Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

FearDark wrote: »
    I'd like to see Flamini to start ahead of Arteta.

Actually yeah don't we need him to pick up a tactical yellow so he won't miss some of the bigger games coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

I'd like to see Flamini to start ahead of Arteta.

Norwich at home?

Id be starting Arteta everytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

shano_88 wrote: »
    Norwich at home?

Id be starting Arteta everytime.
    I think they'lo both start. They will be fresh having not travelled on international duty. I'd be surprised to see any of the players returning from injury starting on Sat. I imagine they' ll be on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

greendom wrote: »
    I think they'lo both start. They will be fresh having not travelled on international duty. I'd be surprised to see any of the players returning from injury starting on Sat. I imagine they' ll be on the bench.

That is possible. Think we need some width though. Gnabry could be in line for a start. Wouldnt be too happy with Rosicky and Ramsey out on the wings again.

We have a big game against Dortmund midweek so hopefully Cazorla and Walcott will be back for that.

I keep changing my mind about how offensive to go but for a fixture like this weekend I'd like to say "**** it", play either Flamini or Arteta as the 1 in a 4-1-5 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Is this our first match this season were not on telly? Or was the stoke one not on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's Norwich, we dont need to play both Flamini and Arteta.

I'd go with:

Arteta

Ramsey
    Rosicky

Walcott
    Gnabry

Giroud

Assuming fitness.

Flamini, Wilshere and Ozil on the bench with Dortmund in mind. Palace next weekend means Dortmund is the toughie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Is Rosicky fit as well? We really do have an embarrassment of riches in the midfield department, its picking the ones to start that is the problem, albeit a good problem :D Should we be thinking of giving Ozil (especially after that knock he picked up against Sweden) and Ramsey a bit of a rest on Saturday? I would go with Flamini, Arteta and Wilshere in the middle with Cazorla and Rosicky on the flanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Is this our first match this season were not on telly? Or was the stoke one not on?

yeah this is the first, stoke was on sky

the next 9 up until the end of november are on

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    yeah this is the first, stoke was on sky

the next 9 up until the end of november are on

december

hull (H) on the 4th is the only one out of 7 that won't be on either

there's a possible C1Cup game too which has a good chance of being shown

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

pretty sure our first game of the season wasnt on TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Indeed it was lad, I couldnt finish my sparkling water the result was so bad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I can't remember if it was on TV or not because I'm a stream man but by god did it make me sick! I'll have a list of Arsenal streams on Saturday morning so anyone can PM me for them.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Is Rosicky fit as well? We really do have an embarrassment of riches in the midfield department, its picking the ones to start that is the problem, albeit a good problem :D Should we be thinking of giving Ozil (especially after that knock he picked up against Sweden) and Ramsey a bit of a rest on Saturday? I would go with Flamini, Arteta and Wilshere in the middle with Cazorla and Rosicky on the flanks.

The thing with midfield is that I wish Wenger would be willing to change during a match. There's been plenty of times when the midfield just doesn't work and a change at half time or earlier even looks like it could be a plan.

The thing with midfield is that I wish Wenger would be willing to change during a match. There's been plenty of times when the midfield just doesn't work and a change at half time or earlier even looks like it could be a plan.

More times than not we haven't had anyone to come on bar youngsters. We have plenty of options now and I'd be very interested to see how Wenger reacts to that.

• Advertisement

There was definitely one league game that wasn't on, I think it was fulham away

There was definitely one league game that wasn't on, I think it was fulham away

fulham was on BT

villa & sunderland is the only ones that were 3pm sat. matches so maybe one of them, the rest were definitely on tv going by memory/the time of KO

west brom in the C1Cup is the only one i can think of

maybe you missed it because you were at the gym with the other two girls :pac:

*Drops dumbbell*

Sir. I do not appreciate your tone.

fulham was on BT

villa & sunderland is the only ones that were 3pm sat. matches so maybe one of them, the rest were definitely on tv going by memory/the time of KO

west brom in the C1Cup is the only one i can think of

Ehhh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

More times than not we haven't had anyone to come on bar youngsters. We have plenty of options now and I'd be very interested to see how Wenger reacts to that.

Yup. Nearly every time we've played this season, our attacking options from the bench have been a single CMF or sticking on Monreal to move Gibbs forward. It's actually quite impressive that we are where we are.

Personally the option I'm most excited about is that we can play Ozil instead of Walcott on the RW. I like Walcott but a good LB sitting deep can pretty much nullify him. Ozil gives us a totally different option there which we've been missing for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Walcotts also so useful as his pace forces the LB to stay back to avoid having him leg it into space behind. It’ll be great to have him and ozil as options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah best to start Flamini and let him pick up a yellow. That way he misses Crystal Palace instead of Chelsea or possibly Pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Walcotts also so useful as his pace forces the LB to stay back to avoid having him leg it into space behind. It’ll be great to have him and ozil as options

Ozil was finding Walcott with every pass the first game he played. Walcott could have had 2 or 3 goals that day. Exciting to see what the two of them can do. If walcott improves his finishing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

jonny666 wrote: »
    Ozil was finding Walcott with every pass the first game he played. Walcott could have had 2 or 3 goals that day. Exciting to see what the two of them can do. If walcott improves his finishing
    Ozil to walcott will be the new bergkamp to ljugnberg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

So I have to leave China. Only game I havent seen at mybuddies bar was villa. So if we dont win the league I blame the Chinese Government

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Wenger to sign a new two year deal in the next fortnight according to the sports report on the radio there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

bad2dabone wrote: »

Absolutely. He's great at forcing gaps in a defence and then you can just hit any random punt in behind and you know he'll be first to it.

He's our primary weapon but on his off days or when we're playing a team with basically 8 people defending, it's great to have another trickster to call on.

Wenger to sign a new two year deal in the next fortnight according to the sports report on the radio there.

Woohoo. Now another 40 million signing in Jan please.

Oh to be a ...

I'm very happy that Football is back this weekend! Thank f*ck the internationals are over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ozil to walcott will be the new bergkamp to ljugnberg

If Walcott could become a bit more consistant, he will flourish with Ozil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

It stands to reason that Walcott will get a ****load of chances as him and ozil click; by them clicking I mean Walcott controlling the perfect-through balls Ozil plays to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

It stands to reason that Walcott will get a ****load of chances as him and ozil click; by them clicking I mean Walcott controlling the perfect-through balls Ozil plays to him.

That could be an issue :pac:

Anything interesting from the AGM today?

there was a question about what can be done about people who sit in the front rows not getting wet :pac:

In fairness to theo he scored some important goals last year, this year he hasn’t hit form yet, hopefully when he’s back in the team he can relax and score a few,
    He’s a good finisher usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,460 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There was a protest about the price of tickets at the Emirates AGM today too.
    Not surprised. Dearest in the league.

Ozil, Cazorla and Sagna should be fit for the weekend.
    Walcott is two weeks away. From Wenger today according to SSN.

Ozil, Cazorla and Sagna should be fit for the weekend.
    Walcott is two weeks away. From Wenger today according to SSN.

I heard that Sagna is 80% fit and Cazorla not match fit - both on bench I imagine. Rosicky is fully fit though

• Advertisement

I heard that Sagna is 80% fit and Cazorla not match fit - both on bench I imagine. Rosicky is fully fit though

I read quotes from Wenger earlier saying he hasn't decided whether Ozil and Cazorla will start.

there was a question about what can be done about people who sit in the front rows not getting wet :pac:

Happy days so!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Usmanov's Red & White bought 6 shares to take stake in the club over 30%. He now own 18,671 shares

wonga77 wrote: »
    Usmanov's Red & White bought 6 shares to take stake in the club over 30%. He now own 18,671 shares

I thought if one investor buy's more than 30% there was some significance attached?

I thought if one investor buy's more than 30% there was some significance attached?

He has to make an offer to purchase all shares

He has to make an offer to purchase all shares

That what I thought alright, thanks :). I'd imagine any offer he makes will be cast off fairly sharpish unless he goes in with a ridiculous offer.

• Advertisement

Hey brah's, just back from the gym, what did I miss brah's?

/sips protein shake

/sips protein shake

a nice cup of tea and some chocolate biscuits ;)

/sips protein shake

Fair City :D

So did I thankfully.

a nice cup of tea and some chocolate biscuits ;)

We need a forum... we need an off topic thread.

If the Sp*rs people have one so should we.

/sips protein shake

Making all kinds of gainzzzzz I'm sure :D.

Have kinda protein Ice cream freezing as we speak :).

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement