Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Knex. wrote: »
    I actually hate it too :D

Got called for it in our thread as well, but as I said, it was a long post and I got lazy. Had even started writing their names and all :p

The only thing worse than that is Sturridge's dance. If he does it tomorrow, I will have to shoot him in his dancing face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Irish Aris wrote: »
    the game tomorrow also causes me a headache on who to pick as captain in my FPL team. . .
    Completely agree, can't bring myself to captain Suarez, even though he's in great form and I'm not about Giroud, the only conclusion is to pick a City player.

I'm also glad I don't have to play and defensive players from either team as I expect there to be goals from both teams tomorrow, I'm just not sure who will score the most.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The only thing worse than that is Sturridge's dance. If he does it tomorrow, I will have to shoot him in his dancing face.

I'm slowly starting to love that dance, simply because it means the ball is in the net :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Hi guys,

Heading over to the Liv game without tickets.

Can anyone give me the best bet for getting 2. I've tweeted Arsenal_Tickets but no luck there.

Which are the best pubs and what locations around the ground are decent chances of getting ticket without touts.

Failing that can anyone suggest a good bar to watch the game that's in or around the ground.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

the game tomorrow also causes me a headache on who to pick as captain in my FPL team. . .

van Persie for me. He was captain and seemed cursed. Changed and van Persie started scoring again so its back on him now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Completely agree, can't bring myself to captain Suarez, even though he's in great form and I'm not about Giroud, the only conclusion is to pick a City player.

I'm also glad I don't have to play and defensive players from either team as I expect there to be goals from both teams tomorrow, I'm just not sure who will score the most.

yeah, atm I have Suarez as captain. No players from Utd, City or Chelsea on my team, so each either him, Giroud or Özil.
    No defenders either and I am expecting goals from both sides, so I removed Mignolet from keeper.

I am still not sure about the game. It looks quite tight. Until this morning I had a bad feeling about it, now I just think that it can go either way.
    Very important to score first so we can control the game from there on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I'm tellin ya lads we have a chance! I got the ride last night, won 25 on a scratch card today, played two sit and go tournaments online and won 40. I can feel it lads!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ozil will star tomorrow, put your captaincy on him !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

FearDark wrote: »
    I'm tellin ya lads we have a chance! I got the ride last night, I can feel it lads!!

The clap? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'm tellin ya lads we have a chance! I got the ride last night,

Hope he wasn't to rough on ya :P.

• Advertisement

Hope he wasn't to rough on ya :P.

He's very gentle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I'm tellin ya lads we have a chance! I got the ride last night

You have scored more than bendy boots this season so far then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The Sun reckons Szezsney has signed a deal worth 100k a week. I think that would make him our 3rd hignest paid player behind only Ozil and Podolski. wonder what Walcott and co would make of that ?

He seems to be cutting down the mistakes and at 23 should have plenty of years ahead of him hopefully at the top. 100k for a keeper does sound a lot though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Yaya Toure captain to destroy Norwich

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I have Özil as captain because I forgot to change it. Brought Suarez in so he'll probably get sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Got to love Ozil tweeted this today

Arsenal - Liverpool

BYEKFygIQAAlQsJ.jpg

Hopefully he is well up for the game today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Is that Ramsey between Ozil and Theo?? He looks ancient!

Great pic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

TOON ARMY!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

A win today now would be epic. Maybe this year November will be the month that sets us up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Well done Newcastle!

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    Well done Newcastle!

very good start on the weekend, indeed!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

any recipes?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

City and United ain't messing around this week anyway.

Looks like both Manchester clubs racing each other to be first on MOTD tonight. They just haven't accounted for our 7-0 trashing of 'Pool later ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Great Scenes!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Best atmosphere at the emirates all season!

Start believing!

We are top of the league, we are top of the league!

We fully deserved that. Pool didn't have a sniff.

Just realised that those complaining that we haven't beaten anyone above us are RIGHT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Deserved 3 points, Liverpool were out passed but more important, we were out fought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'm now happy :)

1422433_10151821241302713_143366985_n.jpg

Benched Ramsey this morning in my FF.

#believe :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Start believing. Fear dark, keep up the riding!

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Start believing. Fear dark, keep up the riding!

Its gonna be my new pre match ritual. A big dirty ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

YES!!! Bringing Suarez into my FF team did the trick. Super performance. Sagna brilliant, why are we faffing about with his contract.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Over the moon with that. Was admittedly nervous beforehand, and up until the second goal even but I have to say I'm surprised by how much we bossed the game. Didn't think there was as much between the two teams as there actually is, that Liverpool midfield is very poor.

• Advertisement

great game, another 3 points, that's 25 out of a maximum of 30 (and I don't care that the fixtures were relatively easy). And very important that we have a small gap between us and the teams that follow. Even if things don't go well next Sunday, we will still be on top of the league.

Looked like a tight game in the beginning, but there is huge difference in midfield, ours played/is much better.

Still like to see Pool finish in top four, I can't see it though. Title looks to be between ourselves and City at the moment. They look very very good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

tbh a point next week would not be too bad I reckon.

Still like to see Pool finish in top four, I can't see it though. Title looks to be between ourselves and City at the moment. They look very very good.

Chelsea too I think.

jank wrote: »

I agree. But I would be disappointed at this rate!

• Advertisement

jank wrote: »

not at all. At this stage I think it would be massive.

I'm quite frustrated with the injury to Gibbs.

I hope he will be fine but knowing his injury record, he could easily be ruled out for 3 weeks with a calf injury and we won't see him back until 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

What an excellent performance from everyone but bloody hell, how immense was Arteta today?!

Maire2009 wrote: »
    What an excellent performance from everyone but bloody hell, how immense was Arteta today?!

So good he was Flamini-esque!

I'm tellin ya lads we have a chance! I got the ride last night, won 25 on a scratch card today, played two sit and go tournaments online and won 40. I can feel it lads!!

Brilliant keep it up. Good man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

Happiness!! Kos and Mert were excellent tonight, great to have a clean sheet.

Maire2009 wrote: »

For me our star man was the little mozart. Ran himself ragged. The urgency in his play is something we badly lack.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Really enjoying watching Arsenal atm. Cazorla, Kosc etc so good, Arteta great and fair play to Wenger for sticking with his players so long, yeah it hasn't payed off with Diaby but Ramsey / Scezney have really come good for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Rambo is only 22. :eek:

Jaysus. And lost over a year of his career into the bag and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

A few key things today for me:

Sagna's yellow in the first half - the spirit of Flamini on the pitch there. Very cynical but very important.
    Ramsey and Arteta's battling - their tackle/interception count must be huge, two massive performances and ultimately the difference between the 2 sides.
    The full backs: Never saw both forward at the same time. There was always one back, usually Gibbs which makes sense due to his extra pace to deal with Sturridge.
    Rosicky - Great pressing and his first time passing keeps the tempo up and really helps tire out the opposition

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement