Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim Show, were you there ?

Options
  • 02-09-2013 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Yesterday I visited Trim Show what a disappointment. Why do they let people drive through the stands this is an accident waiting to happen. One guy I watched driving slowly by taking it all in , he never got out. There were several others . What does it take the death of a child to stop this dangerous practice. I paid in Ten Euro and when I went to pay for a cardboard half filled cup of tea in the marquee they tried to charge me 2.50 , it was 1.50 on the big display but the lady said it was 2.50 as they were using a different price list.It was 1.95 with a meal later served in a real cup in the Castle Arch I was glad I was a man, fancy getting your guna wet peeing in port a loo.Does anyone else have views on this event , the kindest word I can use is amateur.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

What does it take the death of a child to stop this dangerous practice.

What? There was a child killed at the show? Never heard anything on the news about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

What? There was a child killed at the show? Never heard anything on the news about that.
    I was making a serious point, I forgot my comma but that is hardly reason to make fun of me. I am surprised you did not also say it hasn't happened yet.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Never been. What is at the show anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

We used to go when I was a kid, loved it, back then you could play on the tractors and feed the animals, a lot's changed since that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

PauloMN wrote: »
    Never been. What is at the show anyway?

Farmers, Cows, Sheep, Horses, Goats, you get the idea

Didn't go but heard it all going on as we're just down the road

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

scudzilla wrote: »
    Farmers, Cows, Sheep, Horses, Goats, you get the idea

Didn't go but heard it all going on as we're just down the road

Meh, wouldn't be my thing, unless of course there's a "lovely girls" contest lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Yesterday I visited Trim Show what a disappointment. Why do they let people drive through the stands this is an accident waiting to happen. One guy I watched driving slowly by taking it all in , he never got out. There were several others . What does it take the death of a child to stop this dangerous practice. I paid in Ten Euro and when I went to pay for a cardboard half filled cup of tea in the marquee they tried to charge me 2.50 , it was 1.50 on the big display but the lady said it was 2.50 as they were using a different price list.It was 1.95 with a meal later served in a real cup in the Castle Arch I was glad I was a man, fancy getting your guna wet peeing in port a loo.Does anyone else have views on this event , the kindest word I can use is amateur.

Yes, it was a pretty tame event all told. I just paid €10 total for myself and my wife & son and it was plenty as we didnt stay around long. I thought that some of the commercial stands were interesting and there was some good pens with animals. However, with other shows and festivals on nowadays there was nothing really to entice us to stay around long. Years agom this was the only show all year and we appreciated it more.

I think a charge of €6 adult and €10 family would be ample. I agree that the charge for the tea was overpriced. I like to support these things but Iwouldnt be racing back.

Advertisement