Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

New Order runs like an absolute dog on my new rig; i5 6600K and a 380X. What were they thinking with that engine... anyone know of ways to improve performance on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

My girlfriend got this for me at Xmas and played it once and never went back to it , Till this week

Wow what a bloody game just finished it , fresh off Uncharted I wanted something something to fill the void and man did this deliver can't believe I had it so long and never played truely classy game. I loved how you literally have to fight through some of the levels , sometimes just scraping through on 10 or 20 health with the bare minimum amunition

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a cracking game alright, Old Blood is supposed to be great fun as well, though is a budget title given it's just a new episode rather than a whole new game.
    I wonder how or if they'll keep the franchise going?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I stayed up until 4am finishing it last night.

DIE, NAZI SCUM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,965 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I wonder how or if they'll keep the franchise going?

Good question. While I would like to think Bethesda will keep the franchise going, I think it will be a tough task to make a new Wolfenstein game as good as The New Order. The New Order is just a fantastic game to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I started it a while ago on PS3...but stopped for whatever reason.

Bought it again on PC last week and am really enjoying it. It's much better on PC for me anyways, I love the story too.

First time around , did anyone choose the young soldier over the Scottish lad ? (you probably did 2nd time, just to see the alternative story). I felt no connection or allegiance to him, seemed like a useless soldier at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I don't think the story is changed that much. The guy you pick just gives you the odd bollocking for not saving the other lad instead. everything else seems superficial, mind you, i haven't finished it having saved the young soldier yet, so the ending could be radically different but so far it looks the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I went with the Scottish dude first time and then the other lad. The young guy gives you extra health and the Scot gives you something else but I can't remember what - brain freeze.
    I preferred the Scot but it doesn't change the gameplay significantly.

I went with the Scott. He seemed more fun. This is always how I base my life-or-death questions: "who would be more craic?"

I'm in hardcore FPS mode lately. New Doom has started this (Mind you just completed Doom II again :P) Gonna crack this bad boy open again for a second play-through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Slightly off topic, but was there any reason why ID Tech 5 was scrapped after only something like 3 games (and an expansion)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

It hasn't been scrapped as such - it was used as a base for ID Tech 6 as far as I'm aware, as with what happened with previous versions.

Carmack left and Tiago Sousa took over, and Bethesda bought out id which probably limited the licensing out that was going on previously, and with the Unreal engine taking off so much.. I guess it didn't have as much as an impact as previous versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    DIE, NAZI SCUM!!

"The," nazi scum?

I don't get it... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,965 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Did anyone play it on Über difficulty setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

"The," nazi scum?

I don't get it... :confused:

No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 xboxgamer1982

Great games and very underrated. Enjoyed both of them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

When Deathashead ask a you to make the choice. Does if make much difference?
    Sorry for the zombie bump, just wondering as I'm enjoying this thoroughly

very little
    you get a different skill that opens up a small number of different ways to take on levels and one option gives you extra health and I think the other option gives you extra armour. I did both storylines and enjoyed them by doing a second run.

ERG89 wrote: »
    When Deathashead ask a you to make the choice. Does if make much difference?
    Sorry for the zombie bump, just wondering as I'm enjoying this thoroughly

They do alter the story timelines significantly.
    The choice is also available in the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok, zombie thread revival 2! Finally decided to splash out on this (got this, Old Blood and the first TR reboot for €18.47!), and while it's good, something that has been detracting from me is the movement. Quite often, and from the get go until now (about 6 hours in), when moving forward, he just stops as if caught on something. I have to leave go forward and push it again to move. But it can do this about 8 times in a row before it goes back to being normal. This happens about every 20 minutes or so, and the terrain doesn't appear to make a difference. Anyone else experience this? Digital download on PS4 Pro.

• Advertisement

I don't remember anything like that. I did much prefer the first one than the two sequels. Really should finish off the other two.

Advertisement