Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Already got on that, seems ridiculous. We were better than them in the last game.

o_0

Unless you're just basing it on possession alone, two 15 mins spells aside, Dortmund were in control for most of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Gotta love the Germans :pac:BYVuDF9CcAA095j.png:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    o_0

Unless you're just basing it on possession alone, two 15 mins spells aside, Dortmund were in control for most of the game.

From what I remember, Arsenal seemed to me to have the upper hand for most of the second half (yeah I know obviously Dortmund got the goal) and Dortmund were a bit better in the first half. Pretty even game all in all.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

From what I remember, Arsenal seemed to me to have the upper hand for most of the second half (yeah I know obviously Dortmund got the goal) and Dortmund were a bit better in the first half. Pretty even game all in all.

I'd be more inclined to agree with your post than the other one that's for sure. I'd have given the edge to Dortmund, a slight edge though on overall play. I honestly wasn't terribly worried about Arsenal, but for those two spells I was on about, the one early in the second half in particular springs to mind.

Should be a belter tonight at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

big game tonight!

• Advertisement

Working 6-10 tonight!

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

I genuinly though Arsenal had a small edge in the last game vs Dortmund and were unlucky to lose. Nothing between them though on the night though.

4-1 seems about right to me. Dortmund are a top 4 team in Europe and will probably be on top tonight. Looking forward to it, should be a cracker. If we can get a draw It would be a very good result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    o_0

No, they weren't. Arsenal controlled the game from the middle of the first half until the second Dortmund goal. Not saying that we dominated, but we were certainly the better and more threatening side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Thought it was an even game at the Emirates and 1-1 seemed fair to me.

Ironically Dortmund have been incredibly wasteful in a lot of games in the last 18 months or so, so it was almost unusual to see them be so clinical at the Emirates.

Think the loss of Flamini will finally tell tonight and Reus and Mkhitaryan will have too much for Arsenal. Can Arsenal get a result? Yes. Will they? Seems unlikely to me. 2/3-1 for BVB.

That said, an Arsenal win wouldn't be a huge surprise and 4/1 is a decent price. I'd be looking to Ozil to have a big game tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Heres hoping we can at least match our last result out there when they only equalised in injury time

• Advertisement

big game tonight!

Mahoosive!!!
    We can do it.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

No, they weren't. Arsenal controlled the game from the middle of the first half until the second Dortmund goal. Not saying that we dominated, but we were certainly the better and more threatening side.

Dortmund were far from their best against us on the night, and I am expecting a better performance from them. They can score in the blink of an eye, 6 goals banged in at the weekend, they will be confident.

Would be very happy with a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Mahoosive!!!
    We can do it.:cool:

u alive again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Jesus Arsenal are 4-1!!

Seems like a huge price, we definitely edged the first leg anyway. I'm all over that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I'm confident we'll get somethig out of this game. Hopefully 3!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I kind of fancy us more against Dortmund away from home, we're likely to have less possession than we did at the Emirates and with both sides being superb at counter attacking that'll probably suit us. And our away record has been better than our home one all year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

AdamD wrote: »
    I kind of fancy us more against Dortmund away from home, we're likely to have less possession than we did at the Emirates and with both sides being superb at counter attacking that'll probably suit us. And our away record has been better than our home one all year.
    I agree. Dortmund are killer on the counter attack, but they won't play like that at home. Hopefully a more open game will suit us an we'll be clinical enough to pick them off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Once we dont get beat tonight lads I will be happy enough. Hopefully Marseille can do us a favour, I will be cheeky and predict a 0-0 draw in Naples.

Lads we miss that bit of pace Theo gives us on the counter, I would think of deploying Gibbs on the left wing and Monreal left back just to add a bit of pace going forward for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

looking forward to this match. i think Dortmund done a bit of a smash and grab on us last game, hopefully we can give another good away performance in Germany like the last one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Predicting a 1 - 1 draw tonight. Cazorla for first goal.
    We will have to start well and defend in numbers. Focus from the start and see players encouraging each other all over the pitch.
    I seriously worry about further injuries as our bench is weak especially our defensive subs apart from Monreal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Backed us for the draw 3-1
    Backed Ozil first scorer 10-1

Rain pelting the windows, I'll be plonked in front of the TV having a bowl of stew cheering us on, it doesn't get any better than this.

Predicting a 1 - 1 draw tonight. Cazorla for first goal.
    We will have to start well and defend in numbers. Focus from the start and see players encouraging each other all over the pitch.
    I seriously worry about further injuries as our bench is weak especially our defensive subs apart from Monreal.

We need to be ruthless in front of goal too. Far too many times in these huge games we miss chance after chance and end up getting punished for it. Its the small details against the top top teams that wins you the match.

Just got Giroud at 11/1 to score first :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud

Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud

Now lets hope we shoot on sight tonight and not over-do the tippy tappy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

Fed up of commentators calling him Carzola!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

RAMBO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

RRRRRRRRAMBO!

19 mins to go. COYG!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Edge of the seat here now.

COYG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Randy Marsh

Oooooooooo MY GAAAAAAAWWWWDD AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GET IN YE FACKING BEAUTY YEEEEERRRRRRWWWWWW :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Great european win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Waaaaahhoooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

HUGE ****ING WIN.

HUGE BALLS ON THE GUYS.

• Advertisement

Was that enough of a test?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Tonight, Arsenal was a team that new exactly what wanted from the game.
    Thank you Gunners, you were brilliant!!!!

****ing wakners on rte, showing lewandowskis penalty appeal and sayin it was a stone waller but not showing there keepers assault on Kos. Boils me blood they do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

What a great result but in fairness Arsenal still havent played anyone worth talking about! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

shano_88 wrote: »
    What a great result but in fairness Arsenal still havent played anyone worth talking about! ;)

I'll drink to that, Cheers!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Fcuk RTE, we got the three points.

Have now beaten Liverpool and Dortmund on the trot let them doubt let them hate who gives a fcuk :D.

Brilliant result tonight no one gave us a hope in hell of coming out of there with a win tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Our defence said NEIN!! Tonight! Fantastic win. Brilliant resolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Dunphy saying that Liverpool aren't a big team.

In that case, if you don't play Chelsea, United or City; you have had an easy schedule.

This team really grew up tonight. Great things ahead with 1 or 2 good signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Arsenal 1 - 0 Spurs
    Arsenal 2 - 0 Napoli
    Arsenal 1 - 2 Dortmund
    Arsenal 2 - 0 Liverpool
    Dortmund 0 - 1 Arsenal

That there defence

Arsenal are getting better and better in all areas, especially defence.
    Only twice in 60 odd games since Dortmund failed to score.
    What a result.

Dunphy admires arsenal :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Dunphy is a feckin sack. Talking about our soft defence, less than ten minutes after we were the first team in over 60 to go to Dortmund and stop them scoring.

How is Johnny Giles a f***in expert? Expert me ar**. Hater more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

3 clean sheets in a row for chez

Cant take this smile off me face, I love this Arsenal team. Ill cry if we win something big this year, tears and all :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement