Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

Ah lads dont mean to be disrespectful but if you buy into any player kissing the badge in modern day football you'd must be stone mad.

EDIT: Im a big Giroud fan myself but you have to be open to the possibility that ANY PLAYER can leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

bad2dabone wrote: »
    United are brutal. It looks to me that they aren't motivated.

I think they play a little with the handbrake on ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Forgot to mention Gnabry, he looks a legitimate option for any of the 3 positions behind Giroud, massive prospect and plays very maturely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

United winning, bastards.

United winning, bastards.

I think they release a little the handbrake :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Any update on Flamini? We need him for the tough games ahead.
    We are poxed with injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

That's okay, well should still roast them.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    Forgot to mention Gnabry, he looks a legitimate option for any of the 3 positions behind Giroud, massive prospect and plays very maturely.

Yeah he's gone from a prospect to useful squad player in my eyes this season. Can only improve too.

Id advise my fellow Gooners to let common sense prevail and keep our feet firmly on the ground. We're not suddenly the new beast that everyone thinks we are. Sure we've improved but still have our vulnerabilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

need flamini to man mark suarez and rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Id advise my fellow Gooners to let common sense prevail and keep our feet firmly on the ground. We're not suddenly the new beast that everyone thinks we are. Sure we've improved but still have our vulnerabilities.

Spot on.

We will not, despite our wishes, be hammering/schooling Utd.

I'd be over the moon if we best them but it's a seriously tough prospect.

gosplan wrote: »
    Spot on.

We will not, despite our wishes, be hammering/schooling Utd.

I'd be over the moon if we best them but it's a seriously tough prospect.

They might be low on confidence and adjusting to a new era but when they are backs against the wall they are at their most dangerous. As well as Rooney and RVP they also have Januzaj, Chicarito, Nani, Young....many players that can hurt ya.

As for Liverpool next week they are going to be tough. Really hope Flamini will be ok for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Heading over to the Liverpool game next week. Didn't get over at all last season, my last game was a dour 0-0 draw with Blackburn two seasons back. Needless to say, I can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

They might be low on confidence and adjusting to a new era but when they are backs against the wall they are at their most dangerous. As well as Rooney and RVP they also have Januzaj, Chicarito, Nani, Young....many players that can hurt ya.
    I'd agree with most of that, but Young is muck and Nani isn't great either.

Away, will still be a tough win to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

true but we have Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud, Ramsey, Wilshere, and.......The Bendtner.
    While you're right to be cautious, we shouldn't fear united in the slightest. We've too often in the past played against them with fear and let them boss us, well the Fergie era is definitely over and teams are going to Old Trafford looking for results, this season west brom and southampton bossed united there, and today stoke - STOKE - scored twice against them and had them on the ropes. If we play like today, fair enough we were poor, but we've played 2 better teams than united already this season, Dortmund and Napoli and we were good against both of those.
    We all have some hopes for this season, if this squad wants to win the league then we have to beat united, and get something vs city and chelsea too. We can do it.

whether we do or not remains to be seen :)

Few on Twitter saying Flamini will be out for 3 weeks - not sure if AW said it or what.

Won't appeal Arteta red card cos he wouldn't have played him on Tuesday anyway.
    on being surprised at how long the grass was…
    No we expect that everywhere we go. I will soon have a pitch at home with long grass to practice for when we play away from home.

AW comedy genius once again.

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Few on Twitter saying Flamini will be out for 3 weeks - not sure if AW said it or what.

Won't appeal Arteta red card cos he wouldn't have played him on Tuesday anyway.

There is something niggling at Wilshere too because he does not look fit and there appears to be something niggling at him.

There is something niggling at Wilshere too because he does not look fit and there appears to be something niggling at him.

I wonder is it Jack's ankle - he went over it again on Tuesday night and looked really uncomfortable after that.

Flamini was going fine until that knock to his head on Saturday wasn't he? Wonder who AW will play as DM on Tuesday? Arteta and Flamini are definitely out - Rosicky? Vermaelen? Is Frimpong fit? He needs to give Ramsey a rest for Liverpool.

I wonder is it Jack's ankle - he went over it again on Tuesday night and looked really uncomfortable after that.

Flamini was going fine until that knock to his head on Saturday wasn't he? Wonder who AW will play as DM on Tuesday? Arteta and Flamini are definitely out - Rosicky? Vermaelen? Is Frimpong fit? He needs to give Ramsey a rest for Liverpool.

Getting as many fit for the weekend is FAR more important than that CC Cup match. The last thing we wanted was losing Flamini for the big games ahead. It seems to take our players ages to recover from the slightest injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Getting as many fit for the weekend is FAR more important than that CC Cup match. The last thing we wanted was losing Flamini for the big games ahead. It seems to take our players ages to recover from the slightest injuries.

Rest the lot of em for Chelsea. While I'd like us to beat Chelsea, giving some of em a rest for Liverpool/Dortmund/United is vital. Giroud has played a lot of football. He was still working his ass off today tho. That's what got him the goal

We could still beat Chelsea I suppose! The likes of Bendtner and Vermahlen have something to prove ad some good youngsters. Gnabry looks like he could be a player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

AdamD wrote: »

Slipped Ozil in with a wonderful ball in the first half. We really need someone of his pace in the team.

A word about Woj, that Mhki goal aside, he's been immense in the last 3 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gnarby needs games, from what I've seen he has buckets of potential.

Seems to be a pretty mature guy from seeing his work rate and support play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Good result today another 3 points

Time to enter a tricky period now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

It wasn't a great performance however we got the 3 points and that's the important thing. The next three league matches are going to be tough, and will really prove where we are in terms of ambition, many people have been saying if we get 7 it would be considered good, I think that would be great, 5 points would be good. I just hope we can break our November curse. Today has proven we can't take any games for granted.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

For Chelsea: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Hayden , Vermaelen, Monreal, Frimpong, Bellerin, Rosicky, Gnabry, Miyachi, Bendtner - something along the lines of this - not sure if Frimpong/Ryo are injured though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

For Chelsea: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Hayden , Vermaelen, Monreal, Frimpong, Bellerin, Rosicky, Gnabry, Miyachi, Bendtner - something along the lines of this - not sure if Frimpong/Ryo are injured though.

Zelalem is back too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Another 3 points on the board lads happy days. Must say what an absolute wonderful save from Chesney yet again at a crucial time in the match. He really is growing on me is the young Pole :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Hansen using footage from 2010 to outline one of our flows, what great analysis :D

• Advertisement

We got 3 points and that is great.

Our defence was poor today and we gave a poor team 4 great chances to score today.
    If we give Liverpool that many chances they will get at least 2.
    We have to tighten up big time.
    Some of our passing today from midfielders was also very poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Raf32 wrote: »
    Hansen using footage from 2010 to outline one of our flows, what great analysis :D

Drives me nuts......such a massive chip on his shoulder....the anti Arsenal bias is so obvious that I think they use him as a troll.

I'm more than surprised that I'm actually starting to warm towards Savage.....

Drives me nuts......such a massive chip on his shoulder....the anti Arsenal bias is so obvious that I think they use him as a troll.

1989.:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Hansen.

277788.gif

EDIT: Also Michael Owen and Phil Thopmson. Wtf?

1989.:D:D

Yeah, I know but still, he's a troll!

Jeepers, Southampton look a really good outfit at the moment. They are looking like they're in their position in merit,

Yeah, I know but still, he's a troll!

Jeepers, Southampton look a really good outfit at the moment. They are looking like they're in their position in merit,

There are no easy teams in the EPL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Raf32 wrote: »

not forgetting that he chose to feature our worst match in a while (Aston Villa at home) when we were chasing the match and down to 10 men. Plonker !

I love Robbie's interviews on AFTV with the fans after matches, he's a top fella and its great to hear true Arsenal supporters feelings BUT...

Some people...

277796.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Hansen was making a point that arsenal have learned nothing, they're still making the same mistakes, etc. it wasn't the worst example

some of you can't have anything said against arsenal at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Cesc Fábregas: 'Arsenal is in my heart. I'd love to go back one day'
    In the first of a two-part interview, the Barcelona and Spain midfielder speaks of the club that gave him 'everything'

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/24/cesc-fabregas-arsenal-barcelona

interesting enough interview

second part of the interview

Cesc Fábregas: United? The only thing in my head was staying at Barça
    In the second of a major two-part interview the Barcelona midfielder insists Manchester United move was never on

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/25/cesc-fabregas-manchester-united-barcelona

Hansen was making a point that arsenal have learned nothing, they're still making the same mistakes, etc. it wasn't the worst example

Hang on there, there's analysis and theres being overly critical of a team, he attacked the entire team and it was WAY over the top imo. And it's not the first time he's done it either. He should take a leaf out of G.Nevilles book, that man is Man Utd through and through and manages to give balanced and fair analysis on some of Man Utd's fiercest rivals every week. Alan Hansen is just another clown of a man, he's the Scottish Eamon Dunphy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If he'd balanced it a little by saying that Flamini has made a difference to the defensive structure of the team and he wasn't playing today or against Villa, I would have been more prepared to listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Don't know why anyone would listen to the BBC "pundits" to begin with.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Don't know why anyone would listen to the BBC "pundits" to begin with.

He was on MOTD. I watch MOTD. By proxy I watch Hansen. Doesn't mean I take him seriously but he does talk awful sh1te and it's fairly easy rise me tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The number of the beast :P

277747.jpg

I never seem to pick the right one of them for captain though.

I picked the right one this week, a certain Liverpool striker on a roll!!
    Agree with most people here, it wasn't a very strong performance. But having in mind that this is a38 game marathon, I will take the three points and shut up.
    Pivotal moment imo the saves that Woj did.
    And I appreciate the fact that everyone in the team seems to give everything they have and is involved in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

And he's not even as bad as the other Liverpool pundits, Ronnie Whelan :mad:

Well, I think they are on a par really. It's just that Whelan can't hide his bitterness at all while Hansen constantly derides Arsenal by snickering at the possibility that they are a bunch of softie mercenaries and nancy boys who haven't a clue how to defend. He will go to great lengths to isolate incidents that show the defence in a very poor light as opposed to taking a balanced view. There is some merit to what he says about our defending but going back over a number of years to put a couple iof clips together as if to represent this is how Arsenal always defend is ridiculous. I think last night he went to new depths.....

Thompson is another one. Often hear him on newstalk slagging off Mert in particular. That being said, I think there are a lot of non Arsenal fans out there who don't recognise the fact that Mert is a very important, intelligent player who adds stability to the back line.

After the defensive performance in the back end of last year, it just kind of bugs me that 'pundits' don't accept that Arsenals defence has improved. It's still not as good as I'd like it to be but it's not the joke defence that it's portrayed as either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ramsey 9 (5)
    Giroud 8 (5)
    Ozil 3 (2)
    Podolski 2 (2)
    Wilshere 2 (2)
    Arteta 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Mertesacker 1 (1)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Walcott 1 (0)

(League goals in brackets)

Forgot to do this after the Dortmund game (was too busy sulking)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I see that Suarez lad scored a hat trick yesterday. Let's buy him in January just to piss off all the Liverpool mad TV pundits. He could also play in the Champions League...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Galvasean wrote: »
    I see that Suarez lad scored a hat trick yesterday. Let's buy him in January just to piss off all the Liverpool mad TV pundits. He could also play in the Champions League...

Tbh, it would cost 60-70 million. However we probably have that in the bank.

Also if we're near the top come jan, he'd put us in with a huge shout of winning the thing.

Then y'know, we'd also have Suarez who is really really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Unless liverpool drop a few places between now and Jan I don't see him leaving until the summer.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement