Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I reckon as gosplan said you just like moaning, we could sign Suarez, Benzema and Ronaldo and you would still find a reason to give out about something.

No, I want my team to be winning things not fighting for 4th. I don't want to accept second best. Ozil is a great signing but he's not enough, am I wrong to think that?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Imagine united tacked a 50 million bid for ozil now!

Imagine the Emirates burned down!! :eek: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Not sure about crazy, making little sense though.

Buy world's best players for team. Future = good

Sell world's best players from team. Past = bad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We're still chasing a striker according to Twitter.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    No objection on that but do we need a class striker 5 years down the road or right now?

I think those lads would score in the double figures. maybe down the line they will maybe they won't but at least we could show ambition by signing these lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

looks like united only going to get Fellaini.

meltown in the united thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Looper007 wrote: »
    Hope this is true, would be as an important a signing as Ozil for me. Here's hoping it's someone of quality.

I'd take anyone decent at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I think those lads would score in the double figures. maybe down the line they will maybe they won't but at least we could show ambition by signing these lads.

So it's ambition you're looking for and Ozil isn't ambitious?

I'm confused by what it is you want exactly as every time you post it seems to be something different'

bad2dabone wrote: »
    looks like united only going to get Fellaini.

He's not want they need. Crazy buy, good player would be a good squad player.

• Advertisement

No, I want my team to be winning things not fighting for 4th. I don't want to accept second best. Ozil is a great signing but he's not enough, am I wrong to think that?

And I agree he's not. We won't compete for first this year unless it really really clicks and injuries stay away.

But our striker plans didn't work out this summer and maybe they just have to be put on hold?

The reason I'm optimistic is that for the first time in years and years, we're really moving forward and showing intentions to push on. I don't get why that's a struggle for people.

gosplan wrote: »
    Buy world's best players for team. Future = good

Sell world's best players from team. Past = bad

Winning things = good.

Not winning things = bad.

Winning things = good.

Not winning things = bad.

patience buddy patience

Quazzie wrote: »
    So it's ambition you're looking for and Ozil isn't ambitious?

I'm confused by what it is you want exactly as every time you post it seems to be something different'

I never said Ozil wasn't ambitious but we shouldn't stop there. Why can't we go out and sign a striker as well. That to me would be ambitious. One player is great but he's not going to solve our problems.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AS saying Ozil deal is done and that Mert played a big part in persuading him to join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I never said Ozil wasn't ambitious but we shouldn't stop there. Why can't we go out and sign a striker as well. That to me would be ambitious. One player is great but he's not going to solve our problems.

You'd give an aspirin a headache.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We don't have to sign a world class striker now. Just someone to take the pressure off Giroud. Its a massive gamble not to reinforce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

James Olley ‏@JamesOlley 1h #afc to confirm club record deal for Ozil around 10.30pm. Expand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

bad2dabone wrote: »

Good enough for 'em, theyve had a large share of major signings over the years.

Cannot wait to see Ozil is a gooner shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    AS saying Ozil deal is done and that Mert played a big part in persuading him to join.

Seems it is done lads!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-5million.html

And if the DM article is to be believed, Per was instrumental in convincing Ozil- what a legend if this is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 28s
    Arsenal will confirm the signing of Mesut Ozil from Real Madrid for €50m (£42.4m) in the next half an hour #bbcfootball #afc #rmfc

cmon men

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    And I agree he's not. We won't compete for first this year unless it really really clicks and injuries stay away.

But our striker plans didn't work out this summer and maybe they just have to be put on hold?

The reason I'm optimistic is that for the first time in years and years, we're really moving forward and showing intentions to push on. I don't get why that's a struggle for people.

For some of us, it's just not enough. I'm over the moon we signed Ozil and was happy when we taught we had Ba on loan. Once the Ba deal went dead is when I got upset cause If Giroud gets injured we are screwed. We need another forward. I'm glad you happy.

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 48s Arsenal will confirm the signing of Mesut Ozil from Real Madrid for €50m (£42.4m) in the next half an hour #bbcfootball #afc #rmfc

Beaten to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

He's not want they need. Crazy buy, good player would be a good squad player.

i thought he was exactly what they need. what do they need? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

KINGVictor wrote: »
    Seems it is done lads!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-5million.html

And if the DM article is to be believed, Per was instrumental in convincing Ozil- what a legend if this is true.

Good buddies back from their Bremen days, connections are great :D.

You'd give an aspirin a headache.

Are you going to insult me all night? :rolleyes:

For some of us, it's just not enough. I'm over the moon we signed Ozil and was happy when we taught we had Ba on loan. Once the Ba deal went dead is when I got upset cause If Giroud gets injured we are screwed. We need another forward. I'm glad you happy.

You should be happy the Ba deal went dead in theory ;), not that we lost a decent striker. But Chelsea were happy to loan out Moses to Liverpool but not Ba to us why because of Ozil you can be guaranteed they now see us as a threat again.

darego wrote: »
    i thought he was exactly what they need. what do they need? lol

Ozil lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Per is a legend!

Are you going to insult me all night? :rolleyes:

Possibly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

You should be happy the Ba deal went dead in theory ;), not that we lost a decent striker. But Chelsea were happy to loan out Moses to Liverpool but not Ba to us why because of Ozil you can be guaranteed they now see us as a threat again.

Don't want that, I want us to creep under the radar to the title this season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

All this silence from arsenal.com, makes me feel like my girlfriend's cheating on me!

What are the chances of the Arsenal site going down for maintenance come half past.
    F5, F5, F5!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

keano_afc wrote: »
    We don't have to sign a world class striker now. Just someone to take the pressure off Giroud. Its a massive gamble not to reinforce.

It's also a massive gamble to spend the rest of the transfer budget on a player who may not be proven at CL level. We've tried to buy big up front, it hasn't worked out, and that's what we are looking at now - a non CL player at a ridiculous premium this late in the window.

We'd be better off waiting til Jan imo so we can get someone we KNOW well improve the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Ozil lol

i asked in the united thread earlier why they werent in for ozil. they said cuz they needed someone like fellaini more

Maybe or Jose wanted to rip the piss out of Wenger. Either way, we probably were never going to get him anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

BOOM

WELCOME OZIL!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

SSN say we have signed him. Quoting Ozil talking about us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ozil himself has announced the move

Get fcuking in done and dusted Ozil :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm OZILICIOUS

Possibly

Well I give as good back so ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,416 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Done. Thank God for that. Scary night.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Talksport: ozil deal done. signed.

Well done.

• Advertisement

Well done Arsenal. Good signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Well Ozil is pretty sure he's coming to Arsenal.

and for extra fun, dip into the car crash that is the man u thread.

YAY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Beaten to it

I rather enjoyed that repost I must say

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement