Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Good god. Was out with the Arsenal lads tonight, never will I criticise you lads again for negativity!... "Ozil was **** against BVD, Flamini is overrated, Wilshere is rubbish..." I kid you not. Morons. And now to magically recover before the bloody early kickoff in a few hours... water and paracetamol, P.S. marry me Marie2009!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Noo

Finally an early kick off, 9.45pm!...got my Saturday night revolving around the footie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Noo wrote: »
    Finally an early kick off, 9.45pm!...got my Saturday night revolving around the footie!

where are you living?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    where are you living?

In the magical land of oz where arsenal are top, have a midfield that bring tears of joy and where utd are are midtable team, ah tis glorious!...apart from the shiitty time difference.

In the magical land of oz where arsenal are top, have a midfield that bring tears of joy and where utd are are midtable team, ah tis glorious!...apart from the shiitty time difference.

:pac: :pac::pac:
    hopefully you didn't get too píssed off on tuesday/wednesday & go out starting fires

do they show the games live over there or what?

Yep every premier league game is shown live on fox sports, works just like sky...use the red button to pick what match to watch, even 3oclock kick offs, its great apart from the time difference, cant stress that enough. Saturday games arent too bad but the CL games midweek at 4.45am when youre up for work is the worst!

Yep every premier league game is shown live on fox sports, works just like sky...use the red button to pick what match to watch, even 3oclock kick offs, its great apart from the time difference, cant stress that enough. Saturday games arent too bad but the CL games midweek at 4.45am when youre up for work is the worst!

yeah i'd say it's a cúnt alright

do they let you watch the re-live, an online player job?
    you know they're usually on tpb (motd as well)

though with the amount of irish & brits over there it's probably hard to avoid the scores too

though with the amount of irish & brits over there it's probably hard to avoid the scores too

No idea actually about the re-live, id usually just record the match and watch the next day. Unless I go onto boards or my footie app I can avoid the score til I get home, I work only with aussies so they wouldn't have a clue. Of course that was when I had the sports channels, now I gotta stream like everyone else...I was the only one in my house who watched the sports channel and that was only for arsenal matches, ended up better value just to get rid of sports and stream them.

No idea actually about the re-live, id usually just record the match and watch the next day. Unless I go onto boards or my footie app I can avoid the score til I get home, I work only with aussies so they wouldn't have a clue. Of course that was when I had the sports channels, now I gotta stream like everyone else...I was the only one in my house who watched the sports channel and that was only for arsenal matches, ended up better value just to get rid of sports and stream them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Match Day thread up and running

• Advertisement

Very strong team today:
    Szczesny,
    Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs,
    Arteta, Flamini,
    Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla,
    Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

anyone any ideas how to get bt sport working? Still showing up as not available for me

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yeah, I'm on NTL and it's saying it's not available too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I'm in sky plugged out box, removed satilite cables and the card and Boom back on. I had murder on the phone before hand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

FearDark wrote: »
    Good god. Was out with the Arsenal lads tonight, never will I criticise you lads again for negativity!... "Ozil was **** against BVD, Flamini is overrated, Wilshere is rubbish..." I kid you not. Morons. And now to magically recover before the bloody early kickoff in a few hours... water and paracetamol, P.S. marry me Marie2009!

Your application has been noted :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very strong team today:
    Szczesny,
    Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs,
    Arteta, Flamini,
    Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla,
    Giroud

We should always start with a very strong team and take lads off when well ahead :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Great performance today we were brilliant...............

Ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Massive performances from Woj and Sagna for me, Ozil was very good too, unlucky to not come out with a goal or assist. Was a bit worried when Bolassie came on and brought pace and power but Sagna quickly put him in his back pocket.

Worries:
    Giroud's knackered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

817678249.gif?1382793267

It was Chamakh, at the halfway line - how is that a goal-scoring opportunity?

Anyways, good 3 points, just hope Flamini is okay. Back 5 played really well today and Ozil really increased his workrate when we went down to 10. Gnabry looked good for the period he was on as well.

That wasn't nice to watch but.

Scez, Monreal and Giroud were great.
    Clean sheet.
    5 points clear at the top.

With ten men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Arsenal have double the points of Manchester United
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Gah. Had some running around to do today so had to pick one half to watch. Stupidly went for the first.

So I gather...

Play bad and win - yeah!!

Szcz = legend

Gnabry is useful

Anything else I miss??

Worried about us struggling to create. Arsenal 2.0 beginning to look like old Arsenal. Lots of nice touches and good midfield play but ultimately not too effective.

Still, at least we're still doing the grinding out results thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Maire2009 wrote: »
    817678249.gif?1382793267

It was Chamakh, at the halfway line - how is that a goal-scoring opportunity?

Anyways, good 3 points, just hope Flamini is okay. Back 5 played really well today and Ozil really increased his workrate when we went down to 10. Gnabry looked good for the period he was on as well.

I don't even think it was a foul!

Foy was intimidated by the noisey crowd. He was awful today. Wrong decisions or both sides

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Poor performance's like that and still walking away with three points are the kind of thing I generally associate with Ferguson's united squads.I'd rather we demolish the likes of Palace without breaking a sweat but it's important the team are able to a pull a win like today off too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Poor performance's like that and still walking away with three points are the kind of thing I generally associate with Ferguson's united squads.I'd rather we demolish the likes of Palace without breaking a sweat but it's important the team are able to a pull a win like today off too.

I was goina say it after the Norwich match but the team spirit this Arsenal team have reminds me of some of fergies title winning teams. After Norwich scored we up it a gear and did what we needed to do. Same in this game. Man down we dug in and hit them on the break.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The number of the beast :P

277747.jpg

I never seem to pick the right one of them for captain though.

The number of the beast :P

277747.jpg

I never seem to pick the right one of them for captain though.

Have the exact same selection!

WWWWWWWWWWDWDW our away form.

Have the exact same selection!

I've a feeling we're not the only ones :D

When they were discussing the sending off and whether it was a clear goal scoring opportunity McManamon said "Well he's got a brilliant goal scoring record of course..." when referring to Chamakh, and I don't think he was being ironic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Poor performance but 3 points. Will take that every day.

Was worried we would be without Flamini and Arteta for next week but only a 1 match ban apparantly so thats all good.

Not sure whos gonna play in the holding role against Chelsea. Id assume thats a few weeks for Flamini

I've a feeling we're not the only ones :D

When they were discussing the sending off and whether it was a clear goal scoring opportunity McManamon said "Well he's got a brilliant goal scoring record of course..." when referring to Chamakh, and I don't think he was being ironic.
    I have the same 3. I have Ollie as captain though:D

BXgf4TMIgAA1pXr.jpg

here's the moment arteta fouled chamakh.

United losing. This weekends off to a good start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Liverpool could have some staying power this year? They have no European football which is a distinct advantage over everyone else..

AdamD wrote: »
    Liverpool could have some staying power this year? They have no European football which is a distinct advantage over everyone else..

no league cup either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Good 3 points for us today. We found it hard to break down the Palace defence but the way they set up reminded me of the away game at Norwich last season where we lost 1-0 so shows how we've come along. Gnabry looks quite a handy player, hopefully he puts in a performance if he gets the chance on Tuesday night. I'd be inclined to try and get Wilshere in next week, he seems to be in good form. I personally felt it was a red card. It was the last man and Chamakh looked to have a yard of pace on Arteta. Well done too to Szcesny for a couple of very good saves.

I cant wait to play United on this form

BXguIRQIMAAxFDK.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Probably have a new manager in place by then.

• Advertisement

Probably have a new manager in place by then.

Tongue in cheek? I think they'll stick with Moyes til at least the end of the season. On Liverpool, impressive so far to be fair. Don't think they'll last all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Would be such a dream if we could somehow sign Suarez. Outstanding hat trick today.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Would be such a dream if we could somehow sign Suarez. Outstanding hat trick today.

Shh, can't mention him in here or you'll have a ton of Pool lads telling you to keep your hands off and what are you smoking etc.

We weren't all that great today. Our goalie wasn't motm for nothing. We will have to up it big time for United. The form book will go out the window for this one. Palace and Norwich made us look vulnerable in the absence of Flamini so if he is out we'll have alot more to contend with from Rooney and RVP it goes without saying.

I admit my initial scepticism but the guy is a goal machine. Absolute phenomenal player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Suarez would make Arsenal awesome

Controversial but would rather RVP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Shh, can't mention him in here or you'll have a ton of Pool lads telling you to keep your hands off and what are you smoking etc.

That fella is obsessed with Arsenal!

I'd take Lukaku if Chelski don't want him, man scored again today.

• Advertisement

United are brutal. It looks to me that they aren't motivated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement