Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

flamini out for 3 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    flamini out for 3 weeks

What a time to loose him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

What a time to loose him.

aye, pretty crucial. He'd have done quite a job against united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Frimpong reckons if he were white and English he'd be getting more playing time.

Dope

Quazzie wrote: »
    Frimpong reckons if he were white and English he'd be getting more playing time.

Dope

he is English, essentially. If he wasn't a)such an eejit and b)not having banjaxed knees then he'd get more time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

bad2dabone wrote: »
    aye, pretty crucial. He'd have done quite a job against united.

I think we'll miss him more against Liverpool, Suarez and Sturridge need to be contained. They have no other attacking threat besides those 2 and if those 2 are contained then we should have no problem winning. What a time to lose him :( Big loss going to Dortmund as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

batistuta9 wrote: »
    flamini out for 3 weeks

Is this confirmed?
    I didnt see it on Arsenal.com

Bad time to lose him alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

he is English, essentially. If he wasn't a)such an eejit and b)not having banjaxed knees then he'd get more time.

Spot on, plus the fact whenever I've seen him he's just running about the place kicking people.

On the Flamini injury, it's very bad news. Liverpools strikers are firing on all cylinders at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Dope

That tweet was taken out of context. He said it in a standalone tweet and not in reply to being asked why he wasn't playing. It's got nothing to do with football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ox, Gnabry and Sanogo nominated for world golden boy award. Seems a bit generous for any of them to be there but nice to see anyway.

Ozil nominated for Balon D'or and Wenger for World coach of the year too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Any word on the full squad list yet?

I know its carling cup and I wont be gutted if we do lose and rest a few players but

I really would also love to beat them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Happy Birthday Bobby Pies. Up there with one of my all time favourite players.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Bobby Pies. Up there with one of my all time favourite players.
    This picture says it all

gun__1239098336_pires_bow.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

This picture says it all

Indeed it does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

AdamD wrote: »
    Ox, Gnabry and Sanogo nominated for world golden boy award. Seems a bit generous for any of them to be there but nice to see anyway.

Ozil nominated for Balon D'or and Wenger for World coach of the year too

And none are white, Frinpong can't be taken serious with all that dench crap. He shoud really just focus on the football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Oranage2 wrote: »
    And none are white, Frinpong can't be taken serious with all that dench crap. He shoud really just focus on the football

Yeh had great hopes for him a few years ago before all the injuries and before all his dench crap.

Nowadays while I still love the passion he shows for the club it's almost as if he has become more wrapped up in his clothing label keeping himself relevant with silly things than what he does on the pitch.

A shame really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Yeh had great hopes for him a few years ago before all the injuries and before all his dench crap.

Nowadays while I still love the passion he shows for the club it's almost as if he has become more wrapped up in his clothing label keeping himself relevant with silly things than what he does on the pitch.

A shame really.

A decent season long loan somewhere would do him the world of good. He's played no football since he got injured on his last loan.

I ve been waiting for this moment - back on the pitch!;) 💪👊 #afc #arsenal #lukaspodolski #podolski #adidas #comeback #fight #staydench #poldi #aha #upthebunner

Poldi back in training. I think that last tag is supposed to be the banner:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dope

Ugh.. where did he say that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Galvasean wrote: »

It was on twitter, he deleted the comment shortly afterwards.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Twitter... and he deleted it afterwards saying that it wasn't a football reference.

Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Pity we couldn't give Vermaelen a run out as a DM tonight, always thought he could do a job there given his defensive qualities and his skill on the ball, and he likes to get forward. With Flamini out he could do a job for us in front of the back 4 against Liverpool if he was disciplined. We just need to cut off Suarez and Sturridge as obvious as it is - but they are getting goals from nowhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

ronjo wrote: »
    Is this confirmed?
    I didnt see it on Arsenal.com

Bad time to lose him alright.

not officially i don't think

i heard it on a breakfast show this morning, but i actually think they said 'may be out' or something similar the next time the sports was on

there's this http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/439901/Arsenal-star-Mathieu-Flamini-to-miss-Chelsea-Liverpool-Dortmund-and-United-games though, which doesn't really confirm it either buy says Groin injuries normally take two to three weeks to heal.
    it's on the bbc as well

he'll probably be out until after the international break

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I hope Bendtner starts. I like what I see so far from him this season, almost looks like he has a new attitude. Stuck a bit of money on him to score too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,476 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Interesting article on out Carling Cup teams over the years. Many youngsters blooded too.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...apital-one-cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

just saw this on the itv website

Arsenal team tonight: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Monreal, Ramsey, Wilshere, Rosicky, Cazorla, Ryo, Bendtner

Chelsea team tonight: Schwarzer; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Luiz, Bertrand; Mikel, Essien; De Bruyne, Mata, Willian; Eto'o

Horrid performance, win against Liverpool is a must now.

edit: Not going to be TOO mad about it though, when they're able to spend 30m quid on slightly above average players like Willian we're gonna struggle to beat them in games like this.

totally. Very disappointed with the effort put in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

All the hallmarks of previous years unfortunately. I hate when that malaise starts rearing its head. Its easy to slip into a bad run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Arsenal tonight are proof that time machines do exist. It was the same tippy tappy s*it from the last few years with nobody willing to shoot. There really are ALOT of average players still in the squad

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tbf a win against Liverpool was a must regardless of tonight's result.

Win was a tall order tonight anyway imo. Still pretty poor performance, though I personally felt we were worse against palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Bit disgusted with that show tonight, such a soft centre to the team with no real leadership on show. Easily dispatched by Chelsea's second string at home, gives them thephysological edge over us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Chelsea never had to break sweat. Disappointing stuff.

Massive game Saturday, 2 defeats at home in a week can't be good for morale.

Massive game Saturday, 2 defeats at home in a week can't be good for morale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Very disappointed at tonights performance more so than the result. Never looked like any real threat to Chelsea defense over the 90 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Tonight also showed why Vermaelen isn't in the first 11. Too many bursts upfield and stupid defending

keano_afc wrote: »
    Chelsea never had to break sweat. Disappointing stuff.

aye, very easy for them.

We can't play like that vs liverpool.

aye, very easy for them.

We can't play like that vs liverpool.

and we probably won't.
    But maybe it's a sign that we are still behind the rich teams.

• Advertisement

Irish Aris wrote: »
    and we probably won't.
    But maybe it's a sign that we are still behind the rich teams.

well of course we are there are very few teams who can field a second string worth 140m with 7 champions league winners in it.

but thats no excuse for the lack of desire and bite we showed out there.

Saturday's a huge game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,476 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Tonight showed up how short of cover we are in certain positions.
    Fabianski's positioning is suspect.
    Jenkinson is an accident waiting to happen.
    Ryo not up to standard.
    Park not on long enough to judge.
    Bendtner, the fact that no offers came in for him speaks volumes.
    Monrael was ok and no danger came from his side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

A poor performance indeed, Chelsea are always going to be a very difficult team to break down so we're going to have to learn to adapt if we're going to get anywhere. Even when we were putting some nice passing moves together at the beginning of the second half, I never felt confident that we would score.

Obviously a bit of perspective has to be taken on board, it's only the Carling Cup, but we're not going to get goals like Wilshire's against the bigger teams on a regular basis so we're going to have to some up with a plan b.

six offers came in for him but he didn't agree any due to his large wages not being met.

but that's beside the point - i agree with your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

It was a terrible performance by us. they could not deliver and supply both bendter and girud the opprtunities.

You could have had Suarez up front for us tonight and he would have done sweet F.A for us as our midfielders where ****

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Some silly mistakes and not offered much threat

We got no injuries though, we need out wingers back big time theo or the ox

Won't loose sleep over this though

Can't wait for Saturday now

Ryo not up to standard.

yeah, our right side was non-existent today.

Ryo not up to standard.

Pretty much agreed on this, but also a little bit disappointed with Jack, not sure if his confidence is a bit low but hes not trying those driving runs as often now. Though in fairness to him having Bendtner pretty much negates and threat from him and Rosicky as he can't play 1-2s at all.

RYO IS SO BAAAAAAAAD

needed to get that out there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Blame it because of this

That is why i said i am now weary about the Ox as he started hanging out with that same brain dead stupid kid called KSI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I thought Rosicky, Ramsey, Santi and Wilshere played well enough and showed some heart. Ryo tried hard but was bullied off it too easily.

Pity we never created anything but I really don't care about the Capital One Cup or whatever it's called now. More important we get 3 points against Liverpool and get something away to Dortmund. From now there is no more "I don't care games" fully expect us to push hard for the FA Cup.

Really need to get players back from injury and to buy a striker in January and ship Bendtner and Park off the wage bill.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement