Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery hens need homes

• 02-09-2013 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey i just got info that there are 7,000 battery hens being sent to slaughter next Monday the 9th of Sep in Laois. .... i have the name of the rescue centre thats trying to home them but i dont think its allowed to put website address here..... but it should not be too hard to find out where to get them...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I'm involved in this, be collecting a good few chickens ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 trekie123

have you any idea of how old they are... not that it matters as they still need homes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

trekie123 wrote: »
    have you any idea of how old they are... not that it matters as they still need homes
    They're a year old (or there abouts) ;)

Mod note: PM myself or the OP about this. There is to be ZERO discussion about battery hen farming.It is what it is. If you want to be involved in rescuing these chickens then you already know where to look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

trekie123 wrote: »

A year or so, still have a good few years of laying ahead of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

for any potential Battery Hen rescuers out there - I have rescued ex- batts, and while they look DREADFUL initially, with proper food (layers pellets & water - thats it!) and a dry coop, they will recover REALLY quickly. I dont have any ex-batts at the moment, but my friend has hers for well over a year now, and they are laying on average an egg/day still. So dont be put off by their bad condition - they can reward you - lovely pets, with the bonus of a yummy egg - very quickly and cheaply!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement