Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury Roses new sweet?

Options
  • 02-09-2013 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody tried the coffee sweet that has being re-released for Christmas 2013?
    I also heard that they might be another new one as well but I'm not sure!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

No, but very excited now! Coffee ones were my fav!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I love coffee sweets! We'll be buying a tin (or three) of Roses for Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,020 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Why did they have to go and change them in the first place? :(

Glad coffe is back, was shocking that they removed it!

Bitterly disappointed, someone had a round tin of roses purchased only yesterday, and while there were loads of orange ones (yummo), zero coffee!

Will these be special edition I wonder?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I don't remember a coffee Roses sweet? Perhaps I'm a bit young?

Very much looking forward to its reintroduction in any case. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Oh no. The coffee ones were always the last ones left in the tin in our house. Only eaten when all the Christmas goodies had disappeared in January. Never by me though couldn't stand them. Now the caramels, they were always first to go:)

Post them all to me Layinghen!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

pwurple wrote: »
    Bitterly disappointed, someone had a round tin of roses purchased only yesterday, and while there were loads of orange ones (yummo), zero coffee!

Will these be special edition I wonder?

Was it the Christmas tin? It says on the tin that their are new sweats in it. They are for sale in Tesco's!
    Layinghen wrote: »
    Oh no. The coffee ones were always the last ones left in the tin in our house. Only eaten when all the Christmas goodies had disappeared in January. Never by me though couldn't stand them. Now the caramels, they were always first to go:)

I would eat the odd coffee sweet but I wouldn't love them. My mother isn't looking forward to getting them because she feels the coffee will taint the other sweets in the tin.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Was it the Christmas tin? It says on the tin that their are new sweats in it. They are for sale in Tesco's!

I would eat the odd coffee sweat but I wouldn't love them. My mother isn't looking forward to getting them because she feels the coffee will taint the other sweets in the tin.

:eek:

Faith wrote: »
    :eek:

Corrected!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

pwurple wrote: »
    Post them all to me Layinghen!

Only if I can have your caramels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

my hundreds of letters to Cadburys HQ must have worked!!
    Welcome back my little coffee beauties!

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 jalan8984

Ah jaysus not again! They'll be left at the bottom of the tin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,225 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Their new coffee sweet is unremarkable really, but more annoyingly they have changed the texture of their Brazilian dark toffee one and now it's more like fudge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Has anybody tried the coffee sweet that has been re-released for Christmas 2013?
    I also heard that there might be another new one as well but I'm not sure!

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

I loved the coffee ones and never understood those heathens among you who thought it was vile.

How I mourned for the post-festive season Roses tins around the country that remained filled with the neglected coffee sweets that were destined never to come my way. The poor, unloved, tasty little things.

I hope the other possible new one is one of the lovely previous ones that they also did away with. Or at least a truffle or praline rather than another crappy creme-filled one. Roses really turned their selection to sh!t several years ago :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭ebbsy

All the shops were tripping over themselves, selling tins at a fiver etc last year, however did this contribute to a drop in variety ? Methinks it did.

Variety (and prices) dropped a lot longer than a year ago, to the great detriment of the quality of what was once a long-loved favourite :(

spurious wrote: »
    Their new coffee sweet is unremarkable really, but more annoyingly they have changed the texture of their Brazilian dark toffee one and now it's more like fudge.
    Is it the exact same Coffee Creme that they used to have, or an alternative coffee sweet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I just want them to return the Dairy Milk one to its non-chunky former glory.

Is it the exact same Coffee Creme that they used to have, or an alternative coffee sweet?

Ah, never mind:
    Coffee - New for Christmas 2013, Cadbury have re-released the soft coffee centred chocolate

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,225 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's bigger, not the old shape.

They don't actually have a good old fashioned toffee in the box anymore. It's all full of these soft horrible ones.

ebbsy wrote: »
    All the shops were tripping over themselves, selling tins at a fiver etc last year, however did this contribute to a drop in variety ? Methinks it did.

Coffee was gone for a good few years and I say all the supermarkets will be selling them for about five euro again, just last week they were 6.60 at Tesco!

Coffee was gone for a good few years

Well over a decade anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Miss Mayhem

I hope they use some of the Australian sweets. A friend brought back a box of Roses from there and most of them were gorgeous! Much nicer than our ones!

spurious wrote: »
    It's bigger, not the old shape.

They don't actually have a good old fashioned toffee in the box anymore. It's all full of these soft horrible ones.

That's true my spurious friend. They have those ones in gold wrappers that look like somebody sat on them, too soft as well.

Toffee should be hard !!!!!!

So....what is the tin of choice this year my fruity friends ??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

That's true my spurious friend. They have those ones in gold wrappers that look like somebody sat on them, too soft as well.

Toffee should be hard !!!!!!

Are they not in Quality Street? The Toffee Penny?

I too missed the coffee one...glad it's back. I even love the coffee one in Revels. Dairy Box aren't great, nearly all nut ones.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Are they not in Quality Street? The Toffee Penny?

I too missed the coffee one...glad it's back. I even love the coffee one in Revels. Dairy Box aren't great, nearly all nut ones.
    That's, like, the nicest Revel.

Their is a mini Toblerone in the tins of Heroes now as well!

• Advertisement

So....what is the tin of choice this year my fruity friends ??????????
    Perhaps Celebrations or Heroes but really I just don't know anymore.

Celebrations upset me when they did away with Galaxy Truffle and also when they changed the shape of their sweets from perfectly oval to a weird flat-bottomed form.

Heroes upset me when they did away with Crunchie Nugget (also Fuse at the time, but I got over that one).

Quality Street has always been sh!te.

Advertisement