Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

greendom wrote: »
    So much energy and zest for a 33 year old - seeing him at his best now. Going to be tough job for Arsene to pick his best team when everyone is fit.

He's 31

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    He's 31

Nope he's 33 ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

To be honest I wouldn't care what those planks think, And I for one thinks it's good nobody gives us credit or thinks we can go on, that way we can continue what we've been doing for the last 8 months without any pressure.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Under the radar - best way to win the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Ii think now is a fairly appropriate time to be cocky regarding Spurs. We're top of the league, have beaten Spurs, just beat second place very comfortably, and are also top of our Champions League group after beating the second best team in Europe last year. Spurs are somewhere beneath us, and playing Sheriff in the Europa League. :D

You are getting too giddy European Son. Great win last night but no trophies handed out in November. Remember the last time ye won anything was the year You Tube was launched:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

For a lot of people just beating you guys silly is more than enough reward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

We all remember what's happened in between. Nobody's getting too cocky. Just more optimistic than we've been for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    He's 31

No, he's 33.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

You are getting too giddy European Son. Great win last night but no trophies handed out in November. Remember the last time ye won anything was the year You Tube was launched:eek:

Don't like gloating but remember the last time Spurs finished above us, Internet was still in infancy and won't even remind you about spurs winning the league last time...:cool:

Sorry couldn't hold it...:D

Bit ironic a Spurs fan bringing up that old chestnut of the trophyless years ain't it?

Whens the last time yous won the league again?

Since Nuri called this last night with every post it looks more and more true the return of Berba.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

Some neck coming back in here after his posting in the Arsenal threads in March and April last season, it was funny to see him disappear completely once we overhauled them, made a right eejit of himself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Meanwhile, the last time Spurs won the league was when the first electric toothbrush was made.

Jaysus lads don't know who yere banging on about. I didn't realise only arsenal supporters could post in here.

imtdub wrote: »
    Don't like gloating but remember the last time Spurs finished above us, Internet was still in infancy and won't even remind you about spurs winning the league last time...:cool:

Sorry couldn't hold it...:D

It's nice to be able to say we have seen our team win the league three times in our recent lifetime, and to have footage of four or five Arsenal teams with the league trophy which isn't in black and white.

1961, wow, only old age pensioners have witnessed Tottenham winning the league title!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Where did spurs find their players to throw money at before youtube?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

jester77 wrote: »
    He has a 10 foot leg!

That's good, but this one is better (imho)

xbFbUlk.gif

Jaysus lads don't know who yere banging on about. I didn't realise only arsenal supporters could post in here.

Don't be so precious, we like yourself are just engaging in a bit of ol' friendly banter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

The last time ye won a league John F. Kennedy was inaugurated.

You have some cheek coming in here when ye are clearly at nothing with your small club. We finish ahead of ye EVERY year in the league, since when 1994? 20 years mate. What have ye won in lets say the last quarter century? Two league cups? We have 5 league titles, 5 FA cups and 2 league cups.

Small mid-table club, always be second to Arsenal.

That's good, but this one is better (imho)
    Great gif! I love how it shows all the players instantly and simultaneously switch from defence mode to attack mode

FearDark wrote: »
    The last time ye won a league John F. Kennedy was inaugurated.

You have some cheek coming in here when ye are clearly at nothing with your small club. We finish ahead of ye EVERY year in the league, since when 1994? 20 years mate. What have ye won in lets say the last quarter century? Two league cups? We have 5 league titles, 5 FA cups and 2 league cups.

Small mid-table club, always be second to Arsenal.

Funny part is to validate their argument they force themselves to consider the league cup a major trophy, that's about as prestigious as that Emirates cup we play every August :D

• Advertisement

I googled "Things that happened in 1961"...

Everything was in black and white...

Enough said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If we're not allowed to celebrate and enjoy a win like last night or revel in the fact that we are top of the league, then really what's the point.?

No one is saying we're going to win the league and this run may not last. All the more reason to enjoy it while it does.

Funny part is to validate their argument they force themselves to consider the league cup a major trophy, that's about as prestigious as that Emirates cup we play every August :D

Don't give me that..to stop the rot ye would all take that trophy. Do all fans not want to see trophy success? Damn right they do...

Don't give me that..to stop the rot ye would all take that trophy. Do all fans not want to see trophy success? Damn right they do...

Thats why we play our kids in the League Cup, and the finals when we get those too. We don't respect it. Would rather win the League. IF Arsenal took that competition seriously over the last 20 years we certainly would have won a few but the truth is its a meaningless competition. But congrats if it makes you feel good that ye have two league cups in the time we have two ourselves plus 5 leagues and 5 FA cups.

Slow claps.

Fans of big clubs want to see trophy success in the major competitions, you wouldn't know given you don't know what it's like to support a big club.

League cup or Champions League qualification? you're only fooling yourself if you believe the league cup is a bigger prize than playing in the champions league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah, that rot is just terrible right about now isn't it?

A league cup is a massive deal for a small club like Spurs tho.

No we wouldn't Champions League football and league position are far more important would I take your single league cup victory over our continued participation in the Champions League to put it bluntly fcuk no.

If you say to yourself you would your lying ;).

Enjoy playing Sheriff tonight while were just off the back of beating one of the best teams in Europe.

How degrading, Thursday nights in Europe playing "Sherriff"

Damn, wish we had that league cup :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

FearDark wrote: »
    Thats why we play our kids in the League Cup, and the finals when we get those too. We don't respect it. Would rather win the League. IF Arsenal took that competition seriously over the last 20 years we certainly would have won a few but the truth is its a meaningless competition. But congrats if it makes you feel good that ye have two league cups in the time we have two ourselves plus 5 leagues and 5 FA cups.

Slow claps.

To be fair it's not completely meaningless, it's a good chance to blood young players in a competitive environment.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Genuinely not trying to wind anyone up btw. Very touchy in here. I'm outta here. I'll drop back next May.

Genuinely not trying to wind anyone up btw. Very touchy in here. I'm outta here. I'll drop back next May.

Next time you come back make sure you have something more than a league cup as your argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Didn't say we'd win a trophy, just said we were vastly superior to Spurs. You can be vastly superior to Spurs as easily in November as at any other time of year :D

You were, you just failed, and instead of annoying people, you just got blasted with a load of home truths about your own club!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Right I changed my mind

We need arteta/flamini in the middle

Meet fire with fire don't be bullied or pushed around

Cazorla looses out

He comes on last half hour and we stuff them in there back yard

• Advertisement

Right I changed my mind

We need arteta/flamini in the middle

Meet fire with fire don't be bullied or pushed around

Cazorla looses out

He comes on last half hour and we stuff them in there back yard

I'd leave Rosicky out, as good and industrious as it is, at least Cazorla offers some width.

Lads arguing with spurs fans was the last few years

We're pushing on now out of our slump, leave them battle for 4th

We will be battling for the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ramsey 11 (6)
    Giroud 8 (5)
    Ozil 3 (2)
    Podolski 2 (2)
    Wilshere 2 (2)
    Cazorla 1 (1)
    Arteta 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Mertesacker 1 (1)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Walcott 1 (0)

(League goals in brackets)

Still no sign of Bender or Mr. Owen Goal yet...

I'd leave Rosicky out, as good and industrious as it is, at least Cazorla offers some width.

Rosicky will get his foot in and be better defensively

We have to meet them head on, earn the right too play

But after rosicky playing full 90 (just) last night he will prob start santi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Ah have to have Santi there, what a magical little player.

Really want to beat united well on Sunday in front of their fans who have disrespected Wenger through the years with their song, we all know which one I'm talking about, and the time he was sent to the stands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

The rot! I love it.

poor rotten old arsenal! I'd take stick off a fan of a successful club, Man U, Chelsea, etc but a Spud! it's comical!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Where are those stones coming from? Ah yes, the man that lives in the glass house down the road...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Jees lads, some of the stuff coming from both sides in here is very funny. I get that the Spurs fan was in here winding ye up and asking for trouble though.

But the one thing that annoys me is Fear Dark's constant use of the term ' mid table team'. Yes we have finished behind ye for years but we are not a mid table club anymore in fairness. I am guessing I will be attacked and abused for posting this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Glad it's cold this week, get to wear my scarf

bad2dabone wrote: »
    The rot! I love it.

poor rotten old arsenal! I'd take stick off a fan of a successful club, Man U, Chelsea, etc but a Spud! it's comical!

Why would you take stick off a Chelsea fan? Successful?..sure it's easy when you can throw billions at the team!

They finished 6th couple of seasons back, what did they do to address this issue? Throw 500 million at it. They are the proverbial plastic club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: A few in here are sailing a bit close to the wind right now with regards to potential baiting. Consider this a friendly warning for it to be toned down immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Why would you take stick off a Chelsea fan? Successful?..sure it's easy when you can throw billions at the team!

They finished 6th couple of seasons back, what did they do to address this issue? Throw 500 million at it. They are the proverbial plastic club.

that's true, i don't like spurs but i've more respect for them than chelsea - however there's no denying that chelsea are succesful. If awful.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Jees lads, some of the stuff coming from both sides in here is very funny. I get that the Spurs fan was in here winding ye up and asking for trouble though.

But the one thing that annoys me is Fear Dark's constant use of the term ' mid table team'. Yes we have finished behind ye for years but we are not a mid table club anymore in fairness. I am guessing I will be attacked and abused for posting this.

Absolutely would not attack/abuse you for that! Bare in mind, any use of the term "mid-table club" is most likely in response to attempts from certain people to wind us up in the first place, at the end of the day we know full well Tottenham are a bit more than that now! One point separating us in each of the last two seasons, and both teams have made good imporvements on last season, Arsenal's are more obvious right now, but Tottenham should get stronger as the season goes on and all these new players start to click/gel.

I'd have a lot of admiration for how Tottenham have grown as a club in the last decade, particularly for having not done it with the help of a sugar daddy, but I'll never be particularly fond of THFC though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Rosicky gave absolutely everything in the last 2 matches and he may not have enough in the tank to do it all again on Sunday. I'd replace him with Flamini

Rosicky is better defensively, but I'd hope/expect that Ramsey, Arteta and Flamini would do enough of that, so we can afford Ozil and Cazorla.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement