Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

CatInABox wrote: »
    He writes for the Daily Mail, so my default belief is "No, until proven otherwise". He's not off to a get start.

He also presents the Drive time show on Talksport which includes a section called The Daily Arsenal which is primarily (but not always) used to poke fun at Arsene and arsenal. Has to be said that it has got a lot less critical with our current form .

He supports Peterborough United.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Gibbs and Gnabry have travelled. Wilshere out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Going to watch Utd away to Sociedad tonight! It will be interesting to see what team Moyes puts out, how they play ahead of the game against us on Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Any word on Flamini's injury for Sunday?

Any word on Flamini's injury for Sunday?
    Nothing today. Last update was

"He is a short-term injury, he could be available for Manchester United. He is out for Liverpool and Dortmund."

Him, walcott and wilshere all have tests later this week to see if they will be fit I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Apparently Walcott is out til after the internationals but Gnabry and Gibbs have travelled to Dortmund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

on Jack Wilshere...
    As you know he has not travelled because he has not practised. I will know more on Thursday when he has another test. If that is not a success he will definitely be out for Sunday, if he is out for Sunday he will be out for England as well.
    on other team news...
    Gnabry has travelled and is in the squad. Walcott is not far, he should be back soon after the break and Flamini has a good chance to be available on Sunday. Gibbs has travelled and should be available. Eisfield, he was with us this morning in training.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/team-news-who-is-fit-to-face-dortmund-

Gringo180 wrote: »
    If we did end up going into the Europa League (which we wont) there is not a hope Wenger would play any of our first team in it and rightfully so.

you think wenger doesn't take any competition he's in seriously?
    have a look at the teams he put out last year in the domestic cups and to what he played v chelsea last week

but it really depends on what you're calling first team, do you mean first 11?

& if everyone was fit who'd be first 11?
    back 5 + giroud would be the majority of the time
    it looks as wenger favours both flamini & arteta - this might be because of the lack of wide options, perhaps when everyone's available it'll one of the with one of ramsey/wilshere
    Özil, cazorla & walcott

so right there no: ramsey, wilshere, podolski, chamberlain, rosicky, etc.

you can argue that 11 and chop & change it but they're all first team players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

batistuta9 wrote: »
    you think wenger doesn't take any competition he's in seriously?
    have a look at the teams he put out last year in the domestic cups and to what he played v chelsea last week

but it really depends on what you're calling first team, do you mean first 11?

& if everyone was fit who'd be first 11?
    back 5 + giroud would be the majority of the time
    it looks as wenger favours both flamini & arteta - this might be because of the lack of wide options, perhaps when everyone's available it'll one of the with one of ramsey/wilshere
    Özil, cazorla & walcott

so right there no: ramsey, wilshere, podolski, chamberlain, rosicky, etc.

you can argue that 11 and chop & change it but they're all first team players

I doubt he would play any important players until the semi's if we got that far.

Fabianski

Jenkinson -- Vermaelen -- TBC -- Monreal

Frimpong -- TBC

Chamberlain
    Rosicky
    Gnabry

Bendtner

Something like that would be the strongest I'd expect. Even then it'd depend on injuries to the first 11. For example, if Gibbs is out then Monreal wouldnt be risked.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I doubt he would play any important players until the semi's if we got that far.

Fabianski

Jenkinson -- Vermaelen -- TBC -- Monreal

Frimpong -- TBC

Chamberlain
    Rosicky
    Gnabry

Bendtner

Something like that would be the strongest I'd expect. Even then it'd depend on injuries to the first 11. For example, if Gibbs is out then Monreal wouldnt be risked.

i suppose as well it depends on opposition but there's some quite good teams that'll be in it, it's not the mickey mouse quality it's made out to be at the KO stages

most of who you name would be likely to play but i don't know about frimpong, gnabry or maybe even bendtner if everyone was available

there's not much point having a decent enough squad if you're not going to use them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

We will murder Utd if they play Fellaini or Giggs in the centre of the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

indeed. but they do have some big game players, rooney and skunk.
    I think if we play in the same manner as against liverpool we will win.

Its frightening to think I wanted us to sign him. He honestly has to be the slowest professional footballer I have ever seen. Its no wonder no other clubs were in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

RVP missed a penalty tonight. Ah shucks. Hope it effects his confidence.:D:D

me too, i'm glad we didn't buy him, its like he's running through treacle.

god i hate ashley young though.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭handsfree

bad2dabone wrote: »
    me too, i'm glad we didn't buy him, its like he's running through treacle.

god i hate ashley young though.

young is a disgrace, he's subhuman!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Just in from work and gym and turned on the Juventus game but take it from what I just read United are playing a stormer :pac:, did they start there best 11? They do have the extra day recovery though the bastards :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Man Utd as a club need to have a word with Young - every person that I know that is a Man Utd fan - and that's a sizable number - hate him with a passion because 1) he dives so much 2) he's a bit sh1t - number 2 doesn't bother me :P

in fairness Young is an embarrassment to United, if we had a player like that i'd want rid too.

• Advertisement

We should go to Old Trafford and show this Utd team no respect whatsoever. We were very timid against them in this fixture last season but if we start the game with a bit of swagger we will batter them. They look a team devoid of any guile or cohesian.

We should go to Old Trafford and show this Utd team no respect whatsoever. We were very timid against them in this fixture last season but if we start the game with a bit of swagger we will batter them. They look a team devoid of any guile or cohesian.

That seems to be missing from United this season. Teams are more willing to have a go at them now that Fergie is gone. I think he was the fear factor rather than United themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Maybe we should all wait until we get the Dortmund game out of the way before we start talking about Sunday!

big time. when West Brom and Southampton head to old trafford and smell blood in the water you know there's a change in the air. I think United need to replace 5 players. They do have some real quality, but some poo aswell. Fergie was the force behind that side.

Its just a pity we are missing Walcott, he could of really exposed the likes of Vidic and Ferdinand with his pace.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Its just a pity we are missing Walcott, he could of really exposed the likes of Vidic and Ferdinand with his pace.

Could be strategic by wenger imo, if he was fit for that match then he would have to play for england.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Could be strategic by wenger imo, if he was fit for that match then he would have to play for england.

I doubt that, I couldnt see Wenger biting his nose off to spite his face. I personally think Walcott is a massive loss to us, and when he is back in the team he will score and create a hatfull of goals especially with Ozil supplying him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Rember that time Eduardo was banned from the CL for diving?

In retrospect, 4 years on, how fcukin unfair was that?

gosplan wrote: »

You would have expected it to set a precedent that would be maintained but not with UEFA or FIFA.

Not long before that incident Platini for some bizarre reason called Wenger 'an enemy of football' (for his recruitment policy of young players) yet he has had sweet fúck all to say about Busquets diving or racism or the public recruitment policies of certain big Spanish football clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I'm very weary of Utd. What better game to show the world that they aint a spent force.

Hopefully we wont give them an early goal this time 'round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I remember there was a lot of press banging the drum for Celtic after that match. Poor little Scottish football, small Celtic being knocked out. Bunch of winey maggots.

• Advertisement

great vid of the season so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

It seems we are constantly 1 step forward 2 steps back in regards the injury's, very frustrating. On the other hand those saying we have no squad depth are clearly wrong. What other team could deal with 6 or 7 injury's, most of them first team or close to first team, at the same time and still be top?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Gotta love the Germans :pac:BYVuDF9CcAA095j.png:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Hmmm let's not get too cocky lads!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Asking for trouble that :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Was that not overturned on appeal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Well we know what's going on the Man Utd dressing room wall on Sunday.

Asking for trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Was that not overturned on appeal?

Fair point. Just wondering why he was singled out?

Did they decided on the basis of that case that they couldn't ban anyone?

It's a fake:

Emirates%20Arsenal%20%20li%204_tcm133-1423887.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

What the hell is that they are pointing at? Looks like they are defragmenting a disk.

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    What the hell is that they are pointing at? Looks like they are defragmenting a disk.

It was an A380 flight simulator or something

Obviously a fake but still funny.

I hope united do come out aggresive on Sunday. Our players are much faster and will result in them giving away fouls and picking up cards.

Barring the 2 twats they have up front having an amazing game I cant see anyway we lose this game

I think we're almost guaranteed to see a Young or a Rooney dive for a penalty on Sunday.

Ref needs to have some bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Focusing on tonight a draw wouldnt be the end of the world but a win would basically put us through, going to be watching the other game at the same time hoping Marseille could at least get a 0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,130 ✭✭✭G1032

Arsenal 4/1 to tonight. Some odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

G1032 wrote: »
    Arsenal 4/1 to tonight. Some odds.

Already got on that, seems ridiculous. We were better than them in the last game.

Id imagine the same team as the weekend with maybe Monreal starting ahead of gibbs depening on how the leg is

Anyone know if there is a way to watch the next gen game. Zelalem is starting

Edit: Think I got it. Time for a productive afternoon at work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

• Advertisement

rhhWXrv.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement