Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

grrr i just saw the Ox hanging out with KSI. There goes the Ox's career down the pan like frimpong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I always had a soft spot for Palace since they gave us one of the greatest English finishers ever in Ian Wright, lets hope Tony Puke-is doesnt take them over, a dinosaur of a manager who still thinks the game is in the 1970s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

grrr i just saw the Ox hanging out with KSI. There goes the Ox's career down the pan like frimpong

Is KSI a rapper or something? I'm out of touch :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Looks like Theo's, a bit tight for him.

EIther way, can you ask him where he got it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Cesc Fábregas: 'Arsenal is in my heart. I'd love to go back one day'
    In the first of a two-part interview, the Barcelona and Spain midfielder speaks of the club that gave him 'everything'

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/24/cesc-fabregas-arsenal-barcelona

interesting enough interview

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Cesc Fábregas: 'Arsenal is in my heart. I'd love to go back one day'
    In the first of a two-part interview, the Barcelona and Spain midfielder speaks of the club that gave him 'everything'

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/24/cesc-fabregas-arsenal-barcelona

interesting enough interview

That's a great interview. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Is KSI a rapper or something? I'm out of touch :o

worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

BT Sports are having a free weekend and the Arsenal match is on :D

Sky Guide Channel 413 (kick-off @12:45pm)

DON'T FORGET!

Only if you're in the UK :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    BT Sports are having a free weekend and the Arsenal match is on :D

Sky Guide Channel 413 (kick-off @12:45pm)

DON'T FORGET!

Only if you're in the UK :o

Ugh, working night shift tonight and tomorrow, 12.45 is such an awkward kick off time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Any word from the pre match press conference?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Any word from the pre match press conference?
    Flamini back, Jack has to have a test everyone else ok from midweek nobody else back

I fancy an easy 4 nil win tomorrow then sit back for the rest of the weekend and see which of our rivals drop points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I fancy an easy 4 nil win tomorrow then sit back for the rest of the weekend and see which of our rivals drop points

With our game Sunday ye can take it as a given ye'll be winning Tuesday night too.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    With our game Sunday ye can take it as a given ye'll be winning Tuesday night too.
    I think most of the players that play in that game wont be playing this weekend at all so probably not much of an advantage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I wouldn't be to sure. It's Arsenal and Wenger he never plays his best squad in the Carling Cup and to be honest I enjoy watching the Carling Cup games because usually it's a chance to see some of the reserves youths play.

But I wont be to bothered if we win or loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It will be very much a B team Wenger will put out. With Liverpool, Dortmund and Utd being the next 3 games he will be taking advantage of this week to give players a rest.

I'd nearly guess our team right now and wouldnt be far off what will line out.

Schwarzer
    Azp Luiz Cahill Bertrand
    Essien Mikel
    Willian Mata De Bruyne
    Ba

It'll be about 90% different from our team Sunday I reckon as none of the above apart from Cahill or Luiz will start on Sunday.

I'd say Wenger will go with something like this for Tuesday:

Fabianski
    Jenkinson Mert Vermaelen Nacho
    Arteta Ramsey
    Rosicky Wilshere Gnabry
    Bendtner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

I'd nearly guess our team right now and wouldnt be far off what will line out.

Schwarzer
    Azp Luiz Cahill Bertrand
    Essien Mikel
    Willian Mata De Bruyne
    Ba

It'll be about 90% different from our team Sunday I reckon as none of the above apart from Cahill or Luiz will start on Sunday.

Thats one hell of a second string side.

Hard to see how Arsenal will line out. Id hazard a guess at:
    Fabianski
    Jenkinson Sagna Verm Monreal
    Wilshere Arteta
    Gnabry Rosicky Ryo
    Bendtner

• Advertisement

I can't see Ramsey,Wilshere, Sagna starting to be honest. Might see Arteta.

Might see Cazorla though to help him get his fitness levels back up.

Perfect opportunity to play Wilshere in the middle imo.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Perfect opportunity to play Wilshere in the middle imo.

Him and Ramsey have been playing to much lately this is the perfect opportunity to rest both of them up.

Him and Ramsey have been playing to much lately this is the perfect opportunity to rest both of them up.

Wilshere probably wont play this weekend and only came off the bench in both the international games and hasnt been playing in his prefered position.

I do agree that Ramsey needs a rest though.

Ya we're blessed to have so many options really, we're lucky we can swap our starting XI and bring in such a strong second string if needs be.

Should be entertaining game one way or another.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Wilshere probably wont play this weekend and only came off the bench in both the international games and hasnt been playing in his prefered position.

I do agree that Ramsey needs a rest though.

Yea but the reason he mightn't be playing this weekend is because he has a knock ;), people need to have patience with Wilshere after all his long term injuries and his age there is no need to be overplaying him.

Rest him up and keep him for games that matter we have enough players out as it is no point risking him in a nothing match imo.

How has Chamakh been playing for Crystal Palace I haven't really been keeping tabs on him that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Gringo180 wrote: »
    How has Chamakh been playing for Crystal Palace I haven't really been keeping tabs on him that much?

No goals since the first day Vs Stoke.

I have to say it's nice to have a decent second string team of experienced players and youths together instead of playing 7 or 8 kids and then 2 or 3 from our first team like we have been doing for the CC for the last 10 years! I still think that Chelsea side is stronger though... It's going to be a tough one. I do fancy Bendtner to get on the scoresheet.

More of this please.

Anyway we have Crystal Palace before that. I fully expect us to rip them apart, they are an absolute shambells.

Heard on the Arsecast this morning that he has a 100% shot conversion rate.

1 shot on the first day of the season. 1 goal.

Hasn't had a shot at goal since.

Super player!

• Advertisement

FearDark wrote: »
    I have to say it's nice to have a decent second string team of experienced players and youths together instead of playing 7 or 8 kids and then 2 or 3 from our first team like we have been doing for the CC for the last 10 years! I still think that Chelsea side is stronger though... It's going to be a tough one. I do fancy Bendtner to get on the scoresheet.

More of this please.

Anyway we have Crystal Palace before that. I fully expect us to rip them apart, they are an absolute shambells.

Think we lost this one 4-1 so no more please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We shouldn't be dismissing Crystal Palace at all.
    We lost to s*** teams before and were 3 down to Bradford last year.
    Counting chickens is not preparing properly.

In fairness getting my hopes up for us thrashing Crystal Palace isn't going to affect how the team prepare for them, not even a little bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

FearDark wrote: »
    In fairness getting my hopes up for us thrashing Crystal Palace isn't going to affect how the team prepare for them, not even a little bit.

We all know this is 100% true, but it won't stop me going through my usual matchday superstitions.

I don't bet on Arsenal, on matchdays and their eve I will only drink from my Arsenal mug, and for the big CL games my scarf must be draped over the telly.

Even though it makes absolutely no common sense, in my mind these are laws that if broken can and will affect the outcome of the match!

Any of the rest of you like me? What are your matchday customs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Heard on the Arsecast this morning that he has a 100% shot conversion rate.

1 shot on the first day of the season. 1 goal.

Hasn't had a shot at goal since.

Super player!

I've seen one or two palace games and in fairness to chamack he hasn't exactly been gettin much service. Although haha one shot in 7 or 8 games is pretty bad haha

2ndcoming wrote: »

If I'm at home my Mrs will always make me a cuppa in my arsenal cup before the match, if I go to the pub I go early to get my usual lucky seat, if it's a cl night my 3yr old daughter gets to stay up to watch (she cried when dortmund won, she's totally brainwashed!)
    No specific rituals apart from those small customs :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Watch game. Go home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Only bet on Arsenal when the odds are decent. Arsenal(-1) is evens tomorrow, that qualifies. :) Palace are muck.

Don't really have regular traditions, but if there's some little thing that seems fortuitous, I'll always do it (eg. grab the arsenal mug instead of another mug if I'm making tea etc.)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Wilshere should play against Chelsea. He needs games (in general, but especially in the middle) at this stage, and with Santi back and Theo and Podolski probably not far away either, his game time will be likely reduced soon anyway.

• Advertisement

Only bet on Arsenal when the odds are decent. Arsenal(-1) is evens tomorrow, that qualifies. :) Palace are muck.

Don't really have regular traditions, but if there's some little thing that seems fortuitous, I'll always do it (eg. grab the arsenal mug instead of another mug if I'm making tea etc.)

I'll be on that, its a great price. Christmas money tomorrow.

I'll be on that, its a great price. Christmas money tomorrow.

Your obviously not a betting man :D;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I'm not anymore after Fulham shafted me last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

BT Sport is showing the game free to air tomorrow

I am and i'm well ahead this season, thank God. Much of it down to Giroud.

We all know this is 100% true, but it won't stop me going through my usual matchday superstitions.

I don't bet on Arsenal, on matchdays and their eve I will only drink from my Arsenal mug, and for the big CL games my scarf must be draped over the telly.

Even though it makes absolutely no common sense, in my mind these are laws that if broken can and will affect the outcome of the match!

For about two years we had a little toy crocodile and a can on guinness that would sit of top of the TV for games. We had a great run of success during that period and I'm 100% sure this was down to my match day custom.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

greendom wrote: »
    BT Sport is showing the game free to air tomorrow

Thought that was only in the UK?

Mickeroo wrote: »

i've got bt sport working right this minute and i'm not a subscriber :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

bad2dabone wrote: »
    i've got bt sport working right this minute and i'm not a subscriber :)

Boom that's made my weekend!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Mickeroo wrote: »

Its UK and Ireland :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

and don't forget the HD channels are part of the pack & free too
    426 - BT sport 1
    427 - BT sport 2
    433 - ESPN

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.