Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

efb wrote: »
    From twitter, I lolled

Ramsey should be Super Saiyan 3 at least :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Just woke up from us winning on Sunday 2 1. Got a ticket for the match and all.

They took the lead and we scored 2 goals in 5. Minutes. It seemed like I was there the whole 90 mins, one of the best games I ever saw!

Then I woke up....

Hearing that Giroud is injured anyone heard this?

He only said the other night hopefully he doesn't get injured and his luck seems in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,130 ✭✭✭G1032

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Watching Arsenal last night from behind the couch. Relieved and delighted to get the win. Was well impressed with Merts. Kos and Sagna. Gibbs has lost his fragility and playing very well. Giroud was disappointing, also Cazorla.

Am, no he wasn't. Worked his socks off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Hearing that Giroud is injured anyone heard this?

He only said the other night hopefully he doesn't get injured and his luck seems in.

There are some reports flying around on the web, but nothing really solid.
    Was just checking my FF team, they still show him as fit.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    There are some reports flying around on the web, but nothing really solid.
    Was just checking my FF team, they still show him as fit.

I think he has been carrying a knee injury for a few weeks and will miss Frances games probably what it's all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Minor knock and should be ok for Sunday if reports are to be believed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

come on arsenal lets do the business against united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ticket for the Everton game purchased. Boom.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Sunday is a really important game aside from the 3pts. At his stage we could lose and still be top, however loosing in a manner that we have done in past seasons will encourage those to pipe up that we really haven't improved. This could have a damaging effect.

On the flip side thumping them would officially make this November the best ever on record and maybe start to dismiss that old superstition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ticket for the Everton game purchased. Boom.

Coinciding with Podolski's return apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Sunday is a really important game aside from the 3pts. At his stage we could lose and still be top, however loosing in a manner that we have done in past seasons will encourage those to pipe up that we really haven't improved. This could have a damaging effect.

On the flip side thumping them would officially make this November the best ever on record and maybe start to dismiss that old superstition

I don't think we have to thump them, a win with playing the way we did against Liverpool should be enough confirm we've progressed from last season.

However I'm not sure if we will get to play the style of football we did against pool, United will most likely flood the middle of the park to try an stifle our play. If anything Moyes won't want to lose to us.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

greendom wrote: »
    Coinciding with Podolski's return apparently

Last game I went to was Fulham away, nice double from him that day. There was a German guy behind me with his young kid. They'd come over especially to see him and Mertesacker, good day for them. I think he may have enjoyed the rendition of 'Big Fúcking German' when Mertesacker applauded the fans on his way off the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

This video is about a year old but i've just seen it, worth a watch. Touches a bit on Arteta's leadership qualities and I love how Santi is always smiling and laughing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN-OpBxAKe4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Rooney on this morning on SS News goading Arsenal to prove they are title contenders on Sunday. Hope we ram it down his throat.
    Jesus I badly want us to win this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Rooney on this morning on SS News goading Arsenal to prove they are title contenders on Sunday. Hope we ram it down his throat.

Saw a pic on F365 of Rooney after the game that ended the Invincibles run. Got my blood boiling again, the cheat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

me too. THis is the biggie for me! haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Rooney is just sour we didn't sign him in the summer and is now trying to prove his loyalty/ trying to get back in with Utd supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

farna_boy wrote: »
    Rooney is just sour we didn't sign him in the summer and is now trying to prove his loyalty/ trying to get back in with Utd supporters.

i don't think so. I think he genuinely under-estimates us.

he's a great players when he's up for it, I think he'll be up for it on Sunday, but it won't be enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Turns out the Chinese did me a favour by making me leave the country. Otherwise it would have been the anniversary and gave me a tough time trying to work how to fit the game in.

Now I can enjoy guilt free. Thanks China

tedstee0042.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

I know these comparisons are flawed so no need to point that out, but nonetheless;

Top 8 since the 2-1 defeat at WHL (all teams played 20 games)

Arsenal 51
    Chelsea 43
    Liverpool 39
    Man City 38
    Tottenham 38
    Everton 37
    Man Utd 35
    Southampton 33

W-D-L F:A
    16-3-1 41:14 (Last 20 games, Mar13-Nov13))
    10-5-5 40:26 (Previous 20, Oct12-Mar13)

Scored 41 in our last 20 games, 40 in the previous 20. Conceded 14 in the last 20, and 26 in the previous 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Bergkamps book is currently only 49p for Kindle, think it's an error so get in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

The RTÉ panel get quite a bit of stick in here and they can really annoy me at times too but they made a very, very good point about Arsenal's defence without Vermaelen the other night:

They spoke about how there are no more silly offside traps being played constantly. So I gave it a little thought and yes; it was been so long since we've conceded due to a failed offside trap.

You only have to look back to games against Barcelona and then many other Premier League games in the past and there were plenty of mis-communications in the defence due to that.

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Not sure if anyones seen this yet but Piers Morgan is making an absolute tool of himself again, the man is a total embarrassment.

279500.jpg

maximoose wrote: »
    Bergkamps book is currently only 49p for Kindle, think it's an error so get in there!

;)

Ah thank you good sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

bad2dabone wrote: »

Emergingstar be honest is this your video?

Have to admit it was a great comeback from the man u fan in response to Morgan (who is a tool and i hate the fact he supports us).

The RVP video is hillarious - absolute genius :D Ramsey video...hmmm. kinda weird. :/

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

bad2dabone wrote: »

Well that was quite simply the greatest 2 minutes and 49 seconds of my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Loving the indignation from the United fans because some of us have suggested that we may win in Old Trafford this year :)

Its like we are renouncing their religion or something :D BLASPHEMY!!!

Quotes from Theo Walcott's autobiography seem to state that Van Persie bullied him and other young Arsenal players.

It's no secret that Van Persie is very arrogant and this was seen with the Dutch squad, but it's interesting to hear that Walcott feels the same.

I can't give a source that you guys will take seriously yet but it seems concrete.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Quotes from Theo Walcott's autobiography seem to state that Van Persie bullied him and other young Arsenal players.

It's no secret that Van Persie is very arrogant and this was seen with the Dutch squad, but it's interesting to hear that Walcott feels the same.

I can't give a source that you guys will take seriously yet but it seems concrete.

For some reason I'm not shocked by this in fact im more surprised that Theo has a autobiography out, he's only 24 isn't he? though I guess that shouldn't be surprising these days

For some reason I'm not shocked by this in fact im more surprised that Theo has a autobiography out, he's only 24 isn't he? though I guess that shouldn't be surprising these days

@gooner_1886 has quotes from Walcott's book on RVP

Not surprising at all. Wouldn't read an auto-biography from someone who has so much more to tell in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

greendom wrote: »
    @gooner_1886 has quotes from Walcott's book on RVP

link the profile could you

seems that the account is gone. My recollection is that Walcott was talking about a couple of games where RVP was having a go at him, moaning about how selfish he was and the lack of service he was getting. Once against Ajax in a pre-season friendly and on another occasion at half time in a Spurs match. Theo stood up for himself which apparently surprised RVP and made him even more annoyed. Theo recalls that he and RVP set up Gallas for the winner against Spurs in the 2nd half.

I never sensed a lot of division in the squad when RVP was there but without him it does seem to be more of a unit.

This season especially the amount of pics of the lads together on the team bus and on the way to games and generally just having a bit of craic makes it seem like they are a really close bunch. Will be good for sticking together if we do hit a bump

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I think we broke Dortmund. They lost again today.

• Advertisement

Chelsea losing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Sssssshhhhhh...

FearDark wrote: »
    I think we broke Dortmund. They lost again today.

I think we broke Chelsea when we let them win too.

:rolleyes:

I'd like to find the guy who told me that Wolfsburg were relegation-fodder this season actually.
    Very same guy was defiant Arsenal wouldn't come top 4 this season too.

Probably camouflaged in with the rest of us to be honest which is as it should be :)

Our rivals have gotten some incredibly dodgy pens this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Two points dropped by Chelsea.

AdamD wrote: »

Oh how i would love one tomorrow

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

AdamD wrote: »
    Yeah, that penalty was absolutely ridiculous. Unbelievable refereeing really.

Still, Chelsea dropped points and don't look very good.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

... can't stand Ramires incidentally, such a dirty player and a diver too.

• Advertisement

... can't stand Ramires incidentally, such a dirty player and a diver too.

Got no slack for disgusting play against us last season. He likes to kick defenders to 'get contact' before falling over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement