Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moss

• 02-09-2013 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

What is the best thing to do to get moss of a tarred street

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

Salmonman wrote: »
    What is the best thing to do to get moss of a tarred street

Power wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Salmonman

david-k wrote: »
    Power wash.

Did that today but there is stil a green shine of the tar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Have you tried sunshine? :)

You can also try Jeyes Fluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

try this stuff ,i have heard good reports about it.
    http://www.mossgo.co.uk/patios-and-driveways.shtml

i have bought 5 litres myself and will be applying it to my roof this week weather permitting...there is an agent in ireland in wicklow,the link is on the uk site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭golfbgud

bazbrady wrote: »
    try this stuff ,i have heard good reports about it.
    http://www.mossgo.co.uk/patios-and-driveways.shtml

i have bought 5 litres myself and will be applying it to my roof this week weather permitting...there is an agent in ireland in wicklow,the link is on the uk site.

How did it go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

went well...removed heavy moss with brush and sprayed on a good dry day..within a day or so it changed colour and most of the moss has fallin off and what remains (very little)looks very brown and dead...only reason i went at it myself is its a bungalow so not much height involved,it would be tricky on a 2 storey ...the proper system to apply it is an extendable pole brush sytem i just spayed it from the ridge tile down .so all good...

Advertisement