Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wonder how bad the Gibbs injury is? At least Monreal has been getting a bit of game time so he should slot in reasonably easily

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

greendom wrote: »
    Wonder how bad the Gibbs injury is? At least Monreal has been getting a bit of game time so he should slot in reasonably easily

Nacho has really impressed me lately. I think he would handle it really well. Having said that Gibbs was unreal today...

AdamD wrote: »
    A few key things today for me:

Sagna's yellow in the first half - the spirit of Flamini on the pitch there. Very cynical but very important.
    Ramsey and Arteta's battling - their tackle/interception count must be huge, two massive performances and ultimately the difference between the 2 sides.
    The full backs: Never saw both forward at the same time. There was always one back, usually Gibbs which makes sense due to his extra pace to deal with Sturridge.
    Rosicky - Great pressing and his first time passing keeps the tempo up and really helps tire out the opposition

Yes it meant we were lacking in width at times, but it was worth it for the increased defensive stability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

FearDark wrote: »
    I'm tellin ya lads we have a chance! I got the ride last night, won 25 on a scratch card today, played two sit and go tournaments online and won 40. I can feel it lads!!

If you getting the ride means we win ill be arond before the united game next week

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Close call for MOTM today, between Ramsey and Arteta

If you getting the ride means we win ill be arond before the united game next week

Dafuk?

I appreciate the offer but...! No thanks!

Jesus that was the start of these few tough games we have coming up at the moment, a 2-0 victory with that performance was ****ing perfect. Bring on Man United I say. I'd expect us to leave there with something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ramsey is the best player ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Top of the league and we are having a laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

I don't know if I've ever seen a player who likes a slide tackle more than rosicky, he plays like a real life game of FIfa, absolutely love him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

On my way home from the Emirates. What a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Giroud put in so much work as well today - did everything but left the finishing boots at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Did well today. Giroud worked his ass off. Szcz stepped up today too. He came out and claimed a few crossed which seems to settle us each time.

Ah how we may laugh now

:D

Super header!

• Advertisement

Is he their captain???

BYF8V2YIEAAR53R.jpg:large

Come on the Saints!

only 4 goals conceded. Good work!

I'm really regretting playing our second team in the League Cup on Tuesday :D

Ozil on Twitter
    Mesut Özil ‏@MesutOzil1088 2m
    That was Football in formula 1 speed. It's wonderful to be a gunner. Thanks all.

He was quiet today but he still worried Liverpool and some of his passes were top notch especially the one for Ramsey's goal

• Advertisement

Come on the Saints!

only 4 goals conceded. Good work!

Its some going. A club with real ambition its fair to say. They are not just settling for being mid table also rans and best of luck to them. They have plans to push Saints to the next level and the fact they concede so little is admirable. A strong team going forward always builds on its defence first.

As for ourselves, we are riding the crest of a wave at the minute. One more star signing in January would really solidify our arrival back on the big time platform.

What would we get Suarez for now? £30 million + 50p? :p

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Ozil on Twitter

He was quiet today but he still worried Liverpool and some of his passes were top notch especially the one for Ramsey's goal

From that tweet we can gather that he is adjusting to the pace of the English game a small bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Ozil on Twitter

Agreed.
    Even that though, he seems so calm in the game, he keeps the ball no bother, and then he finds a clinical pass and. . . bang!!
    I'll say it again, I can't wait for Theo to come back, great potential with him in the game!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Would love a Hernandez/Solksjaer type signing in January, though not certain how well they'd suit our system. Giroud brings Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil and Rosicky into the game so well, his finishing needs serious improvement though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Just in the door, that has made my week! Oh to be a gooner :D

AdamD wrote: »
    Would love a Hernandez/Solksjaer type signing in January, though not certain how well they'd suit our system. Giroud brings Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil and Rosicky into the game so well, his finishing needs serious improvement though.

The Striker issue is a dilemma. In one sense id love a goal machine but in another id like a lad that can provide link up play like Ollie. I do believe though that this striker should be as good if not better then what we already have in order to intensify competition within the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

The Striker issue is a dilemma. In one sense id love a goal machine but in another id like a lad that can provide link up play like Ollie. I do believe though that this striker should be as good if not better then what we already have in order to intensify competition within the squad.

Giroud would be so much better if he was a little bit quicker. He cant really make runs in behind where Ozil and the likes would find him. Having Walcott back should make a massive difference

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

If we had Suarez I think we would be unstoppable

jonny666 wrote: »
    Giroud would be so much better if he was a little bit quicker. He cant really make runs in behind where Ozil and the likes would find him. Having Walcott back should make a massive difference

Id agree with you there.

Considering all the injuries we have at present its incredible that we are 5 points clear on top of the table. When you look at how Liverpool have never recaptured their glorious era it would make you glad to have Wenger who after a difficult financial period has brought us back to the very top

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Agreed.
    Even that though, he seems so calm in the game, he keeps the ball no bother, and then he finds a clinical pass and. . . bang!!
    I'll say it again, I can't wait for Theo to come back, great potential with him in the game!!

Same as you - I think when we get Theo back fit Ozil will create havoc, cos he'll find him.

Also great to see Santi come back and play so well - he played well midweek and was excellent again today.

We've Cazorla and Ozil in our midfield :D Geniusessesesesesess? Genii?

Ha ha ha just saw this on Facebook:

1451575_425021104266637_2121895987_n.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

That picture is even funnier when you take into account that Ozil is 6 foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Oho ooh that was sweeeet! COYG!!

Please let Hansen be on MOTD tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Raf32 wrote: »

Just came in to say that! I'm looking forward to him and Lineker and the bitterness. In fairness it's only part one of the job, United and so'ton two tough games also. But it's not impossible that we make a decent fist of it this year. What I wouldn't give for a lewandowski in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Something is wrong! We're not supposed to win games in November!!!!

4 points from southampton and united would put us a minimum 3 points ahead. would be brilliant.

He's not on tonight funnily enough, AND we're on first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

4 points from southampton and united would put us a minimum 3 points ahead. would be brilliant.

yeah, was just checking the program, there is another international break after the Man Utd game - I think for the World Cup play offs. Hopefully it will give some time for players to come back from injuries.

After the Man Utd game we have 3 home games (Southampton, Hull and Everton) and Cardiff away. Would love us 12 points in this four games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

GO GO GUNNERS!! :D

5 points clear lads its tough at the top :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Gringo180 wrote: »
    GO GO GUNNERS!! :D

5 points clear lads its tough at the top :D

Go, Go Gunners!!!
    That is all I say!!!
    Go On, Come On, Move on Gunners!!!

Great Day so far...

I don't want to get carried away but we are in great shape...

I'll keep up my pre match traditions just in case though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I don't think Hansen is on MOTD tonight unfortunately. Probably around at Michael Owen's house discussing how Liverpool respond after losing to a team that don't belong in the top four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ah good old Alan Shearer it now gone from we haven't played any decent opposition to now we haven't played one of the big three :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Motd really dont like us do they....*****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Don't think they said a lot wrong. There's a long way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Who cares what the MOTD crew think anyway? They are clueless

iMuse wrote: »
    Who cares what the MOTD crew think anyway? They are clueless

A big improvement on last week even if the Liverpool quotient was maintained. At least they praised the performance, something that Hansen couldn't bring himself to do last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm surprised to see both pundits just say flat out Arsenal have no chance of winning the title. Motd pundits are happy to sit on the fence and offer little insight most of the time, so I find it a little strange they're adamant the title won't be going to the Emirates. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, I just genuinely find it odd. Arsenal have played spurs and high flying Liverpool and have been very consistent against the lesser teams. Don't underestimate how important that last bit is, was it 07/08 when Arsenal had the best record against other top 4 sides but still managed to blow it? I wouldn't put Arsenal favourites right now, and will need luck with injuries. But they're definitely in with a shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

When is Theo back lads, I think we miss his pace in the team hopefully he is back for the Utd game next week?

Gringo180 wrote: »
    When is Theo back lads, I think we miss his pace in the team hopefully he is back for the Utd game next week?

I'm not sure he'd make the starting 11 after such a long time out but I think both he and Flamini are in contention.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement