Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Getting a bit scary now. It's taking too long to finalize this deal. Something wrong I fear. Is there a third party sticking their oar in?

This is the biggest deal Arsenal have ever done by a country mile. We will have lawyers reading and re-reading the contract making sure everything is perfect. It will be done.
    They are prob just making sure there is no Suarez type clauses in the contract. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Is nobody worried about Ozil? been out for a few hours, why are we so certain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

You'd be a ****ing nightmare to watch The X-Factor with.

Yeah. I'd keep punching you in the arm till you turned it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Quazzie wrote: »
    Did you skip my post on purpose. Back up your bullshít. Name three strikers of the same quality of RvP that we could've bought?

jackson Martinez Porto

Karim Benzema Real Madrid

Stephen El Shaarway Ac Milian

there you go smarty pants. Don't say they be hard to get.

Not the quality of RVP but top quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

dvemail wrote: »
    This is the biggest deal Arsenal have ever done by a country mile. We will have lawyers reading and re-reading the contract making sure everything is perfect. It will be done.
    They are prob just making sure there is no Suarez type clauses in the contract. :D

Lawyers are used to this kind of thing and would have all that kind of work done in an hour. I fear there is some other problem as this is going on since early morning.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    I get that we're just different types of supporters and we've gotten into heated discussions way too much over the summer, but i wish you just wouldn't focus on the lack of a backup to Giroud as opposed to the fact we just signed Ozil.

Ozil!!!

This is faith rewarded and patience justified. This is years of signing nobody and losing our best players.

The fact that we just smashed our transfer record and are about to pay someone 200kpw is the last 10 years of financial prudence paying off.

The club can now afford to, and it seems intend to, compete for the best players to put us right at the top.

But we're not an oil club. We can't just sign a new squad like Chelsea or City did.

My advice from here on in is to be a bit more patient and enjoy the good times for as long as they last. if we don't sign anyone now, just cross your fingers and hope nothing happens to Giroud.

If it does, Janurary should at least be interesting

All the worry about the new owners, all the talk of Wenger never intending to spend really, of it being smoke and mirrors. The evidence of our targets this summer and the amount we're about to splash on Ozil would suggest the club will spend, but spend wisely.
    See, referring to right now as "the good times" suggests a massive lack of ambition to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Looper007 wrote: »
    jackson Martinez Porto

None of those are the same level or even gettable. You forgot Lambert from that list also along with Downing and Shelvey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

benzema is a favorite of Perez, Real's remaining striker is Morata. He's also not interested in moving. He'd only be available if they got suarez.
    he's off the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

jackson Martinez Porto

For a start, none of them are in the same league as RvP. You seriously class Martinez as good as Van Persie. Jeez.

Benzema was enquired about and we couldn't get him. My own opinion on this is that we were used a leverage tool in a bid for him to get a better contract.

I also wouldn't class El Shaarway as being as good as RvP and I think he would struggle in the EPL. You want us to spend massive money on a striker to sit on the bench, or is Giroud on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

I wonder why its taking so long to finish this deal. I'll be sick if we don't get him now....

• Advertisement

TheGunns wrote: »
    None of those are the same level or even gettable. You forgot Lambert from that list also along with Downing and Shelvey

Would improve us, so you are putting those players in the same league as the three I mention. Jesus :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

TheGunns wrote: »

El Sharaawy would be gettable at the right price. Not this feckin late though.

jackson Martinez Porto

Not the quality of RVP but top quality

Jackson Martinez - OK scores lots in Portugal but played in Mexico till he was 25. How good is he really. Would you not trust the scouts of the big clubs on this one and say that the fact he's still in Porto means something?

Benzema - unavailable

Shaarway - a winger who's scored 18 goals at Milan, over 2 years in 60 something matches. Plus he has a stupid fcuking haircut.

If you're looking at RVP type players, there's only one guy on that list who has a hope of coming close and we were supposed to have been in for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Fulham's German defender Sascha Riether:

"Welcome to London Mesut Ozil."

For a start, none of them are in the same league as RvP. You seriously class Martinez as good as Van Persie. Jeez.

Benzema was enquired about and we couldn't get him. My own opinion on this is that we were used a leverage tool in a bid for him to get a better contract.

I also wouldn't class El Shaarway as being as good as RvP and I think he would struggle in the EPL. You want us to spend massive money on a striker to sit on the bench, or is Giroud on the bench?

Martinez and El Shaarway are young lads and will improve greatly under Wenger. How do you know they won't end up like Van persie. No one knows but they are talents and signing one of those would be amazing. Van persie didn't turn world class over night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

shano_88 wrote: »
    I wonder why its taking so long to finish this deal. I'll be sick if we don't get him now....

It's probably done ages ago. You know how secretive we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Athletico Madrid have signed that DMF from st etienne that we were linked with.. Name escapes me

Unrelated, but what is with all these absolute gimps hanging around the reporters? Feel sorry for the reporters having to interact with these cretins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Fear we are gonna be left holding our dicks !

See, referring to right now as "the good times" suggests a massive lack of ambition to me.

No I'm talking about the future if we're trying to sign 40-50 million players every window.

That's kind of the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Would improve us, so you are putting those players in the same league as the three I mention. Jesus :rolleyes:

You are undoubtedly the most aptly named poster on here ;)

• Advertisement

Martinez and El Shaarway are young lads and will improve greatly under Wenger. How do you know they won't end up like Van persie. No one knows but they are talents and signing one of those would be amazing. Van persie didn't turn world class over night.

Martinez is 26.

I really honestly truly would love us to sign El Shaarway right now.

Simply because I'd bet any money you'd start posting about how ridiculous it is that Szcz is still first choice.

Anyone else worried that Ozil is waiting for Utd interest? Esp if Herrera and Fellaini fall through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Yes !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Anyone else worried that Ozil is waiting for Utd interest? Esp if Herrera and Fellaini fall through.

nah.

nobody wants to play for moyes. :cool:

Jackson Martinez - OK scores lots in Portugal but played in Mexico till he was 25. How good is he really. Would you not trust the scouts of the big clubs on this one and say that the fact he's still in Porto means something?

Benzema - unavailable

Shaarway - a winger who's scored 18 goals at Milan, over 2 years in 60 something matches. Plus he has a stupid fcuking haircut.

If you're looking at RVP type players, there's only one guy on that list who has a hope of coming close and we were supposed to have been in for him.

Wasn't Giroud was playing low level French football until he was 24, now most of you think he's a top player. Let's not brush Martinez aside he would be a good buy.

Shaarway is a talent stupid haircut and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

So you're now looking for a future prospect and not the 30 a season RvP replacement you first stated. How do you know Sanogo isn't that player.

blingrhino wrote: »
    Fear we are gonna be left holding our dicks !

I hope you are wrong I really do.

If you are right I'll be the first person here calling for Wenger to go.

As it stands though it looks like we have Ozil, thats enough to keep us going until January and who knows we could buy a striker then.

Martinez is 26.

I really honestly truly would love us to sign El Shaarway right now.

Simply because I'd bet any money you'd start posting about how ridiculous it is that Szcz is still first choice.

I like Szcz no problem with him.

I want a Striker, that's all is that too much to ask for. We need one.

No I'm talking about the future if we're trying to sign 40-50 million players every window.

That's kind of the point.

So the good times are just down the road is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

One hour to go. This is not going to go quickly.

So you're now looking for a future prospect and not the 30 a season RvP replacement you first stated. How do you know Sanogo isn't that player.

Those guys have proved themselves on the champion league level and have scored goals. Sanogo, I don't like what I saw during the summer with France or when he was on the field. I wish him the best but he shouldn't be on our bench right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

If Giroud gets injured in our next game we have Walcott to lead the line. I don't think that's acceptable, to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

9 pages in just under 4 hours!! :eek:

keano_afc wrote: »
    If Giroud gets injured in our next game we have Walcott to lead the line. I don't think that's acceptable, to be honest.

We have Sanogo, we be fine :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Those guys have proved themselves on the champion league level and have scored goals. Sanogo, I don't like what I saw during the summer with France or when he was on the field. I wish him the best but he shouldn't be on our bench right now.

You mean when he was Frances top scorer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Samuel ‏@samuelj29060 1h Spanish football federation confirm Mesut Özil is no longer a La Liga player. ( @fredhermel )

He's gone at least.

@wayneveysey: Arsenal striker twist: Told AFC are working on a new deal for a forward. Unlikely but not impossible.

You mean when he was Frances top scorer?

With the amount of chances they gave him he could have doubled that. He was falling over the ball, miss kicking things. As I said I wish him the best of luck and I hope he proves me wrong but he shouldn't be anywhere near our first team yet.

Thow 50m at Liverpool for Suarez and see what sticks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

SIGN the feckin contract NOOOOWWWW>

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

55 minutes. This is all very hard to take :o

With the amount of chances they gave him he could have doubled that. He was falling over the ball, miss kicking things. As I said I wish him the best of luck and I hope he proves me wrong but he shouldn't be anywhere near our first team yet.

I reckon as gosplan said you just like moaning, we could sign Suarez, Benzema and Ronaldo and you would still find a reason to give out about something.

So the good times are just down the road is it?

YES.

Good - adding Ozil

Bad - selling Fabregas

That's kind of how i see it. Am I crazy?

@wayneveysey: Arsenal striker twist: Told AFC are working on a new deal for a forward. Unlikely but not impossible.

Hope this is true, would be as an important a signing as Ozil for me. Here's hoping it's someone of quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Herrera move to Man Utd off according to ssn. :mad:

Boateng on facebook

Jérôme Boateng Official

Alles Gute beim FC Arsenal Mesut Özil

To many German players have said similar today for it not to happen I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Imagine united tacked a 50 million bid for ozil now!

YES.

Good - adding Ozil

Bad - selling Fabregas

That's kind of how i see it. Am I crazy?

Not sure about crazy, making little sense though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

No objection on that but do we need a class striker 5 years down the road or right now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement