Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

How is Johnny Giles a f***in expert? Expert me ar**. Hater more like.
    Not professional he is right - sure we should have just gone out and beat them 4 nil

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Congrats. Every team needs luck to progress in the CL. If Dortmund qualify for the last 16, hope we get another chance at you guys though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

we are in a great position now in the group. Could be through by beating Marseille next round!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Congrats. Every team luck to progress in the CL. If Dortmund qualify for the last 16, hope we get another chance at you guys though :pac:

Cheers. I think all in all it was a fair pair of results between them.

Even enough and both teams suckered when going for the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Congrats. Every team luck to progress in the CL. If Dortmund qualify for the last 16, hope we get another chance at you guys though :pac:

Are you saying we were lucky to win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

A bloody good sign when you nick a 1-0 win although you mightn't have been the better team on the night

Deary me, ye may have mastered winning "ugly" too! Good luck to ye on sun, ye're deserved PL faves if ye nick a win at OT imo. And ya know what I think ye'll do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

I wouldn't be too worried about that not happening if I were you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Dunphy saying that Liverpool aren't a big team

They're not.

Dortmund are though.

Both games could easily have gone the other way. 2 top teams with not a lot between team and players out injured at the minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

napoli will be giving it socks Vs Dortmund, I feel we'll still need a result over in Italy.

We're capable of it.

Now, lets on to Sunday. and. Payback to the Skunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Giles actually saying some managers would prefer to loose if it means their team show a good response than win the game and don't show a response?

I'm sick of Giles and dumphy, they like trap need to resign and worry about keeping the other foot out of the coffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Fcukin hate November

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

This was an extremely difficult game - so little space to play, very tight and difficult field. Somehow we did stop them from scoring, and RAMSEY, you HERO!!!
    Defence did really well, the best result we could get. And I didn't have to watch it with the incompetent RTE croud, instead I could watch it with even more biased polish TV. And guess what - this would keep them quiet for a while:D
    Can't wait for Utd game - we survived this, we can turn it into some really nice score on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Soups123 wrote: »
    Fcukin hate November

But this is OUR November.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

sack wenger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭handsfree

We were lucky tonight but what a result.
    We lacked a ball carrier in the first half that would have given us some penetration. Walcott back will give us another dimension.

BYa2YjFIIAAFTDG.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gus99

Could be the first time a team does not get through to the knock-out stages on 12 points. Just as long as it's not us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

So does George Hamilton actually think Koscielny is the keeper or ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

handsfree wrote: »
    We lacked a ball carrier in the first half that would have given us some penetration. Walcott back will give us another dimension.

It's a tricky balance though - Walcott would have replaced Rosicky if he'd played tonight and Mozart was absolutely immense tonight. Then again at 33 he can't play 3 times a week all season

• Advertisement

Hmmm, I don't tend to agree myself

Arsenal took their chance and that's what it came down to in the end to put it ridiculously simply. I said at the start of the 2nd half if ye could weather the early ten minute storm ye could well go on and win. And ye did just that. Granted Dortmund could well have won on another night but bar that 15 mins I don't think Dortmund were all that superior despite what RTE may say!

Was really impressed with Arsenal after the goal. Incredible workrate there'll be sore legs tomorrow, some lads ran their holes off to simply cut out backpasses

Like the Irish health system with this test being put back all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

I'm glad Wenger left Arteta on, could have backfired, but even an Arteta on a yellow card was our best option for the "DM" role. Hopefully Flamini will be fit Sunday, good to have both of them available.

Ozil not exactly outstanding but he did make the decisive pass in the game.

Kos + Mert; about time they started getting the credit they deserve from "pundits", particularly Mert.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

peabutler wrote: »
    So does George Hamilton actually think Koscielny is the keeper or ??

He mentioned it several times :pac:

At least it wasn't on TV3, youd have Trevor Welsh calling Mertesacker-Ozil and Sceszney-David Seaman...and you'd be lucky because normally its passed to "the Arsenal man" and his commentary will at least be 5 or 6 seconds behind.

Gerry91 wrote: »

Arsenal took their chance and that's what it came down to in the end to put it ridiculously simply. I said at the start of the 2nd half if ye could weather the early ten minute storm ye could well go on and win. And ye did just that. Granted Dortmund could well have won on another night but bar that 15 mins I don't think Dortmund were all that superior despite what RTE may say!

Was really impressed with Arsenal after the goal. Incredible workrate there'll be sore legs tomorrow, some lads ran their holes off to simply cut out backpasses

Exactly we had 45 mins of great football in the first leg but they caught us on the break.

Everyone was raving about them.

When was the last time ye lost an away game? April?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I was on a date night with my bird tonight but managed to drag her into a pub for the game.

Stay classy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Thought Gibbs and Sagna were dodgy at times too tonight. A bit nervous especially Gibbs. I thought the narrow pitch hampered our style and passing game. Our midfield players were quiet in the first half but got to grips with the game in the second half. Ozil was very good on the right in the second half.
    Giroud was poor too, not holding the ball in his usual fashion but contributed well to the goal. Koscielney, Mert and Rosicky were brilliant.

Very happy with that win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

We're Getting all these results with a lot of important players out. Will have some options when they are back.

Fûcking delighted :)

Dortmound were lucky to beat us at the emirates. we hit the post and had some other chances we should have buried in that game so all is fair and balanced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Credit to Arteta as well he was threading water all second half and he used his head and adjusted his position so he wouldnt be on the wrong side of his man. Very intelligent stuff. What a defensive performance that was absolute heros cant wait to hear Wengers post match interview.

March against Spurs

Arsenal's last 15 away games:

WWWWWWWWWWWWDWW

Dortmound were lucky to beat us at the emirates. we hit the post and had some other chances we should have buried in that game so all is fair and balanced

Oh completely agree! Both could have gone either way!

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Arsenal's last 15 away games:

WWWWWWWWWWWWDWW

Crikey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

I want this team to win something big so badly. For the players themselves more than anything else. Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Sagna, Cazorla, hell even Flamster now that he's back, all deserve it so much for what they've done for this club.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

love this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭handsfree

Jaafa wrote: »
    I want this team to win something big so badly. For the players themselves more than anything else. Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Sagna, Cazorla, hell even Flamster now that he's back, all deserve it so much for what they've done for this club.

I completely agree, shipping RVP and Song was the end of the bottler generation. The team now has so much character and fight. Arteta & Mert has been central to this new backbone. I am loving it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

haha
    The Ramsey Effect

775095792.gif

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    haha

ahh i just found out the gif was from last years CL final.

sorry :(

That's fine, it still is great (but would not like to see it if I was BVB fan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

buzz killington jr!

I was wondering why a few of them were wearing Wembley tshirts

Just seen spurs new ground will hold 56,000 people.

Well if they can't get one over on us in the league might aswell with stadium capacity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Well if they can't get one over on us in the league might aswell with stadium capacity!

The emirates holds over 60k so how are they getting one over us? :confused:

I was on a date night with my bird tonight but managed to drag her into a pub for the game.

Stay classy.

And the fact I'm here on boards and not with her tells ye how happy about it she was :D

Come on the gunners!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Big stadium for a mid table team imo.

Quazzie wrote: »
    The emirates holds over 60k so how are they getting one over us? :confused:

Oops! My bad

And the fact I'm here on boards and not with her tells ye how happy about it she was :D

Come on the gunners!

You have to start to think about the family:D
    Who goes on a date on Wednesday when there are CL games like these???

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement