Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kerry Bypass Listowel - Killarney how long?

Options
  • 02-09-2013 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

How long does it take to drive from listowel to Killarney through the new bypass skipping trslee town.
    Aprrox the old road takes an hour.
    Tried the AA travel router but take me thru town the bypass is not updated on their AA map.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Takes aprox 10 to 15 mins to get from first roundabout you meet off n69 roundabout get you on bypass to when you get to roundabout opposite ballygarry hotel. 20 mins listowel to roundabout. Add another 20 from roundabout to Killarney. Be aprox an hour in total take into account traffic. Maybe less 50 to 55 mins with bypass. Most it take off be 5 to 10 mins off journey.

I've yet to travel to Killarney via bypass I've travelled it while old road was still there. Would you not go by the castleisland by pass if you coming from listowel? 5 mins in the difference to journey compared to listowel tralee Killarney old road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

doovdela wrote: »
    Takes aprox 10 to 15 mins to get from first roundabout you meet off n69 roundabout get you on bypass to when you get to roundabout opposite ballygarry hotel. 20 mins listowel to roundabout. Add another 20 from roundabout to Killarney. Be aprox an hour in total take into account traffic. Maybe less 50 to 55 mins with bypass. Most it take off be 5 to 10 mins off journey.

I've yet to travel to Killarney via bypass I've travelled it while old road was still there. Would you not go by the castleisland by pass if you coming from listowel? 5 mins in the difference to journey compared to listowel tralee Killarney old road.

How would you get from Listowel to Killarney via Castleisland? Is that via Duagh/Abbeyfeale or using a local road?

Also you seem to recommend the Ballygarry exit rather than the new designated Killarney exit roundabout. Is it proven that Ballygarry is still quicker?

If both routes you suggest prove to be quicker, I'd really start questioning how beneficial the bypass is for a large percentage of motorists.

Ya go out by cork line near feales bridge a creamery and rubys nightclub. Turn off there to go to castleisland/kerry airport. You can avoid abbeyfeale but ya that road you meet after abbeyfeale or off other road be the old castleisland road. Look up r555. Road at back of rubys continue on until a turn off for n21. If you continue on old road you end up in knocknagashel.

You avoid castleisland too. A roundabout near there you continue on for faranfore etc so you meet the tralee to killarney rd.

Go into googlemaps type in listowel, r555 then killarney in each destination box respectively shows route.

For those going to manor from n69 or going to dingle makes sense to go by bypass just another alternative for those going from listowel to killarney.

Advertisement