Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Was saying it for ages that we needed a proper DMF player that is just there to break up opponents attacking play and people were saying the game has moved on and that a true DMF isnt needed. The difference Flamini makes to the team is scary, the minute he went off on Saturday Norwich had there best spell of the game and looked dangerous and we looked vulnerable. We talk about Ozil being a great signing but Flamini is every bit as good and is a vital player for the team.

+1,

You're spot on mate, I think since Gilberto left we didn't have proper DMF, Song was still learning his trade and when he looked business, he fecked off. Arteta is not a DMF, even though he has done a good job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

All these talk that we have to contain them, let's not forget tey have to contain us too we have so many options from midfield now they just can't sit on one player

The biggest thing ok looking forward to tonight is seen how we handle the high pressing game, every team we played so far this season was stand offish were Dortmund will press is hard and high up the field, with that in mind I would have played arteta/Ramsey anyway as they are better on the ball

I'm going for a 3-1 win for is with my main man Ramsey running the show again, they will press ozil so much that Ramsey will find the space and make them runs past giroud again. Think he will bag one again tonight

except Villa :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,467 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm fairly worried about tonight's game. I know we are playing well but this is also a make or break game for Dortmund. We will have to stay fully focused and stop conceding silly goals (Mert's poor clearance on Sat comes to mind). We are conceding some really soft goals.

A bright start is required to put them on the back foot early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Both teams will be on top at different stages of the game. It's who capitalises on those periods which will decide it.

We have become much more clinical in the moments we create lately so I am felling confident of a result tonight.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Think Flamini's influence is being overstated myself. Our form was just good with an Arteta/Ramsey midfield last season.

Looking forward to tonight's game. I don't really give a **** about CL games but it should be a good 'un anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Think Flamini's influence is being overstated myself. Our form was just good with an Arteta/Ramsey midfield last season.

Looking forward to tonight's game. I don't really give a **** about CL games but it should be a good 'un anyway.
    What? How? Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Heard Flamini is out. Is it serious injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

wonski wrote: »
    Heard Flamini is out. Is it serious injury?

Concussion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Fergie on Wenger
    On ‘soft’ Arsene Wenger:

‘Arsene’s softer centre in my later years reflected the players he brought to the club.

‘Samir Nasri becomes available, so he takes him. Rosicky becomes available, so Arsene takes him, because he’s his type of player. Arshavin becomes available, so in he comes.

‘When you acquire a lot of those players, they are almost clones. The team Arsene inherited gave him a head start in English football.’

Cheap shot in there at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The team he inherited finished 5th and 12th the two years before hand. I'd hardly class that as a head start.

Happy birthday Arsene you beautiful genius. How about 3 points to celebrate

1379248_10151798527517713_79683862_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Cesc's response to Fergie's pizza comments...

BXL7XY2IEAAz-5v.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

that's not fabregas

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Cesc is @cesc4official

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FearDark wrote: »

That's his Twitter account, his instagram one is http://instagram.com/cescf4bregas

Sir Alex had to apologise to RVP when he retired because he had assured him he would not leave - Mail online

Karma whoever said you were a bitch was wrong. I love you

What? How? Why?
    Group games in the CL do very little for me.

Group games in the CL do very little for me.
    I can get that a little although not when we are in a group this tough,

You are ok with champions league finals though right?

• Advertisement

Knock out stages are awesome. Well, last 16 and onwards anyway.

Why can't we defend counter-attacks? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Disappointing result :(, a bit unlucky with the result imo. But onwards and upwards hopefully we will get a Inter Milan, Bayern Munich , A.C Milan style return in the next game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Our first big test as some people like to put it and fail.

Let's hope it doesn't knock us into a bad run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If this was our first big test what was Napoli, utter bollocks that is.

Unlucky tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Dortmund just a bit more clever tonight. Disappointing but no shame losing to a team of their quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Heard that before the Napoli and Tottenham game aswell.

Definetly didnt deserve to lose tonight and was a decent performance. Gotta get something at Dortmund or Napoli now. Gonna be very tight.

Thought we at least deserved a draw tbh so gutted with that. Between us and Napoli for second but confident we will do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

That's very very harsh....

Top 3 in the group level on points and we still have to play both of the other 2 away. Gonna be tough and suddenly the whole run til Christmas looks very rough indeed.

• Advertisement

That's very very harsh....

Hence me saying as people like to say.

How is it harsh? Are we claiming some kind of moral victory tonight?

Another AVB style negative spiral would do nicely :D

But on a serious note its a huge kick in the guts to lose a game like that when we had pressed them so hard. Its a real lesson and and an eye opener. Beating Norwich or Fulham is one thing but Dortmund will punish any sloppiness or profligacy that the mid and lower Premiership teams wouldnt.
    We are a long way off being near a top side yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

So what were Napoli and spurs?

Will be avoiding this thread if you decide its going to be Arsenal bashing doom and gloom ****e because we lost a completely even game against last year's CL runners up.

Jaysus I'm just saying what some people have been saying.

It was our toughest test so far, I think i'm right when I say that.

But on a serious note its a huge kick in the guts to lose a game like that when we had pressed them so hard. Its a real lesson and and an eye opener. Beating Norwich or Fulham is one thing but Dortmund will punish any sloppiness or profligacy that the mid and lower Premiership teams wouldnt.
    Tonight reminded me of a lot of times last season. What did Arsenal create aside from Cazorla's shot? Possession and all are irrelevant against a side who are happy to let you keep the ball and good enough to hold you out and in the case of a team like Dortmund a team who will take any chance they're given.

AdamD wrote: »
    Will be avoiding this thread if you decide its going to be Arsenal bashing doom and gloom ****e because we lost a completely even game against last year's CL runners up.

Ah good old circle-jerk of thanks for you there. Pathetic the lot of yous tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Unlucky there, Dortmund a quality outfit, so we've lost the game, i'm sick about that, and the group is a lot harder as a result but if we DO wind up out of the CL it means at least that we can focus on our league games.

We're still a very good side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Tonight reminded me of a lot of times last season. What did Arsenal create aside from Cazorla's shot? Possession and all are irrelevant against a side who are happy to let you keep the ball and good enough to hold you out and in the case of a team like Dortmund a team who will take any chance they're given.

Rosicky's shot cleared off the line? As much as Dortmund did anyway it was a very even game shaded by Dortmund.

Jaysus I'm just saying what some people have been saying.

It was our toughest test so far, I think i'm right when I say that.

If we dont play Munich, we wont play a better team

Ah come on cop on will ya, were a long way of being top side?

FFS I suppose Spurs and Napoli were minnows?

Nor is it like they played us off the park we played well they played well on another night that game could have very easily gone another way and the next game in Dortmund could just as easily go in our favour.

Nor is it like they played us off the park we played well they played well on another night that game could have very easily gone another way and the next game in Dortmund could just as easily go in our favour.

Hopefully Walcott returns for it, even Giroud had the beating of their defenders for pace.
    Ah good old circle-jerk of thanks for you there. Pathetic the lot of yous tbh.
    Its not some circlejerk, its actually just a showing of how annoying people are finding your posts..

Im not dismissing our victories in those games but in comparison to Dortmund who are arguably one of the top 3 or 4 sides in Europe i believe we have a bit to go to catch up to their current standard. Its not unfair to say that is it? We were unlucky tonight but the bit of cuteness and homework won it for Dortmund i think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

no, but it's not all doom and gloom either. We can learn from that and improve, we have to learn from it and get better.

• Advertisement

Im not dismissing our victories in those games but in comparison to Dortmund who are arguably one of the top 3 or 4 sides in Europe i believe we have a bit to go to catch up to their current standard. Its not unfair to say that is it? We were unlucky tonight but the bit of cuteness and homework won it for Dortmund i think

I think it is unfair to say that though, we did show some naivety with Ramsey etc but that game tonight could really have gone either way. Rosciky shot or Cazorla shot etc and the result would have been very different.

I don't think they schooled us tonight far from it. Was just one them nights were it could have went either way.

If anything it shows how close we are to the top teams in Europe that we matched a Dortmund side.

Ah in fairness we had chances with Rosicky and Santi to name two but as i said, the real top top class teams only need one chance to punish sloppiness and profligacy. We are in the second tier amongst the CL elite and while there isnt a huge huge gulf to cover, Dortmund are probably in that top tier.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    no, but it's not all doom and gloom either. We can learn from that and improve, we have to learn from it and get better.

Where is the mother****ing doom and gloom? We lost, by any logical measure in sport losing is failure. We lost, we failed tonight, it's that bloody simple.
    Are we allowed to talk about future fixtures and prospects? Does anyone disagree with me that we have a very rough run til Christmas? If you agree with me then it's just all doom and gloom apparently!

I think it is unfair to say that though, we did show some naivety with Ramsey etc but that game tonight could really have gone either way. Rosciky shot or Cazorla shot etc and the result would have been very different.

I don't think they schooled us tonight far from it. Was just one them nights were it could have went either way.

If anything it shows how close we are to the top teams in Europe that we matched a Dortmund side.

Oh id agree we've closed the gap and yes we could have won it hence i said kick in the guts...but some of the players still have to rid themselves of that bit of naivety. Jack and Ramsey delayed on the ball tonight. Ozil didnt have the presence he should have either

Ah in fairness we had chances with Rosicky and Santi to name two but as i said, the real top top class teams only need one chance to punish sloppiness and profligacy. We are in the second tier amongst the CL elite and while there isnt a huge huge gulf to cover, Dortmund are probably in that top tier.
    We're still a couple of players off, as plenty said over the summer.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement