Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

the_syco wrote: »
    I'm noticing the cheap deals are the DE version, which I assume is the one without Nazi propaganda, flags, etc?

No Nazi references at all in the German or Austrian versions

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Completed this on Saturday night, jolly good game which was far better and enjoyable than I thought it would be. Loved the atmospheric music on certain sections and how it got louder / more prominent the closer you were going in the right direction. The story actually held my interest too, which is still rare for me these days, and was overall a nicely polished game.

Ending was a bit predictable
    Fighting a robot version of Wyat, I expected something like that as it reminded me too much of that bit in Quake 4 where you fight a robot version of someone you know..........who can't control their actions and beg you to kill them.........

Only complaint was I had to lower difficulty at that section where you burst through the window and fight a fùckton of nazis. I died and lost my machine guns for some reason, left only with a pistol with 10 bullets.

No matter what I did I was screwed by either the onslaught of grenades or Mr. Shotgun Nazi with me and my pea-shooter.

Still, an enjoyable game I'll probably go back too soon enough to do the other timeline and try the other game modes.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Completed this on Saturday night, jolly good game which was far better and enjoyable than I thought it would be. Loved the atmospheric music on certain sections and how it got louder / more prominent the closer you were going in the right direction. The story actually held my interest too, which is still rare for me these days, and was overall a nicely polished game.

Ending was a bit predictable
    Fighting a robot version of Wyat, I expected something like that as it reminded me too much of that bit in Quake 4 where you fight a robot version of someone you know..........who can't control their actions and beg you to kill them.........

Only complaint was I had to lower difficulty at that section where you burst through the window and fight a fùckton of nazis. I died and lost my machine guns for some reason, left only with a pistol with 10 bullets.

No matter what I did I was screwed by either the onslaught of grenades or Mr. Shotgun Nazi with me and my pea-shooter.

Still, an enjoyable game I'll probably go back too soon enough to do the other timeline and try the other game modes.

I'm struggling on Chapter 10 (I think) with the UBER diffculty so I may have to drop it down a notch also.

It's the part at the
    train tracks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm struggling on Chapter 10 (I think) with the UBER diffculty so I may have to drop it down a notch also.

It's the part at the
    train tracks

Simples once you have done it a few times, creep around the far right side of the tracks where they split in 3 directions,
    you should be able to take out the commanders with a silenced pistol from a fair distance , if its what happens next then lure all the big lads out and away from the train then run back around and bolt for the objective you don't have to kill them before being able to proceed, my last attempt was on 999 setting so I was a bit careless given all my health so I was willing to take crazy risks that actually pay off

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

lertsnim wrote: »
    No Nazi references at all in the German or Austrian versions
    Yeah, was thinking that alright. Half the fun is killing Nazis, so will probably wait for the normal version price to drop a bit (saving to goto a mates wedding).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Picked this up yesterday and have just played through the prologue and maybe a half hour of the 1960s.

Having a blast so far. I dislike multiplayer, and I'd almost forgotten what a proper single player FPS is like, being so used to short generic throw away SP campaigns with cookie cutter characters bolted on to a MP game. Its great to play a shooter that is so SP to its core that it doesn't even feature an MP mode. An FPS without an MP mode!?!?! What madness is this??

calex71 wrote: »
    Simples once you have done it a few times, creep around the far right side of the tracks where they split in 3 directions,
    you should be able to take out the commanders with a silenced pistol from a fair distance , if its what happens next then lure all the big lads out and away from the train then run back around and bolt for the objective you don't have to kill them before being able to proceed, my last attempt was on 999 setting so I was a bit careless given all my health so I was willing to take crazy risks that actually pay off

This worked a treat. Still though I cannot for the life of me find any boosts to my max health. I'm still at 100. Game is getting very tough.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

One of the timelines has no health buffs, just armour.

Looking forward to replaying this again under Wyatt's ark, try things differently, and have a better look around. I normally don't care for news trimmings, books, articles, sound recordings in games but loved reading them in this where there were plenty of interesting takes like what happens to
    The Beatles.
    and different takes on popular songs.

I hope we won't have to wait too long for DLC / sequel because I've unsettled business with
    Frau Engel, the nasty bitch
    :pac:

Azza wrote: »
    One of the timelines has no health buffs, just armour.

OK, I'm presuming I choose the armour route :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Picked this up this morning. Could be a contender for game of the year its great fun so far.
    Got the occupied edition for 60 in gamestop 2nd hand, someone didn't want the the postcards and doom beta code, their loss :p

Picked this up this morning. Could be a contender for game of the year its great fun so far.
    Got the occupied edition for 60 in gamestop 2nd hand, someone didn't want the the postcards and doom beta code, their loss :p

I kept my box and cards etc when I traded it in this morning for watchdogs :)

Did you get the card holder with it too, that was the best thing in the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I kept my box and cards etc when I traded it in this morning for watchdogs :)

Did you get the card holder with it too, that was the best thing in the box.

No card holder unfortunately. Hoping doom gets announced at E3, I really wasn't looking forward to it until i played this

Big X1 patch downloading now; any ideas what it's about??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Haven't a clue, but I've noticed my textures aren't as good as they were prior to installing it...

*sigh*

That was supposed to be a day one patch , 5GB in size. Having played the game twice I really didn't see anything that needed patching :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,359 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is this patch on steam?

That was supposed to be a day one patch , 5GB in size. Having played the game twice I really didn't see anything that needed patching :confused:

Same as, I'm not finished my first play through so I'm hoping it doesn't **** up my progress. I will check this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

This game has a great formula, damn near perfect. Finished it last night and will be replaying after watchdogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Has anyone on PC downloaded the latest NVIDIA drivers just released and now notice wierd flicking pink / purple glitches on some character's faces when they're talking in cut scenes? The in-engine cut scenes, not the pre-recorded CGI scenes.

I rolled back the driver but then saw that it was released to improve performance in Watch Dogs, and when I was playing Watch Dogs last night on the older drivers I was experiencing stuttering, so I was going to reinstall the newer one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

On the PC, is there still the problem with pop-up?

I noticed pop-ups but it didn't happen a lot and was a pretty much split-second thing, not as bad as RAGE was for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just finished the game this morning, wasn't worth the money I feel.

Just finished the game this morning, wasn't worth the money I feel.

What?....

You're one of the first people I've heard say that.

As it stands it's GOTY at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What?....

You're one of the first people I've heard say that.

As it stands it's GOTY at the moment.

Yeah there were just too many points where I was thinking "eh ffs"

I'd have to do another play through to rekindle my memory of them all.

Completed it this evening. Really enjoyed it and so surprised at the way the game turned out in the end, really not what I was expecting when I picked it up.
    So glad I steered clear of any previews etc..

The ending
    was quite sad really :( however something in the back of my head says he is still alive

Completed it this evening. Really enjoyed it and so surprised at the way the game turned out in the end, really not what I was expecting when I picked it up.
    So glad I steered clear of any previews etc..

The ending
    was quite sad really :( however something in the back of my head says he is still alive

The way the game went I
    suspect there could be more following the events of this one. as there was a world full of Nazis to be taken out still.

I hope it does well for them sales wise.

Any rumours of DLC?

Any rumours of DLC?

No but it didn't strike me as a game that needed any as in
    not like say Gears of War 3 where you had a section with Baird and Cole away off that appeared in GOW:Judgement , the plot progression was fairly seemless and no holes to be filled in like with gears 3
    and there is no multiplayer.

Also great as all of the other characters are in it
    they didn't seem capable of being able to carry a DLC with them as the main character to me

No spoilers as such there but added just in case anything can be inferred from them regards the way the plot goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Anyone having performance issues? It seems to be CPU bound, I have an i5 4670K and no matter whether on low or ultra settings the framerate still keeps dropping to low 30's regularly. I tried it on my laptop, which has a low end i3 and a respectable GT640, can barely even get playable framerates on low settings. (drops into teen figures).

Advertisement