Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

If you're running and gunning then you're playing it wrong. It's a game where you have to use your head and plan each move, running into the open to get health or anything else will generally result in you being killed.

Once you are playing it on normal or higher yeah but on "Can I play Daddy?" you can run around like a headless Rambo for the most part. The more perks you unlock the easier the game gets and getting the permanent health or armour upgrades stay with you for your profile from then on so it's well worth rooting around on the early levels or farming perks if you are having issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

If you're running and gunning then you're playing it wrong. It's a game where you have to use your head and plan each move, running into the open to get health or anything else will generally result in you being killed.

Alright... that's exactly what I am doing so there is my mistake.

I am on the highest level as well so that would explain

I will try again

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Just finished it there. Any news on dlc?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Anyone having performance issues? It seems to be CPU bound, I have an i5 4670K and no matter whether on low or ultra settings the framerate still keeps dropping to low 30's regularly. I tried it on my laptop, which has a low end i3 and a respectable GT640, can barely even get playable framerates on low settings. (drops into teen figures).
    I'm playing on an i7 860 with 8GB RAM and a 7850 and it's playing in high at 1080p60 pretty consistently. So it's running well on a pretty old computer with a mid range GPU.

According to the Steam page, an i7 or AMD equivalent is required. So I guess you don't have enough cores!

I'm running an AMD FX8350, 16gb RAM, and an nvidia 770gtx, drivers up to date, etc. and the game runs like a pig. Really needs tuning. The performance issues are interrupting any enjoyment of the game as I see constant graphical blurring around the edges, or textures loading before my eyes as I turn. I am also finding aiming clunky as f*ck and feels like I'm playing a console game with a keyboard & mouse.

I like the fact that you need to think ahead and not just rush in, and the story telling so far has been well crafted, but the above aforementioned stuff is just .... impacting negatively on my impressions of the game.

Edit: Granted, on note of performance, I have yet to dive into the config file. But I really shouldn't have to ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I have just completed this game and i have to say it was one of the most enjoyable FPS shooters in a long time. Playing it on the Uber setting really makes you use strategy against some of the huge enemies and replaying certain difficult parts about 10 times didn't bother me at all. Great game and very enjoyable story too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

Had this on the PC with a new built rig and played it on cra$$y graphics 360 for achievements, do I have a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone got the cheapest place on PC for this? Looking for a new story driven game. In the mean time I'm going to go through Deus Ex Human Revolution DX in the mean time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just picked this up today and I've somehow found myself up against this dude with no ammo :eek:

Is it possible to kill him with just a knife? Will the 2 lads with me that are riddling him with bullets eventually kill him if I keep avoiding him?

326552.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Late to the party here but the 'press X to pick up everything' is infuriating. Surely they could have at least given you an auto-pick up option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just picked this up today and I've somehow found myself up against this dude with no ammo :eek:

Is it possible to kill him with just a knife? Will the 2 lads with me that are riddling him with bullets eventually kill him if I keep avoiding him?

Never mind, Sod's law says that when you post on Boards looking for advice you figure it out yourself a few seconds later :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Doesn't appear to be the same voice talent for BJ in this judging from the trailer on the xbox dash :mad:

For those that played the new order they will know the voice acting was a huge plus in that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Thinking of getting this game for my 9 year old nephew, would it suit his age group?

Ie, not story heavy or just hard to follow/ play?

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

Thinking of getting this game for my 9 year old nephew, would it suit his age group?

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

It's fine story and gamplay wise but it can be a bit gorey in parts, with shotguns blowing off arms, legs and chunks out of bodies. I think that can be tunred off though.

There are one or two parts where you see a someone's brain being sucked out into a jar and a woman running around later on with half her face blown off but shes still alive.

There is also a bit of nudity and sex in there too. So probably not good for a 9 year old at all the more I think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I think there is cursing in it also if I remember correctly. I don't think it would be suitable for a 9 year old personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Yea, there's a few shagging cutscenes and some pretty visceral kills in it, I probably wouldn't give it to a 9 year old either.

Anywho, good timing this thread appeared because I've just started playing The Old Blood. Not far into it but enjoy being back in the universe again, really enjoyed NWO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

It's an 18's rated game. It's far from suitable for a 9 year old.
    Anywho, good timing this thread appeared because I've just started playing The Old Blood. Not far into it but enjoy being back in the universe again, really enjoyed NWO.
    Yeah I've been playing it recently too, enjoying getting back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I couldn't get into the Old Blood and don't know why. Must have another bash at it 'cos loved the New Order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Definitely not something for a 9 year old, it's extremely violent, there are sex scenes, and some seriously disturbing content. It doesn't downplay the Nazis either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

Watch the full thing, judge for yourself, OR skip to 2:10 and just realise the answer is NO...it's not suitable. That scene will give anyone nightmares

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

Good no i would not let me 12 year old nephew near it never mind a 9 year old as when i was about that age games where no where near detailed and as violent as games are now. Stay away and buy him Rayman Legends a fantastic 2D platform game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I too must get around to playing The Old Blood. :o

Eh there's a sex scene in it so no not for a 9 year old
    Also some excessive violence

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

let two 9 year olds play it, sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Im finally getting around to trying to finish this game, I'm just about
    to leave the moon
    and was wondering how much is left roughly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Chapter 13 out of 16. So 75% done.

Edit: If it's the end of Chapter 13, then you're talking about 3 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Is it this or Old Blood which is considered a great return to old school FPS? I have a hankering for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just finished this yesterday. I found it to be great fun. Its very much over the top and ridiculous but good fun. Nice to see an fps game that doesn't sacrifice itself for a multiplayer.

penev10 wrote: »
    Is it this or Old Blood which is considered a great return to old school FPS? I have a hankering for some.

Old Blood is the addon to New Order, it's not as good imo. The New Order is great fun, it's just the game pacing and level design that lets Old Blood down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The old blood is a prequel, so you could play it first. I liked the old blood after the first chapter, it has some good parts. New Order is definitely a bit better, with a more interesting story, though it may be partially biased in reviews because it came first and the old blood is largely more of the same.
    If you keep a lookout, you can pick up the old blood very cheaply. I think that it was about €4 at one stage.

You could give shadow warrior a look if you want some old style FPS mixed with some new elements. Often for sale for less than a fiver on humble bundle and even steam.

Advertisement