Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missleading letter

Options
  • 02-09-2013 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I received last week a letter from.eircom that says:

1. That efibre is now available in my area
    2. That I was upgraded from my 8mb to 24mb for free.

So I called to find out about efibre and I learnt that

1. efibre is not available in my area.
    2. I was not upgraded to 24mb

Not a good startt...however the lady on the phone said she would do the upgrade to 24mb for free and I should see the higher speed within 2 or 3 days, latest today Monday. Nedless to say this hasnt happened.

I called again and now I am told by the end of the week.

I dont really want to call anymore...if I have to once again, it is to cancel the service. Ultimately I have been out of contract for a few months.

Can you please get this sorted for me and provide a true date for efibre to be available in my area?

Thanks,
    Gustavo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Gustavo
    If you PM me your line number I can certainly check this for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Pm sent
    Thanks

Any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭masker

they should  be able to tell but if they are not you can call eircom bb support, 1890260260

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

masker wrote: »
    they should  be able to tell but if they are not you can call eircom bb support, 1890260260

Hi Gustavo,

I'm sorry to hear this.

I have checked your account and can see the broadband order is due for completion on Monday.

I have also checked for Fibre in your area and we are upgrading the Fibre in your exchange at the moment and will continue until the end of September however the cabinet in your area/estate also needs to be upgraded for the service to work. I'm afraid we have no lead time on this. You can use the on-line checker on www.eircom.ie.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement

Tracey can you please also confirmed that this is not a new 12 months contract as agreed during the call?

I want to make sure there is no inadvertent mistake on eircom's side.

Hi Gustavo,

I'm sorry to hear this.

I have checked your account and can see the broadband order is due for completion on Monday.

I have also checked for Fibre in your area and we are upgrading the Fibre in your exchange at the moment and will continue until the end of September however the cabinet in your area/estate also needs to be upgraded for the service to work. I'm afraid we have no lead time on this. You can use the on-line checker on www.eircom.ie.

Thanks

Tracey

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

gzoladz wrote: »
    Anyone?
    Hi gzoladz

The minimum term of an efibre contract is 18 months.

Has there been an increase in speed now that the upgrade order has completed?

Mark

I was referring to the speed increase when I asked about the new contact.

Can you please advise?

Thanks

Anyone? This should be easy enough to confirm.

• Advertisement

Anyone? This should be easy enough to confirm.
    Hi gzoladz

Can you confirm what you want to clarify about the speed please.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

I want to make sure that the increase in speed from 8 to 24 does not mean a new contract.

Thanks,
    Gustavo

Hi Mark,

I want to make sure that the increase in speed from 8 to 24 does not mean a new contract.

Thanks,
    Gustavo
    Hi Gustavo

I got the account details from Tracey and confirmed no new contract was applied as part of the upgrade.

Mark

Thank you Mark.
    Gustavo

Thank you Mark.
    Gustavo

No problem Gustavo

Mark

Mark, i have just received a letter saying that I am in a new 12 months contract due to the upgrade...can clarify.

I want a written rectification.

Thanks,
    Gustavo

Mark, i have just received a letter saying that I am in a new 12 months contract due to the upgrade...can clarify.

I want a written rectification.

Thanks,
    Gustavo
    Hi Gustavo

I double checked the account today and spoke to a manager in cancellations. Both confirmed the account is still not under contract.

What date was the letter sent?

Mark

Hi Mark'

I received it yesterday. It says thanks for the loyalty, etc and on the back are the details of the contract and it says 12 months.

Let me know if you want me to send you a copy somewhere.

Thanks,
    Gustavo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Hi Mark'

I received it yesterday. It says thanks for the loyalty, etc and on the back are the details of the contract and it says 12 months.

Thanks,
    Gustavo
    Probably just a standard pre-typed letter they send to everyone gzoladz. If you were entering a contract they would tell you this over the phone and would read out the T&C's which you would keep having to say yes I agree/understand etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Lol, no.
    That is most certainly not the case.
    Chris___ wrote: »
    Hi Mark'

Thanks,
    Gustavo
    Probably just a standard pre-typed letter they send to everyone gzoladz. If you were entering a contract they would tell you this over the phone and would read out the T&C's which you would keep having to say yes I agree/understand etc

• Advertisement

Hi Mark'

Thanks,
    Gustavo
    Hi Gustavo

I have been advised if you want to contact our save team on 1901 - option 1 - option 4 they can arrange the letter for you.

Or even just call them and ask if you are under contract and they will confirm what I have outlined.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Apologies but if I have to call eircom one more time it will be to cancel. Review this thread and you will understand.

Can please organise the letter for me?

Thanks
    Gustavo

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

I got the newsletter as well saying e-fibre is available in my town ( Newcastle West, Co.Limerick ) and when I rang the 1800 number I was told it's not available.

When I go onto the e fibre map it's showing Newcastle West is eFibre is available.

What is going on?

Are customer service not being not being kept informed?

Hi Mark,

Apologies but if I have to call eircom one more time it will be to cancel. Review this thread and you will understand.

Can please organise the letter for me?

Thanks
    Gustavo
    Hi Gustavo

Apologies we can not arrange the letter directly from here.

Mark

Advertisement