Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up a sports club in DIT

Options
  • 02-09-2013 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

Hey folks.
    Has anybody here set up a sports club and can somebody give us a guide.
    Going into first year so I have no idea

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Go into the students union when you start would likely be the easiest way i think. At some point during induction you'll be given a tour of your campus, but if not just ask someone where the office is.

I know for societies you just need a form and 16? signatures and you can start one, I'm just not sure about clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

You go to the guys in sports and recreation... Societies, clubs and student union are all completely different! There are sports and rec offices in Bolton and aungier st :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

bpb101 wrote: »
    Hey folks.
    Has anybody here set up a sports club and can somebody give us a guide.
    Going into first year so I have no idea

Thanks

What have you got in mind? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

What have you got in mind? :)

Rifle Club. :)

Trying of thinking of a way to train in a range off campus or something

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

The societies have a bit of a problem with the airsoft soc so I can't imagine you would be given the time of day for a rifle club :-/ An airsoft rifle belonging to a student was found by a cleaner and it caused some major problems... I know nobody would even think of bringing a real one to the college but I still think there would be some major issues with a rifle club!

But then again I could be wrong and the only way to find out is inquire! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Maybe try a rifle appreciation society if they don't want a rifle club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

VickBack wrote: »
    The societies have a bit of a problem with the airsoft soc so I can't imagine you would be given the time of day for a rifle club :-/ An airsoft rifle belonging to a student was found by a cleaner and it caused some major problems... I know nobody would even think of bringing a real one to the college but I still think there would be some major issues with a rifle club!

But then again I could be wrong and the only way to find out is inquire! :-)

A rifle club would be dit students but it wouldn't be in DIt.
    My plan would be to do some deal with existing rifle clubs and train in their range.
    The people would not actual own rifle but would use the ranges

Similar setup to trinity except using somebody else range.

Advertisement