Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Just smiling to myself here sipping on a beer thinking how well were playing at tye minute and long may it continue. Live this club, just the ways it run so classy we are.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

iKYXXFDEKJi17.gif

He has been unreal this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

Remember during the height of the Wenger out phases in recent years how it wasn't that uncommon for some to suggest David Moyes as Wenger's replacement?:P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

FearDark wrote: »
    Stupid me had Ramsey, Ozil and Giroud and captained Lukaku. Idiot.

I dropped Ozil for Ramsey, had Giroud up front and Kosc at the back. I also stupidly made Lukaku captian though :mad:

Will be ditching kosc after another clean sheet thrown away, might take a points hit to get Ozil back in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

AdamD wrote: »
    Ramseys goal

He has been unreal this season

3 defenders on the ground. Only topped by Girouds involvement in Wilsheres goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

How was Bendtner while he was on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Is there no npremier soccer saturday evenings on rte any more lads? Ive no sky at the moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Is there no npremier soccer saturday evenings on rte any more lads? Ive no sky at the moment

Nope.

I can send u a link to watch MOTD tonight if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

No. That's finished I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

How was Bendtner while he was on?

Actually decent enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Nope.

I can send u a link to watch MOTD tonight if you want.

You can do mate what time is it on at?

Shame its over eventhough they talked alot of poo it was handy enough to throw on or down the pub to watch the days action

RAMSAY.gif

so much man love right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Lionel Ramsey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Palace next weekend is massive now. Liverpool, United and the high flying Southampton follow. Three tough games and if we can come out of it with at least seven points, we'll be in a great position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,463 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Palace next weekend is massive now. Liverpool, United and the high flying Southampton follow. Three tough games and if we can come out of it with at least seven points, we'll be in a great position.

We can win all of those games and should do if playing up to scratch.

• Advertisement

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Actually decent enough!

+1 and forced the keeper into a fantastic save as well as getting involved. I get the impression though Bendys motivation is only as high as the teams performance any given week

My take on Bendy is he's said "jaysus these lads are properly good this season, if i hang onto their coat tails it'll do me good looking for a new team next season"
    which it will, he was chunky at the start of the season and in dreadful condition for a pro athlete, but as the pic here in this article shows he's worked hard:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2455051/Denmark-2-Italy-2-Arsenals-Nicklas-Bendtner-Southamptons-Daniel-Osvaldo-score.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

We can win all of those games and should do if playing up to scratch.
    If united keep playing the way they are we will tear them apart. liverpool we can control in midfield but need to be careful at the back.

Sothampton are playing well and will be a test.

Hopefully theo back to offer a different type of threat too

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

I'm not an Arsenal fan but I have to say I would not begrudge them If they win the title.
    Back there manager to the tilt and play great football.

Yeah lads,if Arsenal played the football like they played today i wouldn't begrudge them either. Playing the best football in the league atm and the goals today were unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Big big couple of weeks coming up feet still firmly on the ground lets see what the next 6 weeks throws up

• Advertisement

Just seen phil thompson said we had too many in the middle and tried too many 1-2's today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Actually decent enough!

Bendtner's a good player. Not title challenging standard, but a good player nonetheless. I wish we still had him at Sunderland.

Paully D wrote: »
    Bendtner's a good player. Not title challenging standard, but a good player nonetheless. I wish we still had him at Sunderland.

Messi
    Ronaldo
    Bendtner

tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,463 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just seen phil thompson said we had too many in the middle and tried too many 1-2's today

All those auld Liverpool lads are still very annoyed about '89. Begrudger like Hanson, Houghton, Whelan etc etc. Never a good word to say about Arsenal.

Phil Thompson is very much anti-Arsenal... and a clown of a man.

Phil Thompson is very much anti-Arsenal... and a clown of a man.

Yeah I know . I left these out by mistake:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Was in the Liverpool thread to say well done Suarez today he's a great player etc and was promptly told to "let go any ideas of getting Suarez"... Asked where I said that and quoted me from the summer when I said we should bid for him lol, pathetic stuff! Lesson learned. I'll have the last laugh when we inevitably finish ahead of them again at the end of the season and all next year when they're in the Europa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Big big couple of weeks coming up feet still firmly on the ground lets see what the next 6 weeks throws up

I'm an inch off the ground! I was impressed with the way we responded to their goal. We seem to be able to step up the gears when we need to. Also in the first half we were winning the ball back very well. Better then I've seen us in a while.

The next few weeks will really tell. I think we will beat Liverpool. Suarez and sturridge are lethal and they will cause us loads of problems but their midfield and defense isn't great and I think we will edge them out. If utd are playing anything like they are atm we should win too but they are more then capable of putting in a performance.

The signs are good tho and we couldn't be playing Dortmund at a better time I think. We have a few options off the bench, are playing well and we are on a good run. I'm confident!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭ronjo

Was in the Liverpool thread to say well done Suarez today he's a great player etc and was promptly told to "let go any ideas of getting Suarez"... Asked where I said that and quoted me from the summer when I said we should bid for him lol, pathetic stuff! Lesson learned. I'll have the last laugh when we inevitably finish ahead of them again at the end of the season and all next year when they're in the Europa.

Any real need to come back here and post this?
    There was enough baiting with Liverpool fans in the summer. Absolutely no need to start it again

That poster in particular would be one to ignore

• Advertisement

...and took quotes WAY WAY out of context and pulled them from the middle of sentences too I might add. Duely noted.

agreed. a total arsenal hater. and thats the nicest thing i can think of to say.

That run from Ramsey was ridiculous

Zidane you say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Lads that was glorious in HD on MOTD.

There should be a rule- you can only show Arsenal in HD

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Genuinely think the Wilshere goal was one of the best team moves I've ever seen.

Here what ever happened to the last Welsh Wonder Winger...

Do you have the box? You should be able watch BBC its Free to Air on Sat

It's a real shame van persie left when he did. If he stayed patient a little longer he'd have this midfield feeding him, and could have been an arsenal legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

efb wrote: »
    Here what ever happened to the last Welsh Wonder Winger...

least i heard, Moyes is playing him on the wrong side ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Genuinely think the Wilshere goal was one of the best team moves I've ever seen.

I said it as soon as I seen it. It's up there with the best goals of all time. Every single pass was perfect and sublime in the build up.

I know thats a very bold statement to make, but to see a build up where every single pass is perfectly timed and executed is exceptional.

It's a real shame van persie left when he did. If he stayed patient a little longer he'd have this midfield feeding him, and could have been an arsenal legend.

I keep hearing this but fcuk him he bailed on us he don't deserve this midfield feeding him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

According to Goal.com he is whinging about Moyes training methods. If Uniteds demise continues we might be able to pick him up come Jan ;) We could offer them Bendtner as payment :D

(I have my tongue firmly planted in my cheek atm!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

I keep hearing this but fcuk him he bailed on us he don't deserve this midfield feeding him

indeed let him sit in a mid table club for a couple of seasons :pac:

Aaron Ramsey (Premier League): 5 goals this season (3rd highest), 40 tackles (highest), 556 passes (3rd).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Aaron Ramsey (Premier League): 5 goals this season (3rd highest), 40 tackles (highest), 556 passes (3rd).

Those feckers in Madrid will be after him next Summer if he continues this run just you watch or they'll discover he has Catalan DNA in Barca !!!!

• Advertisement

oh totally. I look at him now and his career will wind down and won't ever be classed as a legend of any club. he sold that legacy for 1 PL title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Noo

Ramsey is just unstoppable at the moment. The second the ball came to him in the box I was celebrating...he may have still had to dummy a few players but ya knew he was never gonna miss hes that on fire!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Those higlights today were amazing , here's hoping we can turn it on at Selhurst next week we've come undone a few times there despite them always been ****e

If united keep playing the way they are we will tear them apart. liverpool we can control in midfield but need to be careful at the back.

Sothampton are playing well and will be a test.

Hopefully theo back to offer a different type of threat too

My God.

How good would a reversal of the 8-2 feel?

Looks like I have a replacement on my Sky+ box for that Newcastle moment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement