Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

wonski wrote: »
    Now with 5 points up, United away doesn't bother me that much. After that 3 fairly easy fixtures to win.

Stop saying that there's easy fixtures please because there's not.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Spurs look really awful. I think Everton will finish higher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Spurs look really awful. I think Everton will finish higher

They have 7 clean sheets in 10 league games..good starting point don't ya think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

They have 7 clean sheets in 10 league games..good starting point don't ya think?

9 goals in 10 league games though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I would rather have Southampton at home than United away. Agreed easy isn't proper word, and not what I meant. No game is easy, but some are just easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

better say that there are difficult and less difficult.
    -Man Utd away is a VERY difficult
    -Southampton home is a less difficult (because it is home, not because Saints are not good)
    -Cardiff away is a less difficult
    -Hull home is less difficult (I'd even go as far as fairly easy tbh)
    -Everton home. . . I'd say quite difficult, they look very solid this year

5 games that I'd expect (and happily take) 10-12 points.

At what point do you think the idiots on MOTD will start to say we have a CHANCE of the title. Will a win next weekend do it for them or will they just focus on ManU being out of it rather than our good form

Hyzepher wrote: »
    At what point do you think the idiots on MOTD will start to say we have a CHANCE of the title. Will a win next weekend do it for them or will they just focus on ManU being out of it rather than our good form

When we are up 5 points 2 games before the end of the season, maybe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

St. Totteringham's Day has move a step closer after this weekends results.

LOVE IT!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Now with 5 points up, United away doesn't bother me that much. After that 3 fairly easy fixtures to win.

I think Southampton could prove to be a very difficult game they have the tightest defence in the league this year and could prove very hard to break down.

But first lets focus on Dortmund and United :).

As for Spurs they have been water tight but with so many new attacking players and Soldado currently struggling to adapt it's going to be tough for them, funny thinking back during the summer how many people were loosing the plot because of all the money and players Spurs were buying most of whom they bought wouldn't even make our starting 11 :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

LOVE IT!!

No idea what that is supposed to mean???? A draw at Everton is a good result, no??? the season is but 10 games old. Our goal is top 4 and will be for the season, so far so good even though we have been poor going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

What would people think about signing Chicarito in January? I think he'd be an excellent shout for the much needed striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

KingdomYid wrote: »
    No idea what that is supposed to mean???? A draw at Everton is a good result, no??? the season is but 10 games old. Our goal is top 4 and will be for the season, so far so good even though we have been poor going forward.

2ahyx6s.jpg

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

What would people think about signing Chicarito in January? I think he'd be an excellent shout for the much needed striker.
    We should be aiming higher. Not sure he's suited to playing centrally in our system either.

I think Southampton could prove to be a very difficult game they have the tightest defence in the league this year and could prove very hard to break down.

But first lets focus on Dortmund and United :).

As for Spurs they have been water tight but with so many new attacking players and Soldado currently struggling to adapt it's going to be tough for them, funny thinking back during the summer how many people were loosing the plot because of all the money and players Spurs were buying most of whom they bought wouldn't even make our starting 11 :).

I kind of agree on Southampton, but I also think they are a bit overestimated now. Apart from Liverpool game, they didn't have a chance to show how they play against the strong and in form teams. I am very confident the way we play now, and with players coming back we will be even stronger, and we should not be so afraid of Southampton just because some teams struggled to score when playing them.
    Just my opinion, and definitely we have to focus on United now, as they are coming back after not so good start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

LOVE IT!!

Chickens hatch count...remember 9 years without a trophy. There are no trophies handed out first week of November unfortunately.

I kind of agree on Southampton, but I also think they are a bit overestimated now. Apart from Liverpool game, they didn't have a chance to show how they play against the strong and in form teams. I am very confident the way we play now, and with players coming back we will be even stronger, and we should not be so afraid of Southampton just because some teams struggled to score when playing them.
    Just my opinion, and definitely we have to focus on United now, as they are coming back after not so good start.

Oh I'm not saying we should fear them or we wont beat them they and on current form there is no team we should fear just pointing out they wont be an easy team to beat and there are no easy points in the league ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

We should of went in for Mario Gomez before he went to Fiorentina, type of striker we need, half a chance in the box and its a goal. He would of cost half the price of the likes of Soldado and is much more prolific in front of goal than him ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Chickens hatch count...remember 9 years without a trophy. There are no trophies handed out first week of November unfortunately.

I believe Arsenal have won the St Totteringham's Trophy 9+ years running

Seriously lads, what age are ye? 7,8,9???? Bloody hell Arsenal are flying at the moment but the childishness is unreal.

• Advertisement

Seriously lads, what age are ye? 7,8,9???? Bloody hell Arsenal are flying at the moment but the childishness is unreal.

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original_zpsc6a8d2a0.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Meanwhile you ignore the poster he was quoting clearly trying to get a rise out of people, what did you expect? Selectivism.

To paraphrase Gloria....one game at a time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

not having a go but it might be best avoiding threads that are likely to upset you.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Why so touchy? you're in fourth, that's exactly where you want to be I thought? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

It's every season since 1996. Spurs finished ahead of arsenal last in 1995.

Fun fact - DVD's were announced in 1995!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Stewart Robson about to appear on Talk Sport. Be interesting to see if he still thinks we're s**t

greendom wrote: »
    Stewart Robson about to appear on Talk Sport. Be interesting to see if he still thinks we're s**t

Well not so dismissive as he used to be. We can pass any team off the park but although our defenders have improved we have no defensive "plan". Rodgers should have exploited our poor positioning at times yesterday. However as long as Wenger doesn't have a "meltdown" we can stay "right up there".

He couldn't help himself though and had to get a dig in saying that if we lost to Dortmund on Weds we would be out off the CL which is Arsene's be all and end all.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    not having a go but it might be best avoiding threads that are likely to upset you.

Fair point. My own fault for coming in to have a look, will keep out in future know its all banter at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Gringo180 wrote: »
    We should of went in for Mario Gomez before he went to Fiorentina, type of striker we need, half a chance in the box and its a goal. He would of cost half the price of the likes of Soldado and is much more prolific in front of goal than him ;)

Gomez doesn't work hard enough for the team to fit in under Wenger.

Granted we do have a similar player in Bendtner but that's not out of design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

We should be aiming higher. Not sure he's suited to playing centrally in our system either.

I suppose so. When you say aiming higher, I assume you mean the likes Lewandowski and Suarez? I just can't see pushing the boat out that far again so soon in January, and we really need someone then. I suppose someone like Llorente on loan could tide us over til the summer and then look to go big again.

Llorente on loan would probably be ideal but I think he's started/scored in recent games for Juventus.

On Lewandowski, I don't think that it's 100% he has to go to Bayern. I mean Mandzukic isn't exactly a poor player nor struggling for form. Then again you could say the same with Oli for us.

Suarez would be ideal seeing as he can play on the flanks but it's not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

A testament to his self belief and confidence at the moment is the fact he can have such little impact and yet take a strike like that pretty much out of nothing. Ramsey's whole body language has changed from a player who was coming back with all these insecurities after a career threatening injury to a player whose belief is sky high. The whole aura around the man has changed. Even in interviews the normally shy retiring kid has become a man almost overnight.

During pre season, people said Ramsey was our best player

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gus99

He couldn't help himself though and had to get a dig in saying that if we lost to Dortmund on Weds we would be out off the CL which is Arsene's be all and end all.

How does he figure that? If Arsenal and Napoli both lose in Dortmund and both beat Marseille at home then Arsenal would need a point in Napoli to finish 2nd. Not easy but certainly achievable.

I'd like to beat Dortmund and have them sweating to make it too. Wouldn't fancy having to head to Naples looking for a win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ramsey 10 (6)
    Giroud 8 (5)
    Ozil 3 (2)
    Podolski 2 (2)
    Wilshere 2 (2)
    Cazorla 1 (1)
    Arteta 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Mertesacker 1 (1)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Walcott 1 (0)

(League goals in brackets)

I definitely wouldn't have bet on Ramsey being our first player to break into double digits. Fair play to him.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are we on rte Wednesday night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Are we on rte Wednesday night?

Yep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Yep.

Watching it on mute so.

Early ko I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Early ko I think.

whats this?

it's 7:45 is it not, i seen sky are starting from 6 though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

It's always 7:45

...sky just like to drag the absolute bollicks out of everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

FearDark wrote: »
    It's always 7:45

...sky just like to drag the absolute bollicks out of everything.

in soviet russia...

Arteta did the Flamini role with ease in the Liverpool game.
    Was a joy to behold

Ramsey, nothing more can be said.

As i see it, we have better players in this team then Ozil right now.:cool:

I suppose so. When you say aiming higher, I assume you mean the likes Lewandowski and Suarez? I just can't see pushing the boat out that far again so soon in January, and we really need someone then. I suppose someone like Llorente on loan could tide us over til the summer and then look to go big again.
    Someone like those guys or someone with that sort of potential who can already play at a pretty high level. We probably won't be able to get anyone like that in Jan so a loan might be useful. Not sure about Llorente though, he hasn't played much football lately and you'd want a six month loanee to hit the ground running. Might have issues adapting to the PL and England too.

Maybe if Milan are still 16 points adrift of the CL spots in Jan we could per$uade them to loan us Mario until the end of the season? :pac:

Lewandowski would be available for 20m I think, maybe even a little less.. Persuading him to join would be the hard part. Seems unlikely but if Wenger could persuade Ozil why not him? Should at least try.

Is it just me or does silly season seem to be kicking off a bit earlier than usual this year?

The transfer window isn't open for a while yet and were already being linked with every CF possible. Seen Pato, Suarez, Lorente etc today.

During pre season, people said Ramsey was our best player

i never take too much notice of pre season tbh

Outside the fact that it's Spurs we are talking about, but what are people's opinion on the Lloris incident? I think there are similarities with Flamini - albeit he never lost conscience. Should there be a FA directive on this?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement