Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wonder how he'd do as a scout? It'd be hard to take him seriously as a coach considering how often he is injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

here's a story on it
    Arsenal's Abou Diaby to undergo cruciate knee ligament surgery and is out until next March
    18 Oct 2013 22:30
    The French midfielder has been out since last March but Arsene Wenger insists he could get another chance

Abou Diaby has suffered a new injury blow which will keep him out until March.

Diaby has undergone more surgery on his cruciate knee ligament after a setback in his recovery from the injury.

Arsenal midfielder Diaby, 27, suffered the injury in March and is now facing 12 months on the sidelines which is another hammer blow for the French international whose career has been dogged by injuries.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger said: "He had a little key hole surgery again, on the the knee because his knee blew up every time he did something so it is now six months after the cruciate.

"He could not even jog yet so with new surgery it is a set back for him so competitive football cannot be played before March."

It was widely expected to be the last season of Diaby's career at Arsenal but Wenger insists that he may get another chance.

Wenger added: "He has one and a half years to go on his contract."

Wenger expects Lukas Podolski to be back by the end of November, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to return in December and Yaya Sanogo "could be the earliest one which could be mid-November."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenals-abou-diaby-undergo-cruciate-2467081#ixzz2i7EY96SU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Jeez thats awful news. Surely its the finishing of him as a player at any level, setback after setback, his body obviously just isnt up to it. Its such a shame as he had the quality to be a top top player but common sense has to prevail here

batistuta9 wrote: »

Christ you'd have to feel for Diaby at this stage. You can talk about money all day long but money means naff all when all you want to do is get out there on the pitch.

If money kept everyone happy then Gary Speed would probably be still alive

wonga77 wrote: »
    Jeez thats awful news. Surely its the finishing of him as a player at any level, setback after setback, his body obviously just isnt up to it. Its such a shame as he had the quality to be a top top player but common sense has to prevail here

If there is any justice in the world Diaby will get a crack at the top before his career is out. I believe its a real indicator of Wenger's loyalty that he has stuck by him this long and probably a further indicator that Diaby is doing all he can to get himself fit (perhaps too much even)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I hope Diaby isn't on full wages.

Lads, will Ramsey play tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jasus that's shocking about Diaby poor fcuker just ain't cut out for it.

Lads, will Ramsey play tomorrow?

I wouldn't think so every report I read on him during the week said how he had a great first half for Wales but faded badly in the second half because he looked jaded. A rest could do him good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

We on live today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

We on live today?

Nay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

FearDark wrote: »

Personally I'd hope he does well out of the next year and a half cause he's finished after that you'd imagine.

We don't need to be penny pinching right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

If anybody is around London today going to the match, let me know if they want to meet up for a pint, I moved over here last month and have use of a season ticket, same goes for Dortmund on Tuesday, I remember somebody here saying they were going, let me know if ya want to meet up va PM or whatever.

Be great to get things going after interlull with a win, a serious step forward. Can't wait to see our midfield in the flesh today. Cmon you gooooners

Ok lads I have a list of streams for today's game now, please please please install google chrome and addblock because anything else will melt your head. P.M for details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

FearDark wrote: »

I'm sure Arsenal have insurance for this kind of thing.

A bit heartless IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Woj
    Sagna Mert Kosc Gibbs
    Flamini Arteta
    Wilshere Ozil Cazorla
    Giroud

is our team today, could be tasty IF it clicks like the Napoli game, need a lot of movement out of the 3 behind Giroud.

efb wrote: »
    I'm sure Arsenal have insurance for this kind of thing.

A bit heartless IMHO

I was gonna say "at this stage it's ridiculous" but that would be silly, it was ridiculous a long time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,460 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Going to do a bit of cooking today if anyone can help out please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I was gonna say "at this stage it's ridiculous" but that would be silly, it was ridiculous a long time ago.

Which?

The fact that he's injured again or the fact that Wenger's stuck with him,

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    Which?

The fact that he's injured again or the fact that Wenger's stuck with him,

At some point you've got to cut your losses. Heartless but your boss wouldn't pay you if you had missed years of work.

As FearDark said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I'M WET.

THAT IS ALL :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ozil... We love you

tumblr_mu0cn7PNYu1svcidyo1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Arsenal are properly enjoyable to watch again, and it's great :D

8PgruWl.gif

We looked a bit suspect at 2 -- 1 though. We will improve on this too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Wow

75182966327c215bbe1cb06e0502c950_large

I don't really mind that we didn't keep a clean sheet tbh.

And Wilshere started that whole move from our own box too.

• Advertisement

That will be shown over and over for years to come. Just a brilliant t-e-a-m goal.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We looked a bit suspect at 2 -- 1 though. We will improve on this too.

we did indeed, but the team responded well to the dodgy period. This time last year I would have been terrified we would end up conceding a second after they got one back, hell I would have expected it. Not anymore though, the team are looking more and more like the real deal. Feeling more and more confident about the bigger games on the horizon now.

Have never seen Wilshere take as many shots as he did today. Seeing what Ramsey is doing could do wonders for his game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Streams let me down today, hopefully arsenal is the football focus game at 8

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Walking back from the match home. What can I say? If you haven't seen the goals you are in for a treat. Jack's and Ramsay' are things of beauties.

Crowd was pretty subdued for much of the match but the whole stadium joined in at the end:

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

Streams let me down today, hopefully arsenal is the football focus game at 8

Chelsea match at 8 it seems. Red button at 10 for the Arsenal match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Noo

Pudders wrote: »
    Walking back from the match home. What can I say? If you haven't seen the goals you are in for a treat. Jack's and Ramsay' are things of beauties.

Crowd was pretty subdued for much of the match but the whole stadium joined in at the end:

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

From what I could hear (albeit from some dodgey stream) was the crowd getting behind the team after the conceded the goal, I hope I was hearing it right because that says it all really...its been missing the last few seasons.

Love this place after a game like that

Noo wrote: »
    From what I could hear (albeit from some dodgey stream) was the crowd getting behind the team after the conceded the goal, I hope I was hearing it right because that says it all really...its been missing the last few seasons.

They need more pitch-side microphones at the Emirates to add to the atmosphere. Poor crowd sound on the t.v.

When the replay of the first goal was being shown to the crowd at the Emirates you can hear an audible gasp followed by a massive "ooooh"!!

Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

• Advertisement

Win this Tuesday and we can pretty much focus on the league til January.

Next three league games are:
    Palace (A)
    Liverpool (H)
    United (A)
    If we can take a minimum of 7 there i would be delighted.

Along with them we have Dortmund twice, i would take two draws which have us almost there or even one win and one loss. Then Chelsea in the cup, hopefully we win but not end of world if we dont. Come out strong after that and we look very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

I'm not an Arsenal fan but I have to say I would not begrudge them If they win the title.
    Back there manager to the tilt and play great football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

From watching Pool today, we really should have no trouble beating them at ours. Their defence looks poor, and their midfield is mediocre. Just need to stop the two boys up front scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

From watching Pool today, we really should have no trouble beating them at ours. Their defence looks poor, and their midfield is mediocre. Just need to stop the two boys up front scoring.

It was probably our worst game in ages and not a barometer for us but if we play like that against ye we'll be humiliated for sure but we should have a full strength squad to chose from by then with no international hangover.
    I must say yeve done superbly so far and its good to see arsenal do well as ye are a great team to watch, Ozil is a god of a midfielder. Should be a good game in a fortnight.

klose wrote: »
    It was probably our worst game in ages and not a barometer for us but if we play like that against ye we'll be humiliated for sure but we should have a full strength squad to chose from by then with no international hangover.
    I must say yeve done superbly so far and its good to see arsenal do well as ye are a great team to watch, Ozil is a god of a midfielder. Should be a good game in a fortnight.

Suarez vs Ozil, the mouth waters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hehe Ozil as captain of my FF team earned me 24 points today with Ramsey and Giroud adding 9 and 8 respectively before any bonus points :)

Add that to a very strong contender for goal of the season, a good win, top of the league and a couple of our rivals dropping points and things are very good indeed. Its good to be a Gooner ;)

gandalf wrote: »
    Hehe Ozil as captain of my FF team earned me 24 points today with Ramsey and Giroud adding 9 and 8 respectively before any bonus points :)

Stupid me had Ramsey, Ozil and Giroud and captained Lukaku. Idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Nice graph of the Wilshere goal, some great movement.

article-2467115-18D8362A00000578-621_634x407.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Santi was a little loose with some of his passing today. Hopefully just rustiness!

Bendtner looked ok when he came on. Some good passing and movement

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement