer. Not sure if we could have bought both him and Ozil but nonetheless, Higuain would have been great for us.

Thank God its back to club football this weekend.
    Couldn't bare another barren week with meaningless international games.

Amen to that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Just read Lewandowski's interview, if he's not going to Bayern we should make him our number one target in January. Massive talent, and it would make a huge statement if we're still in the title mix then, which we should be really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

He's also good mates with Woj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Woj starts for Poland against England tonight, lets hope he breaks some English hearts!

Ramsey captains Wales

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

AdamD wrote: »
    Woj starts for Poland against England tonight, lets hope he breaks some English hearts!

Ramsey captains Wales
    On the other hand if he drops a clanger the English press will go to town on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ozil with a goal and an assist tonight and he is ours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Ozil goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Maire2009 wrote: »

Ozil goal

****, Özil off injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Fúck, shít and bollóx

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Why was he still on the pitch, ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Did it look bad? Read there it looked more like a pre cautionary move?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Did it look bad? Read there it looked more like a pre cautionary move?

It didn't look bad, Ollson was slightly ahead of him running and the back of his heel caught him in the knee. He pulled up and sat on the field before being subbed. He was able to walk off but went straight down the tunnel.

jester77 wrote: »
    It didn't look bad, Ollson was slightly ahead of him running and the back of his heel caught him in the knee. He pulled up and sat on the field before being subbed. He was able to walk off but went straight down the tunnel.

Fingers crossed it nothing serious :(.

Ramsey scored again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I just badly wanted to see Ozil and Santi playing together and the wait has been long enough, please let him be ok!

• Advertisement

Not Arsenal but James McCarthy :o

mcarthydunne.gif

Rambo goal:

Giroud scored as well I believe.

Update on Mesut:
    "Ozil Update: He suffered a 'bruised knee' and receiving treatment from Germany's doctors, according to Bild. #afc #arsenal."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

A bruised knee?

Out for 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

FearDark wrote: »
    A bruised knee?

Out for 6 months.

We should be able to beat Norwich at home without him (famous last words)

grrrr i'm heading over to the game on saturday i was hoping to see Ozil!

• Advertisement

bad2dabone wrote: »
    grrrr i'm heading over to the game on saturday i was hoping to see Ozil!

Bild are reporting he should be fine to play the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

It's seemingly just cramp.
    I'd say he'll be ready for Norwich.

Bild are reporting he should be fine to play the weekend.

Yaaahhhooooooo :D:D

Ozil---Santi

#cumface

wow-cool.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

4OWJM.gif

So which of the injured players are back for the weekend lads?

Ozil, Santi, Theo all good for the weekend apparently - An attack of:

Ramsey
    Arteta

Walcott
    Ozil
    Cazorla

Giroud

Words are useless at this point, I would make naughty orgasm jokes but I'm a lady :p I'm so happy I want to cry if those players click. And oh, just have to wheel Wilshere, Flamini and Rosicky off the bench.

Sherlock.gif

I'd like to see Flamini to start ahead of Arteta.

Nice pass Rambo, you gotta love a decent assist-assist

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement