Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Yeah, that penalty was absolutely ridiculous. Unbelievable refereeing really.

Still, Chelsea dropped points and don't look very good.

I am expecting something similar tomorrow. United to get a few very dodgy decisions in their favour from their fan in black. Referees always look after them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

So a win tomorrow would leave us

11 ahead of Manu
    7 ahead of Chelsea
    5 ahead of Liverpool
    At least 5 ahead of Spurs and 6 ahead of Man City
    And what looks like 8 ahead of Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Pretty disgusting when things like that happen.

But we've had our fair share in the past too.

And Martin Atkinson has gotten us out of jail once (for definite) and another time which most likely would have resulted in a goal, by not allowing advantage.

So I'll take Chelsea's draw happily, today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Feel sick Chelsea got that peno, it was a disgraceful decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

FearDark wrote: »

He actually bounces himself off Reid to go down. It was a good quality act of deception.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Meh, they still dropped points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

bad2dabone wrote: »
    He actually bounces himself off Reid to go down. It was a good quality act of deception.

:rolleyes: Great quality then. Well done!

wonski wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Great quality then. Well done!

You know what I mean. I hardly approve of it. Keep your roll eyes to yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

never-a-pen.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

I am expecting something similar tomorrow. United to get a few very dodgy decisions in their favour from their fan in black. Referees always look after them.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

You know what I mean. I hardly approve of it. Keep your roll eyes to yourself.
    Apologies for rolleyes:o
    Sorry, followed the gameweek thread for fanatasy football, and thought You are one of them... Still 1 point only for them and everyone expected 3. Good result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Wilshere in squad tomorrow as confirmed by his twitter, good news, might have a decent bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Yeah, that penalty was absolutely ridiculous. Unbelievable refereeing really.

Still, Chelsea dropped points and don't look very good.

We got a very lucky penalty against West Brom last year as I remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

:pac:
    BYkUQHBIUAAVne6.jpg

Pochettino is doing some job with southampton isn't he?
    3rd in the league and good value for it. Fair play to him.

Pochettino is doing some job with southampton isn't he?
    3rd in the league and good value for it. Fair play to him.

Yes, indeed.

Although, it will be interesting to see if they can keep it up with them playing Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa, City, Newcastle and Spurs in the their next 6 games.

A very admirable side though.

they're really putting the cat amongst the pigeons though, last season most of the sides looking for a CL spot would be banking on wins against them - this season its not even close to guaranteed. if they can take points from Chelsea City and spurs out of that run i'd be delighted.

For sure. Arsenal hammered Southampton at the start of last season and there just seems to be a huge sense of solidarity within their club ever since the new manager arrived.

They were leaking goals at the beginning of last season which was unfortunate because they were so close to beating City and United.

Now, the balance in their team is almost sexual with their full-backs doing a brilliant job, Lovren and Fonte cruising at the back and Lallana orchestrating everything.

But despite all that romanticism, I expect Arsenal to beat them at the Emirates. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Hope Ramsey scores the winner tomorrow

Pretty well known him and van persie hate each other

Hope Ramsey scores the winner tomorrow

Pretty well known him and van persie hate each other

Him and 20 million other gooners.

• Advertisement

Here's a hilariously regrettable article about Van Persie and Ramsey's apparent bust-up.

The writer takes Van Persie's side, calling him loyal for denying a bust-up and understanding his anger.

Oh, hind-sight.

http://arsenalbanter.com/van-persie-says-arsenal-must-sell-ramsey-to-win-title/2638

The comments, especially the first one, are great fun to read too.

Argh! terrible news the night before the game, we've sold another great player to man united!

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2008/Jun/Ramsey-fee-agreed.aspx

oh wait its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Good morning Arses. Game day and the butterflies have started. My wife invited her parents over for dinner today and her father is a massive United fan. Laxative in his starter? Really hope we just give a performance that we can be proud of. Should have absolutely no fear.

COME ON ARSENAL

If Wilshere is fit enough I'm still not sure he should start. If United decide to play an overly physical game his newly healed ankles will take some battering

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

keano_afc wrote: »
    Good morning Arses. Game day and the butterflies have started. My wife invited her parents over for dinner today and her father is a massive United fan. Laxative in his starter? Really hope we just give a performance that we can be proud of. Should have absolutely no fear.

COME ON ARSENAL

I think Arsenal should be going there to win the game, utd are there for the taking. They have been shocking at home this season. If they go there being happy with a draw it will play into utds hands. It should be a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

CatInABox wrote: »

The most shocking thing about that article is the basic spelling errors in it.

It's no secret at all that Bendy boots wants to leave, and Wenger obvously had a late deal fall through that meant he needed him to stay as back up. As a back up striker he is ok to have on the bench, but being perfectly honest, I never want to see him starting for the club again as he just isn't good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Here's a hilariously regrettable article about Van Persie and Ramsey's apparent bust-up.

The writer takes Van Persie's side, calling him loyal for denying a bust-up and understanding his anger.

Oh, hind-sight.

http://arsenalbanter.com/van-persie-says-arsenal-must-sell-ramsey-to-win-title/2638

My favourite bit:
    Ramsey is not good enough. I say we should loan him out for a season and see how he does. It did wonders for Bendtner.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Oh, hind-sight.

In fairness you don't need to go back that far to see some hilarious comments on Ramsey!

• Advertisement

Rumours that Meets was sick after training yesterday. Hope he's ok for today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ok 2 of my forwards for my FF team have scored this weekend after Remys goal against Spurs! Guess who the third one is. Cmon Monsieur Giroud make it a clean sweep for me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

RVP out with groin strain apparently

dvemail wrote: »
    RVP out with groin strain apparently

Mate, you've gotten my hopes up to an astronomical level.

Please be sure about it!

Mate, you've gotten my hopes up to an astronomical level.

Please be sure about it!

Few on twitter saying it. Hence the apparently. Will have to wait a while longer before it's confirmed or not.
    Hope its true.

Also were linked to Barca's Pedro. Day going well so far....

• Advertisement

dvemail wrote: »
    Few on twitter saying it. Hence the apparently. Will have to wait a while longer before it's confirmed or not.
    Hope its true.

No contempt at all mate!

You've spiced up my afternoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

If mert is out, I'm putting my faith in verm to do the job.

Who do you guys follow to get all this news, guys?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hope that result is an indicator of our fortunes for the rest of the day.

Loving the Toon right now

• Advertisement

First result of day is a good start. Spurs lose ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Spurs lose at home!
    ITzedXg.gif

TOON ARMY!

Now all I can say is CMON SUNDERLAND!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

What exactly did Sp*rs spend 100 million on? Also nine goals in 11... lol.

Boring boring Sp*rs!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Boring boring Sp*rs!

Ah but only if we had their squad depth :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mesut Ozil

Spuds lose and Sunderland have scored. Can we have two excellent weekends in a row?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Boring boring Sp*rs!

They have beaten no one of any note at all. The best team they've beaten this year was Swansea probably.

Even if we don't win matches against the top four this year we are still in with a shout I think. We are the only team fairly consistent against the smaller teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

repeat of this please rambo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think God just decided to be an Arsenal fan this year. Now if we get a win later then I might start to go back to mass

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement