Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Well done lads. Amazing what you can do with a half competent person in charge of transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

10.23pm BST
    Mesut Ozil is speaking about why he has chosen to sign for Arsenal. Quotes and confirmation to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Wow!

Wenger knows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Nice one, wallet finally opened with 35 mins to go :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Amazing transfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

gunnerblog ‏@gunnerblog 1h Ozil: "When talking with Arsene Wenger I immediately felt what I had missed: 100% faith in me." Expand gunnerblog ‏@gunnerblog 1h Mesut Ozil confirms he will join Arsenal. "I am looking forward to my future in the Premier League."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Outstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Looper007 wrote: »
    For some of us, it's just not enough. I'm over the moon we signed Ozil and was happy when we taught we had Ba on loan. Once the Ba deal went dead is when I got upset cause If Giroud gets injured we are screwed. We need another forward. I'm glad you happy.

Before Ozil, Liverpool wouldn't sell us Suarez because they taught we were a rival. While i disagree with that, they were right in thinking that we were most likely to drop from the top four.

After Ozil, Chelsea supposedly won't loan us Ba because they see us as a rival. This is hearsay admittedly.

Now we're still in exactly the same place in the league and I'm not stupid enough to think one player will make that much of a difference.

But it's such a statement of what the club want to do from here on in.

Today I told a Man U fan that I've worked with for nearly a decade that we were signing Ozil. He shot me a look that I'd never seen before. It was a kind of jealousy mixed with worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

soc_g_wenger_d1_576.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

BTMApiVIEAAlFiF.jpg

Nice one Arsene - Mesut Ozil, Santi Cazorla, Jack Wilshere - get the ball off us bitch€s!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Perhaps the delay was getting the cheque out of Wengers hands :)

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Well done lads. Amazing what you can do with a half competent person in charge of transfers.

You mean the guy who sold yous RVP last year? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I'm actually very happy right now. A great player hopefully he will turn into one of our best players. Come on OZIL!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Been waiting all summer for this one
    south_park_smug_prius.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

What Per wants he gets!! End of story! Welcome Ozil to the best Club the world has ever seen:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Yes boi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

t01b12d_Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

The best player signed by any premier league team this summer.

Fair play lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Not only have we just signed Ozil we have just sent out a huge message to the rest of Europe and every team in the EPL that were now serious, were a threat.

Having signed Ozil now other players will look at Arsenal now as an attractive proposition once again and a team who are serious about winning titles. Sponsors will have noticed this aswell you can be sure of that.

It will give our own current players a huge boost morale will be sky high the like of Gnabry and Zelalem will really look up to him.

This signing has nothing but positives for Arsenal on and off the pitch. Im delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I can't even recall the last time we signed such an establish name. . . must be years and tears ago.

Great transfer indeed!!!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I genuinely feel like I've just witnessed the start of a new era at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Relief.... sweet relief, it's done! Yay!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

270220.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Signing of the summer. Incredible.

Now, they've a half an hour to turn a good window into a great window. Get a striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Ozil seems happy enough moving to arsenal after all :pac:

gecko_1939224i.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

dear fans of real madrid,

thank you very much for three wonderful years with all of you. my time at real madrid was unique and special for me. sometimes things develop differently, than i would have expected them to a few days ago.
    although I’m leaving real madrid I wish you and the team the very best for the future.

now I’m looking forward to my new club: THE GUNNERS!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

FutureGuy wrote: »

Cheer. personally i just cannot believe how amateurish Woodward is. he's in one of the biggest and best jobs in football and he's ****ed this right up. player was desperate to sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

dear fans of real madrid,

thank you very much for three wonderful years with all of you. my time at real madrid was unique and special for me. sometimes things develop differently, than i would have expected them to a few days ago.
    although I’m leaving real madrid I wish you and the team the very best for the future.

now I’m looking forward to my new club: THE GUNNERS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

This is a new dawn.

Epic!

• Advertisement

This is a new dawn.

Epic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

First pics in an Arsenal Shirt

1185345_10201002732525346_1637760040_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Mesut Özil: Since he joined La Liga in 2010, Özil has created 324 chances - 113 more than any other player

dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Welcome to Arsenal Ozil.

270221.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Think we have come out best of the Bale transfer saga :D:D:D

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty sure the Ozil transfer broke boards.ie for a few minutes there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ozil broke boards it fooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

As a pool fan just want to say thats an absolute cracking signing. Real coup for the premier league. Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham could really shake up the league this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Noo

Im on the other side of the world but just come on boards as I do each and every morning for my usual lack of arsenal news.... WTF is going on here?!?!? Nearly dropped my phone in my corn flakes!

Can't believe it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Not only have we just signed Ozil we have just sent out a huge message to the rest of Europe and every team in the EPL that were now serious, were a threat.

Having signed Ozil now other players will look at Arsenal now as an attractive proposition once again and a team who are serious about winning titles. Sponsors will have noticed this aswell you can be sure of that.

It will give our own current players a huge boost morale will be sky high the like of Gnabry and Zelalem will really look up to him.

This signing has nothing but positives for Arsenal on and off the pitch. Im delighted.

He will give us that extra class that's for sure. Hopefully we don't get any more serious injuries and we be compete for the EPL that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Soooo fcukin happy this is huge and the knock on affects of this will be massive :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

congratulations.

signing of the summer.

bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

dxgkMyOJ-E

Agent Lukas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Yee must be over the moon with this signing. Incredible stuff.

Seen so many comments over the last year from arsenal fans about chelsea and city buying their success and yet not a blink here about blowing 45m on one player. Always respected Wenger for the way he kept Arsenal in the CL places when the likes of city and chelsea spend crazy money but throwing 45m at one player is just crazy. Honestly ruining the competitiveness of the league if something isnt done about these crazy transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Ozil Ozil to be Ozil to bea Gooner

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Ozil Ozil to be Ozil to bea Gooner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

BTMGqo0IEAA1RYx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Did Ozil's signing break boards?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

We own the best player in the league again. Chuffed to bits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement