Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Plasma grenade followed my dual shotguns are your freinds ;)

Robot pwnage

Ah yes double shotguns. Some crack

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

calex71 wrote: »
    Am I imagining things or did I see enemies die by friendly fire a few times :confused:

Especially if they get between you and a shotgunner.

I know I've died to friendly fire at least once. The prison level had fergus filling my back with lead at one point

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Watching this and I am really tempted to get this. Looks like hell off a fun and setting is just amazing. I LOVE alternative world style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hands up who noticed a ramp up in difficulty on Uber later on ??????

On the last chapter now and getting destroyed in the final room before the boss. Trying to take Blazko's advice .... take breath , count to 4 , exhale , count to 4 :o

Watching this and I am really tempted to get this. Looks like hell off a fun and setting is just amazing. I LOVE alternative world style.

That's a very fair representation of what to expect, rare if ever a dull moment in it.

• Advertisement

Hands up who noticed a ramp up in difficulty on Uber later on ??????

On the last chapter now and getting destroyed in the final room before the boss. Trying to take Blazko's advice .... take breath , count to 4 , exhale , count to 4 :o
    I'm not there yet but playing on uber and health is light where it is needed most. Probably for the best tho. Let's us know if your still stuck in a while tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hey guys I'm really tempted to cancel my pre-order for watchdogs and get this instead. What would you guys think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm really tempted to cancel my pre-order for watchdogs and get this instead. What would you guys think ?

I'm actually going to get this over Watch Dogs from watching the latest footage of both games. I had this wrote off as just another shooter but it looks fun, solid and does exactly what it says on the tin. WatchDogs looks like it could do with another 6 months of work and polish imo.

CptMackey wrote: »
    I'm not there yet but playing on uber and health is light where it is needed most. Probably for the best tho. Let's us know if your still stuck in a while tho :)

Just got by that bit, as usual patience is key took 15 minutes to carefully kite a few enemies at a time to the previous room and I was still down to 20 health by the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The difficulty indeed turns up towards the end.
    I hate robot enemies, they ruin the pacing.

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    The difficulty indeed turns up towards the end.
    I hate robot enemies, they ruin the pacing.

Hmmmm depends , theres an upgrade to the LWR? can't recall it's exact name the lazer cutter thing,
    that makes it like a scoped shotgun aim down scope and 4 or 5 simultanious shots fire but you lose charge so you have to be near a charge point, 2 blasts of that will take them down 4 for the bigger ones

I just unlocked that :P
    They're still ridiculously unfun to fight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,359 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Game is full of bugs

I try to hit the machine man with a bar and I cant do nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Headshot wrote: »
    Game is full of bugs

I try to hit the machine man with a bar and I cant do nothing

You need to use the take down button instead on the attack button.

I find the lack of audio/voice options is pretty bad. Having to have subtitles on due to how low the voices are kinda sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Ye are really making me want this now but I also really can't afford it. Hmm €33 on Amazon but I'd also have to buy a new DVD drive...

Had to go and look it up as it was bugging me, Blazko is voiced by the same actor as Kane from Kane & Lynch :)

so after completing it I decided to do a quick replay in easy mode on the alternative time line to quickly see what differences there were and also to finish up any collectables I missed

some heads ups
    you keep all your perks and upgrades so easy mode is really f*cking easy when you running 200hp and all your guns are upgraded, every assault rifle comes with grenades, the battle rifle has its laser mode and your LWK can 2 shot any robot you run across

Then there's the stuff I might have just missed first time through, initially I was skipping through all the ones until I met Wyatt (I went Fergus first) but discovered new cutscenes in places I dont remember seeing before (In the Asylum i stumbled on to a cutscene flashback of bj in the bath with anya washing him, didnt see that first time through. Also I never found the sniper rifle in level 2 first time through, but found it immediately this time. Also I stumbled across dialogue tress I didnt hear before (including what I shudder to believe is pillow talk between bubi and the scary nazi granny in the concentration camp.

Wyatts specialty (lockpicking) seems much bigger of a deal with fergus's hotwiring, you can skip massive chunks of levels 2 and 3 with it. 2 you can skip the entire tower sequence in the middle and 3 you can skip being chased by the panzerhound the first time and you dont cause a prison riot like you do with fergus. All of this via lockpicking. Also the health upgrades are replaced by armour upgrades.

that in conjunction of the easiness of easy mode makes the game go stupidly fast. I pity anyone who played this game at any difficulty lower then hard first time through.

Also with Wyatts timeline the OCD girl in the resistance base is replaced with a Jimmy Hendrix/malcom X black pnathers character, which means that the poignant scene in teaching the girl to shoot guns is now gone.

replaced instead with a less poignant but more ballsy scene on race politics and taking acid while playing guitars (there's your 60's!!!) I'll be honest i'm torn which I prefer, I'll wait til I get to his death scene, but both scenes worked in very different ways.

Overall with the unlockable perks encouraging different styles of play (no stealth for me this time, all akimbo!) the new cutscenes and different bits and bobs to the levels a second playthrough is not as boring as I expected, gives a bit more longevity then expected.

I imagine you can do it with 1 of the other 4 unlockable gamemodes if you really wanted to extend your playtime.

Uber difficulty achievement didn't unlock for me so I'm having to run it again in 999 mode :mad:

Also went Fergus 1st time around, did you sleep on chapter 9 Blitzkrieg ???
    There was a great cutscene on fergus timeline there, was wondering if there was one on the other one ? Not up to that point just yet.

999 mode is easy and just as tough as normal uber in places, the health you start with is 999 but that is over charges health and is ticking down as soon as you start , but will go back to 999 if you die, I am getting killed after check points so I can breeze through it, the boss should be cake with that and my infinate ammo rocket assault rifel :D

Uber difficulty achievement didn't unlock for me so I'm having to run it again in 999 mode :mad:

There was a great cutscene on fergus timeline there, was wondering if there was one on the other one ? Not up to that point just yet.

999 mode is easy and just as tough as normal uber in places, the health you start with is 999 but that is over charges health and is ticking down as soon as you start , but will go back to 999 if you die, I am getting killed after check points so I can breeze through it, the boss should be cake with that and my infinate ammo rocket assault rifel :D

I presume you started on uber from the get go. Playing on uber myself n hope that won't happen to me .

Do the enigma codes unlock the 999 mode n other bits

CptMackey wrote: »
    I presume you started on uber from the get go. Playing on uber myself n hope that won't happen to me .

Do the enigma codes unlock the 999 mode n other bits

I think I just got unlucky with it, didn't change the difficulty or anything have seen some others with the same issue on xbox 1, tried replaying the last chapter too and nothing.

Enigma codes unlock the different modes yes, 999 is the 1st one , the codes are actually in sequence in terms of their location in the game as in the 1st code you can find is the 1st code in the extra screen.

I have to say infinite rockets and nades is a blast :pac:

• Advertisement

Yes i did, it's in my spoiler wall on what is different in that scene, there's a whole new character so the tone is very different, but the impact is still rather strong I thought (less poignant and more, damn! they went there)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

playing earlier
    got stuck
    quit
    went downstairs
    watched tv
    Discovery
    Hitler's Henchmen
    Hess, Himmler
    Turned TV off
    Climbed stairs
    brought justice
    Fuppin nazis

gimli2112 wrote: »
    playing earlier
    got stuck
    went downstairs
    quit
    watched tv
    Discovery
    Hitler's Henchmen
    Hess, Himmler
    Turned TV off
    Climbed stairs
    brought justice
    Fuppin nazis

Nothing better than stomping on some Nazis .
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

What gen ye playing this on? Might rent it over paying 70 quid for ps4 version.. What ye think is their much difference?

brady12 wrote: »
    What gen ye playing this on? Might rent it over paying 70 quid for ps4 version.. What ye think is their much difference?

http://gearnuke.com/wolfenstein-new-order-ps4-vs-xbox-360-comparison-gif-shows-radical-difference-textures/

Well ****. That ending was kinda sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭hardweir

brady12 wrote: »

If you can at all stay away from the last gen versions,the difference is night and day.I played through the xbox one and xbox 360 versions and even though graphics normally dont bother me i found myself calling someone that was with me to look at the 360 version in disbelief.
    The framerate on the last gen version is appalling and the less said about the screen tearing the better.

All in all one of the worst looking and performing games on xbox 360.

How do I access new game plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm noticing the cheap deals are the DE version, which I assume is the one without Nazi propaganda, flags, etc?

• Advertisement

The occupied edition is the one with the extras, thats in gamestop, all the rest are standard.

Advertisement